Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 136734 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #675 on: October 20, 2011, 08:33:22 PM »
Squawk Nation's confidence is SOARING!!!

We need a quality win to be considered for a bowl even if we're eligible. A win against KSU would definitely do the trick, also maybe A&M. But I think KU NEEDS to beat KState to go to a bowl.

--------------------
Why do KState graduates hang their degrees from the rear mirror? To prove their handicap tags.
:facepalm:

Without a rear mirror, it's impossible to look at your own bad person.  So I see how this guy got confused.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 23, 2011, 01:38:46 AM »
Not realignment, but JFC phog

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=8137221

meteorcane
Posted: Today 12:02 AM
Dezmon Briscoe is interesting.  (7 votes)

Not to be racist but this guy is unbelievable.

Tardnardic

Posted: Today 12:21 AM
Re: Dezmon Briscoe is interesting.
He's black, a person of color.

FERALFELINE
Posted: Today 12:28 AM
Re: Dezmon Briscoe is interesting.

Most black people are interesting. Not to be racist.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 26, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »
From the "Is KU helping to drive Mizzou off to SEC?" thread:

MikeStinkey wrote: We're a huge reason they're leaving - they hate us and they hate being overshadowed by us. Even during the midst of their best FB season in 40 years, we came out of nowhere and snagged what they perceived to be, their BCS bid. That was horrible. Then came the Natty.

They were saying that all Texas wants is 1 major rival for football OU + 1 major rival for hoops KU.  Everything else is just meaningless in the big picture when it comes to conference memberships as long as Texas has it's rivals everyone else can get on with it. 

MU still is mad because  KU was chosen for the Orange Bowl.

KU will own the KC market, it won't be a hodge podge.  KU pretty much owns it now.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 26, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
From the "Is KU helping to drive Mizzou off to SEC?" thread:

MikeStinkey wrote: We're a huge reason they're leaving - they hate us and they hate being overshadowed by us. Even during the midst of their best FB season in 40 years, we came out of nowhere and snagged what they perceived to be, their BCS bid. That was horrible. Then came the Natty.

They were saying that all Texas wants is 1 major rival for football OU + 1 major rival for hoops KU.  Everything else is just meaningless in the big picture when it comes to conference memberships as long as Texas has it's rivals everyone else can get on with it. 

MU still is mad because  KU was chosen for the Orange Bowl.

KU will own the KC market, it won't be a hodge podge.  KU pretty much owns it now.

rock chalk agree with all of htose

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
Still on Harbaugh...

I just heard St John say on 810 that Harbaugh was ready to accept th KU job. The only reason he didn't was that Lew insisted that he forego coaching Stanford in their bowl game and begin at Kansas immediatley. St John claims he was told this by a friend of Harbaugh's. If this is true... Wow!

I can tell you with 100% certainty he was coming to KU.  I know 2 guys that were coaching with him at the time and they were starting to do their homework on Lawrence because of what Jimmy told them (We're going to Kansas).  I don't know why he changed his mind though.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 27, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :facepalm:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 27, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »
I don't know why he changed his mind though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 27, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »
They are taking this really badly. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 27, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=8143511

Not about realignment, but this thread is a real gem.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 27, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »
They aren't gloating because they remember the Scary Smart Era didn't end all that long ago. Turner Gill is our Scary Smart.

uh, no dumbass, Mangino was your Scary Smart. Except he actually was Scary Smart

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 30, 2011, 09:41:21 AM »
Gill needs to be demoted to the position of locker room towel boy before he gets off the airplane tonight

"I wiped crap all over the wall's and their ain't no tip in it for ya boy"
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 02, 2011, 06:12:38 PM »
I would almost enjoy a move the the Mountain West, if it menans we dont have to deal with KU fans any more.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »
KU can't "own the KC TV Market"
A conference doesnt get money for numbe of fans in a metro area. You can't determine if a household TV set is pro kU or pro KSU. Its simply what region its in. KC is a KU/KSU/MU market.
KU is broke as a mother effer thats proven, why would a conference want a broke school tahts awful at football.
AAU status means nothing in realignment.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 02, 2011, 07:02:48 PM »
A conference doesnt get money for numbe of fans in a metro area. You can't determine if a household TV set is pro kU or pro KSU. Its simply what region its in. KC is a KU/KSU/MU market.
KU is broke as a mother effer thats proven, why would a conference want a broke school tahts awful at football.

wut
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 02, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »
basically i just responded to everything ku fans are arguing
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 03, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »

great, now there's going to be a rough ridin' goEMAW.com realignment gems thread somewhere....  :facepalm:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 03, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
Still on Harbaugh...

I just heard St John say on 810 that Harbaugh was ready to accept th KU job. The only reason he didn't was that Lew insisted that he forego coaching Stanford in their bowl game and begin at Kansas immediatley. St John claims he was told this by a friend of Harbaugh's. If this is true... Wow!

I can tell you with 100% certainty he was coming to KU.  I know 2 guys that were coaching with him at the time and they were starting to do their homework on Lawrence because of what Jimmy told them (We're going to Kansas).  I don't know why he changed his mind though.
SSJ and Bukaty had a guest on that said he heard from multiple sources close to Harbaugh that everything above is correct.  I didn't catch who the guest was but he sounded pretty legit.

If true, holy eff.  :horrorsurprise:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 03, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »
Gonna go ahead and assume that a guy who was poised to take a job with the freaking 49ers wouldn't have actually ever showed up to coach the Kansas freaking Jayhawks.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 03, 2011, 10:02:38 AM »
Gonna go ahead and assume that a guy who was poised to take a job with the freaking 49ers wouldn't have actually ever showed up to coach the Kansas freaking Jayhawks.

The guy they interviewed was Jeff Tschida (sp) and even though he was in SF doing a story on Harbaugh he didn't actually hear this info from Harbaugh but someone "around" Harbaugh.

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 03, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »

Lawrence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>San Francisco.   Right?...  Riiiiight? 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 03, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
My ku friends argue strenuously that Harbaugh to ku was a done deal, except that Lew screwed it up by insisting that Harbaugh accept the position during the Stanford season, and commit to 5 years.  Damn that Lew!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 03, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »
My ku friends argue strenuously that Harbaugh to ku was a done deal, except that Lew screwed it up by insisting that Harbaugh accept the position during the Stanford season, and commit to 5 years.  Damn that Lew!

Different story on radio today.  They said the only sticking point was that Lew wouldn't let him coach Stanford in their bowl game.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 03, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »

Different story on radio today.  They said the only sticking point was that Lew wouldn't let him coach Stanford in their bowl game.

Cheyanne Zulu will land them a big fish this next time around.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 03, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »

Read carefully.  Same story.  Accept position during Stanford's season = not letting him coach bowl game.