Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 86374 times)

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #925 on: October 24, 2020, 07:38:02 AM »
I don't know if we recruited her or not. I do know she committed there over a year ago, so if he's just finding out about this via tweet, I have to wonder how close he is to her.

She plays for KC Power, which is the best club in the country. The team brooke played on had every player receive a D1 scholarship, including one who is coming here. We don't do as well with that club as any of us would like, I think we've had 5 or 6 signings from Power the last decade or so, but those girls all get recruited nationally. They aren't regional recruits we're missing on because we don't know who they are.
Brooke had a pretty serious injury that sidetracked her recruiting.  You dig yourself a hole with Power if they send their setter to KState & the staff screws her around.  That was 7-8 years ago & still not forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 24, 2020, 05:30:58 PM »
Wait till you see the 2023 class @ KC Power

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 24, 2020, 08:42:13 PM »
I don't know if we recruited her or not. I do know she committed there over a year ago, so if he's just finding out about this via tweet, I have to wonder how close he is to her.

She plays for KC Power, which is the best club in the country. The team brooke played on had every player receive a D1 scholarship, including one who is coming here. We don't do as well with that club as any of us would like, I think we've had 5 or 6 signings from Power the last decade or so, but those girls all get recruited nationally. They aren't regional recruits we're missing on because we don't know who they are.

You dig yourself a hole with Power if they send their setter to KState & the staff screws her around.  That was 7-8 years ago & still not forgotten.

We've signed players from them in that timeline.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 24, 2020, 08:46:57 PM »

You dig yourself a hole with Power if they send their setter to KState & the staff screws her around.  That was 7-8 years ago & still not forgotten.

We've signed players from them in that timeline.
Yes a few, the best being Anna Dixon, a legacy KStater.........

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 07, 2020, 08:57:06 PM »
I am sorry Suz, win it all.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 07, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »
Unfortunately, there isn't much to win this season, no tournament so the prize we're looking for is second in the conference.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 07, 2020, 10:53:48 PM »
Unfortunately, there isn't much to win this season, no tournament so the prize we're looking for is second in the conference.

There is going to be a tournament in the spring, but likely only Texas and Baylor will make it because it will be 48 teams instead of 64.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 07, 2020, 11:07:44 PM »
well eff me I've made a complete ass of myself on twitter.  FML  goddamit

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 07, 2020, 11:24:29 PM »
We'll finish in second, I'm confident of that.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 07, 2020, 11:27:54 PM »
They have to win last 4 matches against TCU and Baylor to finish 2nd. Can't lose