Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148826 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #875 on: December 11, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »
Comparatively speaking, Fritz has had a pretty sweet ride compared to other K-State coaches as it relates to facilities (when Snyder first arrived, the tennis team, the rowing team, etc.). Many didn't even have facilities for years. Or, in Mike Clark's case, he had a junior high field and then had to play on the road for an entire season (which, literally, included a series against Maryland on a middle school field).

Fritz's facility issues/complaints pale in comparison.

Holy hell is this ridiculous.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2019, 03:30:05 PM »
Comparatively speaking, Fritz has had a pretty sweet ride compared to other K-State coaches as it relates to facilities (when Snyder first arrived, the tennis team, the rowing team, etc.). Many didn't even have facilities for years. Or, in Mike Clark's case, he had a junior high field and then had to play on the road for an entire season (which, literally, included a series against Maryland on a middle school field).

No, it's really not. Historically speaking, K-State facilities have been quite poor. But, Fritz/VB haven't been nearly as poor as the vast majority of the other sports.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 11, 2019, 10:15:24 PM »

No, it's really not. Historically speaking, K-State facilities have been quite poor. But, Fritz/VB haven't been nearly as poor as the vast majority of the other sports.

Even if this is true, how in the world is it relevant? Is she recruiting against other college volleyball programs or the K-State baseball team?

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 12, 2019, 09:28:32 AM »

Even if this is true, how in the world is it relevant? Is she recruiting against other college volleyball programs or the K-State baseball team?

It's relevant for several reasons - other K-State coaches have had worse facilities and, arguably, performed better than Fritz (Snyder in the early days, Rovelto, etc.).

Setting aside the sports that virtually nobody historically cares about (including our athletic department) such as golf, tennis, rowing, etc., the athletic department has actually fired coaches for lack of performance in the middle tier sports (VB, women's b-ball, baseball) as well as the upper tier (football, men's b-ball). Fritz's past three years are as bad (and it's pretty easy to argue it's worse) than anything under Wooly, Asbury, Clark, Patterson - all coaches who were pushed out despite not having "great" facilities (b-ball was still in Ahearn for practices/offices and Clark had a couple of years with a stadium that was middle of the pack the second it was built, while ceiling tiles were still falling in Brandeberry).

As for VB facilities, outside of the top 25ish programs, the vast majority of VB facilities across the country are high school level or slightly higher. No dedicated VB practice courts, sharing time with basketball teams for court time, etc. By that measure, Fritz should be able to produce a fringe top 25 program. She did for a while, but her program has fallen off the rails. A new facility will give her a boost, but it won't fix the root problem, which is that Fritz is past her prime and it's time for her to go.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 12, 2019, 12:24:51 PM »
CAN HER ASS!

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 30, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »
Anna Dixon transferring to Mizzou.  Horrible look for the program considering her KState bloodlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 30, 2019, 08:25:02 AM »
Anna Dixon transferring to Mizzou.  Horrible look for the program considering her KState bloodlines.

...& she won’t be the only significant departure.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 30, 2019, 11:43:40 AM »
getting tired of all this winning

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 01, 2020, 03:18:25 PM »
Gloria Mutiri transferring to Oregon

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 01, 2020, 03:45:59 PM »
What’s Suzies plan? Lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 01, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »
Even with the proliferation of transfers nationwide this, along with seeing local talent go elsewhere, is troubling to say the least. We'll see what Gene does, if Currie was still here, she'd certainly be gone.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 02, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »
what do we know about the NDSU volley program?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 02, 2020, 10:31:36 AM »
their coach is named jennifer lopez!   :excited:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 02, 2020, 01:32:52 PM »
Why don't you white folks ever talk about Gene hiring a black tennis coach? He snatched the one decent thing about ndsu he doesn't want anything to do with that cesspool, it's why he got out himself for a regular person job.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 02, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »
because i know even less about our tennis team (program?) than volleyball

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 02, 2020, 04:51:59 PM »
yeah, there is not a lot of tennis news on gE

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 02, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »
Volleyball currently "upgraded" to dumpster fire status...  :curse: :bang: :buh-bye:
Dax fan club member!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 02, 2020, 09:43:35 PM »
Jus sayin, hiring a young black man to coach women's tennis isn't something Fargo Gene would do.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 03, 2020, 08:03:37 AM »
are we a tennis school now? 

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 01, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »
5 set win at WVU tonight on ESPNU.   
Some good Fr players.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 01, 2020, 09:48:15 PM »
Yes, that was great. At 2-1, the ladies are buzzing, all three matches have been awesome to watch.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 02, 2020, 01:29:29 PM »
West Virginia picked last in the preseason poll, one spot ahead of KState.  It’s a good win because it was on the road & most likely a loss the last couple of years.  I’ve seen Aliyah Carter play a bunch in junior vb.  Undersized but super athletic.  Great to see her get on the court early.  Transfer setter from East Carolina has also played great.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 02, 2020, 01:42:16 PM »
I only caught the last 2.5 sets, but the block was better than I was expecting (in particular, Archibong looked good). It is WVU, but, baby steps... splitting with ISU last weekend was also a positive sign.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 02, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
I only caught the last 2.5 sets, but the block was better than I was expecting (in particular, Archibong looked good). It is WVU, but, baby steps... splitting with ISU last weekend was also a positive sign.
That’s Archibongs game going back to HS.  Hope they can continue to develop her offense, she can bounce it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 02, 2020, 02:41:31 PM »

Exactly. Doing this with all of these kids is great, now we have to keep them, but it's already apparent that this is the best team we've had in a couple of years. WE HAVE TO KEEP THESE PLAYERS!