Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148602 times)

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #925 on: October 24, 2020, 07:38:02 AM »
I don't know if we recruited her or not. I do know she committed there over a year ago, so if he's just finding out about this via tweet, I have to wonder how close he is to her.

She plays for KC Power, which is the best club in the country. The team brooke played on had every player receive a D1 scholarship, including one who is coming here. We don't do as well with that club as any of us would like, I think we've had 5 or 6 signings from Power the last decade or so, but those girls all get recruited nationally. They aren't regional recruits we're missing on because we don't know who they are.
Brooke had a pretty serious injury that sidetracked her recruiting.  You dig yourself a hole with Power if they send their setter to KState & the staff screws her around.  That was 7-8 years ago & still not forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 24, 2020, 05:30:58 PM »
Wait till you see the 2023 class @ KC Power

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 24, 2020, 08:42:13 PM »
I don't know if we recruited her or not. I do know she committed there over a year ago, so if he's just finding out about this via tweet, I have to wonder how close he is to her.

She plays for KC Power, which is the best club in the country. The team brooke played on had every player receive a D1 scholarship, including one who is coming here. We don't do as well with that club as any of us would like, I think we've had 5 or 6 signings from Power the last decade or so, but those girls all get recruited nationally. They aren't regional recruits we're missing on because we don't know who they are.

You dig yourself a hole with Power if they send their setter to KState & the staff screws her around.  That was 7-8 years ago & still not forgotten.

We've signed players from them in that timeline.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 24, 2020, 08:46:57 PM »

You dig yourself a hole with Power if they send their setter to KState & the staff screws her around.  That was 7-8 years ago & still not forgotten.

We've signed players from them in that timeline.
Yes a few, the best being Anna Dixon, a legacy KStater.........

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 07, 2020, 08:57:06 PM »
I am sorry Suz, win it all.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 07, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »
Unfortunately, there isn't much to win this season, no tournament so the prize we're looking for is second in the conference.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 07, 2020, 10:53:48 PM »
Unfortunately, there isn't much to win this season, no tournament so the prize we're looking for is second in the conference.

There is going to be a tournament in the spring, but likely only Texas and Baylor will make it because it will be 48 teams instead of 64.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 07, 2020, 11:07:44 PM »
well eff me I've made a complete ass of myself on twitter.  FML  goddamit

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 07, 2020, 11:24:29 PM »
We'll finish in second, I'm confident of that.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 07, 2020, 11:27:54 PM »
They have to win last 4 matches against TCU and Baylor to finish 2nd. Can't lose

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 02, 2021, 09:27:38 PM »
They released a 7 match spring schedule. First match is Feb 25th vs. Wichita State. At least it's something other than the basketball disaster.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 02, 2021, 09:41:01 PM »
I was really hoping for better matches on the spring schedule, oh well I guess.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 02, 2021, 09:55:53 PM »
Yeah, most local teams are playing conference matches when we would be available to play. So maybe the best they could do. We’ll see if the league record will be enough to get them in the tournament, along with how they do this spring.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 27, 2021, 04:49:31 PM »
Started the spring with a loss to Texas State which was frustrating but have bounced back. I went to the Creighton match that we won and they looked good...Carter is on the court all the time now. Next week they scheduled Baylor as an add on and if we win we should have a decent chance at making the tournament.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 27, 2021, 08:34:35 PM »
I'll be interested to see how selection goes for the entire tournament field. The RPI this year is lol horrible, like completely unusable.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 05, 2021, 12:34:51 PM »
The Portal is busy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 05, 2021, 07:16:28 PM »
Just Archibong, Vernon, and Kuck right? Meh. Archibong and Vernon graduated, Kuck got passed by a freshman and her boyfriend just signed a nfl free agent contract.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 05, 2021, 09:06:27 PM »
Carlson to Mizzou and Martin to UCLA. Both are grad transfers so makes sense. Adams will be the setter next season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 05, 2021, 09:23:45 PM »
So five transfers and four of them have already graduated. Not ideal, but not a crisis either.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 06, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »
So five transfers and four of them have already graduated. Not ideal, but not a crisis either.

Pretty much sums up Fritz's work the last 5-10 years.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 08, 2021, 09:52:08 AM »
The “COVID YEAR” will cause recruiting headaches for several years.  Coaches want any answer from current frosh if they’ll be using the extra eligibility year.  Who could possibly answer that question so early in a career?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2021, 04:25:34 PM »
We are playing Nubs on big 10 network right now. Nubs had the #1 recruiting class including the top 3 rated recruits :sdeek:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 28, 2021, 06:29:52 PM »
We're a damn good volleyball team. Could have won that match. The momentum turned on that bullshit 4 contact call when Suzie reviewed the bullshit net call.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 07, 2021, 09:39:18 PM »
We're a damn good volleyball team. Could have won that match. The momentum turned on that bullshit 4 contact call when Suzie reviewed the bullshit net call.
UNO took Nebraska to 5.  I think we'll be better but we aren't spiking up until we have the facilities.  We are The Booth for Big 12 VB facilities.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 21, 2021, 11:55:02 PM »

Awful loss tonight. This should have been a tournament team, but they're tied for last place in the conference. I'm officially done with this staff. Suzie had a cool pullover on tonight tho, but I'm done.