Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 135354 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:36 PM »
Not from phog, but from the KU/KSU to the pac article comments:

KU has more money than Oregon, Oregon State, and ASU combined.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2011/09/07/pac-12-expansion-the-case-for-the-oklahoma-schools/

Same guy:

People also forget that in 2008 KU finished in the top 5 in football and won an Orange Bowl. But yeah we suck at football.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2011/09/07/pac-12-expansion-the-case-for-the-oklahoma-schools/

Same guy:

People also forget that in 2008 KU finished in the top 5 in football and won an Orange Bowl. But yeah we suck at football.

I snorted at that last one. Yikes.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »
lots of talk on kusports.com about "Kent Star" and ISU bashing  :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2011, 03:04:50 PM »
I need to ask, do any of you need any further convincing that ku message boards are nothing short of being handed the keys to Tiffany and being told to go in and help yourself to anything and everything you want?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »
I need to ask, do any of you need any further convincing that ku message boards are nothing short of being handed the keys to Tiffany and being told to go in and help yourself to anything and everything you want?

whatever.  this place is nothing more than the adolescent board.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
Yep

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »

Same guy:

Someone should ask them how many Pac 12 teams have tracks around their fields....or Big Ten teams....or even, *gasp* Big East teams.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »

Same guy:

Someone should ask them how many Pac 12 teams have tracks around their fields....or Big Ten teams....or even, *gasp* Big East teams.
Just Washington I think - and they're tearing down their stadium.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
They're tearing down Husky stadium?  That sucks.  Are they building the new one on the same site?  That location is incrdible.  :love:

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:17 PM »
So do KU fans simply refuse to acknowledge that KU's football team is a dumpster fire in the making(or already ablaze)?  Do they not realize that this whole conference realignment is based on football?  That KSU has a much more impressive football program that is improving their stadium, and that KU had to covertly tear down signs promoting stadium improvements because they couldn't drum up the funds for their D-1AA football program? Or the simple fact that no one gives a crap about anything that happens in Kansas?  Maybe those guys need to wake the eff up and get on board with their agricultural overlords in Manhattan and hope for the best.   :comeatme:

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 05:00:41 PM »
They're tearing down Husky stadium?  That sucks.  Are they building the new one on the same site?  That location is incrdible.  :love:

Not tearing it down. Doing a $250 million remodel and building millions of $ worth of other athletic facilities around it.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »
Lucky bastards.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
It's scary what Washington could become given their location, and the fact that unlike other schools in highly urbanized/developed areas, all of their facilities are on campus and  the setting is to say the least, elite.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »
I always thought Ben was as delusional as KU fans got. I'm realizing now that he's the standard.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »
I always thought Ben was as delusional as KU fans got. I'm realizing now that he's the standard.

Yeah he's actually very level headed in comparison.

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2011, 06:04:34 PM »

Yeah he's actually very level headed in comparison.
I wouldn't say he is level headed per se, but he is level with all the other KU retards that think they are more important than they really are.

Offline babytears

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
Serious now, chums.  Wouldn't you guys be just a little embarrased if, say, fans from LA or Eugene or the like had to travel to Manhattan, KS for a sports match?  When I was a young boy, I remember the apprehension I felt when my cousins from DC were traveling to my shitty little KS town to visit.  Before the visit they probably just thought I lived in a shitty town, but when they arrived they would KNOW how shitty it was.  And then they came and looked down on me and laughed and I felt sad.  You've had to endure people from Austin and Lawrence laughing at you and poking fun, wouldn't you like to avoid another batch of mean cousins?  Wouldn't you rather have your cousins from Laramie visit?  Do you see what I'm saying?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »
Serious now, chums.  Wouldn't you guys be just a little embarrased if, say, fans from LA or Eugene or the like had to travel to Manhattan, KS for a sports match?  When I was a young boy, I remember the apprehension I felt when my cousins from DC were traveling to my shitty little KS town to visit.  Before the visit they probably just thought I lived in a shitty town, but when they arrived they would KNOW how shitty it was.  And then they came and looked down on me and laughed and I felt sad.  You've had to endure people from Austin and Lawrence laughing at you and poking fun, wouldn't you like to avoid another batch of mean cousins?  Wouldn't you rather have your cousins from Laramie visit?  Do you see what I'm saying?

:AA:

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 07:19:41 PM »

:AA:

Doesn't it suck that people from Eugene and LA would have to fly into mci and then drive all the way to lawrence(flyover country) when they can fly right into manhappiness and drive 10 minutes to ksu?

Offline babytears

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »
Would you rather walk to a blowjob or drive to herpes?  Riddle me that.  The 30 minutes in the car to Lawrence allows for the excitement to build, fuckers.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
Would you rather walk to a blowjob or drive to herpes?  Riddle me that.  The 30 minutes in the car to Lawrence allows for the excitement to build, fuckers.

It's at least 50 minutes (65 minutes if you want to stop for a hot-dog (which 90% of people do)) and the MHK flights are ridiculously convenient. Just admit it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 07:27:49 PM »

outted.  You never had cousins from cool places at all.  Cousins from cool places come to town and turn the town out.  I have never had more fun in Manhattan, KS than with my cousins from Philly, Detroit or NYC.  They put on some Ralph Lauren overalls and drink Manhattans until we catch a nice buzz, then we hit on loose women in jean skirts and boots.

Offline babytears

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
It is really convenient for me to drive to Salina.  Way more convenient than getting to New York.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »
It is really convenient for me to drive to Salina.  Way more convenient than getting to New York.

Truck Stop Love was a cool band, but is not a cool lifestyle.  Vaya con Dios chulo.

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »

I guess you're right, anybody from the pacXX would have alot of excitement driving 50(not 30) minutes from mci knowing their about to kick the crap out of the worst football team the big 12 had.  Walk  to a blowjob? I guess you're the headgiver, amirite phaggot?