Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148648 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »
Are we ever going to be on tv again?  My TiVo says "no". 

WTF?

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=22395.0

have you asked currie?  just wondering what his official line on all of it is.

Why would I?  It's not like I would get a tangible answer.  When he strikes a deal it will certainly be mentioned in his weekly email and/or a press release.

why would you?  probably the same reason you keep asking here.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2012, 11:48:01 PM »
need a broom emoticon
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2012, 11:48:55 PM »
need a broom emoticon

Would it be a good thing here?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »
need a broom emoticon

we beat TCU in 3 sets last night, but to answer your question it would be irrelevant here.  Good teams beat shitty teams in 3, its expected.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
need a broom emoticon

we beat TCU in 3 sets last night, but to answer your question it would be irrelevant here.  Good teams beat shitty teams in 3, its expected.
but we lost to OU and UT (at home no less) in straight sets.......philosoraptor asks you square that circle
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »
really not happy with the second set.  Block was in the wrong place, wrong angle a lot.  Donahue had an absolutely amazing set/save for a nice hit and point. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »
what a rough ridin' embarrassment
the block was rough ridin' worthless all night
hitting was atrocious, completely lack of court awareness, complete lack of innovation.  KU could return the majority of our hits with one player on the court.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »
hitting was atrocious, completely lack of court awareness, complete lack of innovation.  KU could return the majority of our hits with one player on the court.

Yeah that's a passing issue not a hitting issue, the defense was bad.  If you don't pass you are hitting 4 balls all night long.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »

Yeah that's a passing issue not a hitting issue, the defense was bad.  If you don't pass you are hitting 4 balls all night long.
yeah I was discussing the hitting in relation to passing with my GF who has a higher vbiq than me.  She did note that there were many passes which left Donahue searching for any kind of a way to get it to a hitter. 

But the hitting when good sets were in place were unimaginative and predictable.  There were honestly series in the 2nd and 4th sets where KU could have had one player on the court to dig the hit.  Same spot, just awful.

Did you see Donahue's great backwards tip set in the 2nd?  Pure genius. 

I really don't know how Porubek is seeing all that much time.  Very lazy play from here tonight.  Poor footwork getting to places, reaching way too much, poor service. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2012, 12:43:28 AM »
WEBER :shakesfist:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »

yeah I was discussing the hitting in relation to passing with my GF who has a higher vbiq than me.  She did note that there were many passes which left Donahue searching for any kind of a way to get it to a hitter. 

But the hitting when good sets were in place were unimaginative and predictable.  There were honestly series in the 2nd and 4th sets where KU could have had one player on the court to dig the hit.  Same spot, just awful.

Did you see Donahue's great backwards tip set in the 2nd?  Pure genius. 

I really don't know how Porubek is seeing all that much time.  Very lazy play from here tonight.  Poor footwork getting to places, reaching way too much, poor service.

Some of that KU defense is attributable to scouting.  Bechard is Fritz's mentor, he's well aware of what we run because he taught her.  They have always played us tough relative to their inferior talent.  The defense, if played well can force hitters to hit at certain spots at that point its up to one or two back row players, depending on where you're attempting to force outside hitters to defend that place, somedays are better than others.  I haven't seen KU outside ood our match to know how they are defending but I'm guessing that they are aggressively blocking line while fanning the other front row player wide & short leaving 2 back row players to defend a lot of court playing the angle off of the middle blocker.

The best way to beat this defense is to feed the middle quicks so that the blockers have to hesitate when going outside.  When your passing is trash your hitting is predictable and blockers can force you to hit to the middle of the floor.

BTW Lila is our second best hitter, I love her one of my favorite players ever.  Her issue isn't laziness its frankly her fitness or lack thereof.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2012, 11:18:05 PM »
GO CATS
3-2 over Yosemite Sam Aggie 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »
They are really scuffling right now, better turn it around quickly.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2012, 08:37:07 PM »
They are really scuffling right now, better turn it around quickly.

Playing WVU next, should be a good game to get back on track with  :thumbs:
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2012, 11:47:29 PM »
more on track
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/w-volley/recaps/102412aaa.html

Porubek had her head nearer where the sun was shining
more importantly the block sucked less and hitting was better

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
donahue having an absolutely brilliant night serving thought 2 sets so far.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »
choppy 3rd set that we dropped, people trying to do too much.

4th set wasn't bad, never quite put them away like we could have.

Winters or MiR make it over? 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »
KU @ MHK tonight at 7 on FSKC.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
90's night!  first 250 students get a snap bracelet!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »
choppy 3rd set that we dropped, people trying to do too much.

4th set wasn't bad, never quite put them away like we could have.

Winters or MiR make it over?
I did not.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »
watching the volleykatz on FSNKC (thanks currie!).   wow!  somebody call the boner patrol, amirite guys?   :highfive:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Volleyball
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »
losers

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
currently in meltdown mode about Fritz.  Same crap different match.  Absolutely horrid game plan going into this match up.  KU knew exactly where all our hitters were going, I swear I could put a X on the court and the vast majority of hits would be on it.  (x would not be the entire court :dubious:) I have to also believe the number of tip overs instead of hits had to be game plan related. No way were all those the result of adjustments to poor service (which Donahue very rarely does anyway).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
currently in meltdown mode about Fritz.  Same crap different match.  Absolutely horrid game plan going into this match up.  KU knew exactly where all our hitters were going, I swear I could put a X on the court and the vast majority of hits would be on it.  (x would not be the entire court :dubious:) I have to also believe the number of tip overs instead of hits had to be game plan related. No way were all those the result of adjustments to poor service (which Donahue very rarely does anyway).

jesus christ, guy