Author Topic: Currie really hates basketball (WHAT NOW CAPTAIN CRAP?)  (Read 23799 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Currie really hates basketball (WHAT NOW CAPTAIN CRAP?)
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2012, 09:59:46 PM »
Yeah, I guess there is a decent amount of chicken being played in the TV world.  Still pissed though.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
GODDAMMIT CURRIE FIRED FRANK WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT HE SUCKS MAN TV crap MAN eff OFF CURRIE NOW eff OFF

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:41 PM »
Yeah, thats about right.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2012, 11:33:49 AM »
i don't know any more than anyone else here but since you asked, i'll give you my guess as to what took place.  but first it's important to clear up an issue in your post.  cc never posted that currie had no control, he posted that it wasn't currie who was negotiating with fox sports.  i hope you never thought that currie had no control, you seem smarter than that.  anyway, there's a difference there which i'm sure you're able to discern. 

here's my guess as to what happened-

fact- learfield owns negotiating responsibilities as our rights holder.

guess- currie trusted that they would come to an agreement with fox sports to work out a deal and stayed out of it.

fact- learfield and fox sports didn't come to an agreement.  learfield asked for too much.

guess- currie underestimated learfields ability to negotiate a deal.

guess- currie, two weeks ago and once it came out that the two sides weren't able to work out a deal, began pressuring learfield to get a deal done.  while he can't negotiate w/ fox sports, he can certainly negotiate with learfield as it relates to K-State and Learfield's future relationship together.

guess- learfield, reacting to currie's involvement and pressure, went back to the table with fox sports with more reasonable terms for both sides.

guess- the situation will be resolved in short order.  and it very well may have been worked out w/o adjc's involvement.  or maybe not. 

does any of this really matter, it's resolved.  sorry you missed out on a vball game. 

:dunno:

It's not worked out yet.

The point of the question was why didn't your obvious scenario happen a month ago.. Currie, Learfield, FSKC, you, Ben Boyle, Joe Montgomery, cc, et al should be sorry I missed a volleyball match.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »
Its cool that it got worked out but is also BS that the deal got botched originally. 

If a deal got done, then it didn't get botched.  I mean, it could have been done earlier, but welcome to the business world.  Negotiations are fluid, and frankly, since nobody has any rough ridin' idea what representations were being made by Fox, Learfield, or JC, speculating one way or another is kinda Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
i don't know any more than anyone else here but since you asked, i'll give you my guess as to what took place.  but first it's important to clear up an issue in your post.  cc never posted that currie had no control, he posted that it wasn't currie who was negotiating with fox sports.  i hope you never thought that currie had no control, you seem smarter than that.  anyway, there's a difference there which i'm sure you're able to discern. 

guess- currie trusted that they would come to an agreement with fox sports to work out a deal and stayed out of it.

fact- learfield and fox sports didn't come to an agreement.  learfield asked for too much.

guess- currie, two weeks ago and once it came out that the two sides weren't able to work out a deal, began pressuring learfield to get a deal done.  while he can't negotiate w/ fox sports, he can certainly negotiate with learfield as it relates to K-State and Learfield's future relationship together.

guess- learfield, reacting to currie's involvement and pressure, went back to the table with fox sports with more reasonable terms for both sides.

guess- the situation will be resolved in short order.  and it very well may have been worked out w/o adjc's involvement.  or maybe not. 

does any of this really matter, it's resolved.  sorry you missed out on a vball game. 

It's not worked out yet.

The point of the question was why didn't your obvious scenario happen a month ago.. Currie, Learfield, FSKC, you, Ben Boyle, Joe Montgomery, cc, et al should be sorry I missed a volleyball match.

my guess as to why it didn't happen a month ago, currie underestimated how badly learfield would screw up the negotiation.  as soon as he realized the issue, he addressed it and (hopefully) things are fixed in short order.  not sure what else he could have done, maybe sent a message to learfield in advance of the negotiation telling them not to screw it up.

in my earlier post, i mentioned that ABC was in the same situation with TWC in KC.  the first thing ABC did was start a media blitz blaming TWC for not renewing the deal with them.  that makes the other side (TWC, or Learfield in our case) look bad.  curries phone starts ringing off the hook, he starts pushing buttons at Learfield, and things start getting done.

robinette got used to further Fox Sports agenda (notice is was their release that he quoted in the article, even though negotations were still taking place) and gain them leverage in the negotiations.  like CC said, this stuff happens a lot, and will happen more and more.

i love watching ksu cats vball as much as anyone and share in your pain, having missed the televised game of suzie fritz and co.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

It's not worked out yet.

my guess as to why it didn't happen a month ago, currie underestimated how badly learfield would screw up the negotiation.  as soon as he realized the issue, he addressed it and (hopefully) things are fixed in short order.  not sure what else he could have done, maybe sent a message to learfield in advance of the negotiation telling them not to screw it up.

in my earlier post, i mentioned that ABC was in the same situation with TWC in KC.  the first thing ABC did was start a media blitz blaming TWC for not renewing the deal with them.  that makes the other side (TWC, or Learfield in our case) look bad.  curries phone starts ringing off the hook, he starts pushing buttons at Learfield, and things start getting done.

robinette got used to further Fox Sports agenda (notice is was their release that he quoted in the article, even though negotations were still taking place) and gain them leverage in the negotiations.  like CC said, this stuff happens a lot, and will happen more and more.

i love watching ksu cats vball as much as anyone and share in your pain, having missed the televised game of suzie fritz and co.

see how much more fun you are when you remove butthurt from your vocab?
 :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »
Thanks 'sclams :cheers:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:07 AM »
Why in the hell am I watching OU volleyball in HD on FSOK with there mouthbreathing broadcasters yet there is still no K-State deal?  Christ, I thought this was done, under control.  Such bullshit.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »
Why in the hell am I watching OU volleyball in HD on FSOK with there mouthbreathing broadcasters yet there is still no K-State deal?  Christ, I thought this was done, under control.  Such bullshit.

Considering how good the volleyball team is this year, that kind of makes it even worse.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2012, 09:28:31 AM »
CC - Are we looking at expanding the deal with FSN at the same level as Tech, OU, Baylor, etc.?

Are we going to the "1000 hours of content on FSNKC and FSN Midwest" angle, and that's why this is taking longer?  We're changing the parameters of the deal?

It seems like Fox is trying to gobble up as many hours of T3 Big 12 content that they can get their hands on.

Also, if the above is true, what does this do to K-State HD.tv?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »

Also, if the above is true, what does this do to K-State HD.tv?

+1.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »

Word is ADJC (remember, he is normally not specifically involved in negotiations, just doing us cat fans a HUGE favor by directing our athletics to a tv set, again not his job) was about to kick ass/take names etc. when those Learfield punks down the hall got him a 2 week Carnival Cruise as a gift to smooth things over for their blundering of the negotiations. They assured him a deal would be done but here we are. Quite a pickle.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:41:19 PM by JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »
ArnAndersonRules

Post #1704
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

K-State - FSN Together Again?   
The Time Warner channel guide now lists the LHC Bill Snyder Show in its old time slot at 10:30 Sunday night on Fox Sports Kansas City.  It also lists repeat showings during the week on Fox Sports Central.  It had been airing on MetroSports the past 3 weeks.
9/20 11:16 PM | IP: Logged

It's showing up on the Directv guide too.  Has a deal been reached?  I guess we'll find out in the Friday email from Currie.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
ArnAndersonRules

Post #1704
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

The Time Warner channel guide now lists the LHC Bill Snyder Show in its old time slot at 10:30 Sunday night on Fox Sports Kansas City.  It also lists repeat showings during the week on Fox Sports Central.  It had been airing on MetroSports the past 3 weeks.

It's showing up on the Directv guide too.  Has a deal been reached?  I guess we'll find out in the Friday email from Currie.

He's SO busy.  Do you see all the things he does in those emails?  WOW!  He must be the busiest person in the history of the world.  Thank God he shares that with us, so we can share in the joy of the marvel of it!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
ArnAndersonRules

Post #1704
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

Nope.  BUT :excited:

"Neighborhood Coffee with the AD" Debuts in Manhattan
It's always important to have personal contact with our fans and hear their thoughts, concerns and questions, but it is especially important as we make necessary adjustments together to continue our positive momentum. Earlier this month, we held a neighborhood coffee event at the Colbert Hills Clubhouse to provide western Manhattan area residents with an opportunity to talk one-on-one about K-State Athletics. A great crowd was in attendance and the "tour" will be coming to a neighborhood near you! Watch for dates and times coming soon.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »
The LHC Bill Snyder Television Show may now be seen on FSN each Sunday at 10:30 p.m.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2012-09-22/donations-will-affect-k-state-football-seating

But: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=22943.0 :sdeek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
Deal with FSN is close. Credit should go to ADJC when done.

:thumbs: good news

Did he rip Learfield's ass?

Yep, he yelled all the way down the hall for the Learfield dudes to get the deal done.

Meh, I like the different angle, but not enough venom. Keep at it, though!

Still working?  Should we have hung this banner?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
the bsnyder show is on fxkc

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
the bsnyder show is on fxkc

That can be shown without a deal being finalized.  FSKC can buy those.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
dunno

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »
RIP Fatty

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »
about rough ridin' time:

http://kstatesports.cstv.com/genrel/101712aaa.html

jezuscrist, seriously!!!  I don't watch lame sports like women's volleyball, but if I did, I would have missed like 3/4 of the season!!!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »
K-STATE, FOX SPORTS AND LEARFIELD SPORTS UNVEIL MULTIMEDIA RIGHTS   Reply

K-STATE, FOX SPORTS AND LEARFIELD SPORTS UNVEIL INNOVATIVE MULTIMEDIA RIGHTS AGREEMENT

MANHATTAN, Kan. ? K-State Athletics announced today an enhanced third-tier television package that includes regional, national and world-wide distribution as a result of a new multi-year agreement between FOX Sports and Learfield Sports, the multimedia rights holder for K-State Athletics.

FOX Sports will televise nearly 60 broadcasts, including up to 28 live K-State sporting events this season with regional distribution on FOX Sports Kansas City and FOX Sports Midwest, some national distribution on FOX College Sports (FCS) and world-wide distribution on K-StateHD.TV.  A complete schedule of live game telecasts and the various FOX platforms carrying the telecasts will be released in the coming weeks.

"This a big win for the K-State Nation and the Wildcats' fan base throughout the Midwest and beyond," said Learfield Sports' Chief Content Officer Joe Ferreira. "Millions of viewers on a variety of platforms will now be able to catch K-State games and coaches' shows, resulting in a much greater volume of programming for the Wildcats with a broader distribution than ever before."

Fans in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and other parts of the nation will see K-State events, which may include approximately eight K-State men's basketball games, up to 20 women's basketball, baseball and volleyball games, and additional non-game programming mutually selected by FOX Sports and K-State on FOX Sports platforms including FOX Sports Kansas City and FOX Sports Midwest each year during the multi-year agreement.  Selected programming may include the following shows throughout their respective seasons: the LHC Bill Snyder Show, the oscar Weber Show and the Deb Patterson Show, as well as a preseason football special.  FOX Sports Kansas City has been the television home of K-State sports since 2003.

The new groundbreaking agreement also allows K-State Athletics to stream events on K-StateHD.TV that are not selected for distribution by FOX Sports or any FOX-designated platform. Debuting in 2011, K-StateHD.TV is an exclusive high-definition network providing Kansas State Athletics and Kansas State University a world-wide connection for live athletics and academics events, classic games, press conferences, original programming, as well as on-campus performances and/or lectures.  A joint venture with the university, K-StateHD.TV is ranked first in viewership among all CBS?College Network schools.

"We are pleased to announce this new multi-year agreement which will maximize the exposure and visibility of our programs and student-athletes throughout Kansas, the Midwest and the entire country," K-State Athletics Director John Currie said. "This partnership with FOX, as well as our continued growth with K-StateHD.TV, will afford our fans significant opportunities to watch and support the Wildcats."

"We're excited to extend our relationship with K-State into a second decade," said FOX Sports Kansas City and FOX Sports Midwest Senior Vice President/General Manager Jack Donovan. "We enjoy working with K-State and its student-athletes and are pleased to showcase more K-State coverage as part of our new multi-year agreement."

Learfield Sports' K-State Sports Properties oversees all aspects of the K-State relationship.  Learfield Sports, which manages multimedia rights for more than 50 collegiate institutions and associations including four additional Big 12 Conference members ? Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech ? also titles the prestigious Learfield Sports Directors' Cup.  The company's multi-media rights encompass numerous content distribution platforms to deliver the passion of college athletics across radio, television and digital networks to fans globally.  Today, Learfield Sports' exclusive sports programming reaches more than 50 million television households nationally and delivers nearly 17,000 hours of radio programming on more than 1,000 radio stations. For additional information about the company's 40-year history and complete collegiate portfolio, visit www.learfieldsports.com.

FOX Sports Kansas City, a regional sports television network, is the leading provider of local sports in Kansas and western Missouri. FOX Sports Kansas City and FOX Sports Midwest combine to reach more than 6 million television homes and produce more than 2000 hours of local programming each year, including Kansas City Royals baseball, Big 12, Kansas State, University of Missouri and Missouri Valley Conference sports, St. Louis Cardinals baseball, St. Louis Blues hockey and much more. For more information visit FOXSportsKansasCity.com.

FOX College Sports is seen by viewers in the nation's 25 largest cities, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas and Atlanta.  FCS is available on DirecTV and most major cable companies including AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Insight, Time Warner and Verizon FiOS. For complete cable provider information and availability log onto http://fcs.channelfinder.net/start.asp