Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 136741 times)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #650 on: September 27, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
Let's just say it would be an interesting topic to inquire about when the current numbers get released.
Nearly every year KSU enrolls more Kansas kids than KU.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 27, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »
 :lol:

This is from the thread where the Michigan fan asked if they could lose KSU and go to the Big 10.

Does it ever occur to you in that little head of yours that there is a reason that KU was at least mentioned in the rumors, and speculations?  The fact that KU was tied with UT to the ACC, or to OU/OSU to the PAC.  Or even with MU to the big 10.  There is a reason for that.  No one wants KSU.  No matter how relevant you think you are in realignment, KU is viewed at least as the flagship university and is at least thought of for consideration when adding members.

The only time KSU is thought of is when the question is asked if KU would be forced to drag along KSU with it.

And this is part of the problem.  If KSU had not tagged along and had been in the MVC where they belong all this time, a much larger % of sports fans in Kansas would be pro KU right now.  Even many KSU fans would also follow and route for KU similar to how we have WSU/KU fans.  KU would be viewed as having basically 100% market share of Kansas the way Neb and MU have 100% of their states.  People say KU would be in a much better spot if the state had not chosen to form 2 schools, but the real mistake was made when we let them tag along into the old big 6 and then the conference never decided to give them the boot later.  If the big 12 does indeed fall apart, and we get an invite to the big 10, it will be an great opportunity to correct this mistake.

And my personal favorite from the thread:

My lord KSU fans are in denial. KU is the flagship school. Get over it. And thanks for the kind words Michigan fan

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 27, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »
Meanwhile, flagship sinking: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/sep/27/ku-officials-say-theyre-concerned-about-declining-/

And from a story in the Topeka CJ: Kansas State University had a 1.2 percent increase in students with a total of 23,863 while The University of Kansas saw a 3.1 decrease at the school's Lawrence campus for a total of 25,448 students.

It's only a matter of time.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:57:05 PM by EMAWzified »

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 27, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
Meanwhile, flagship sinking: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/sep/27/ku-officials-say-theyre-concerned-about-declining-/

And from a story in the Topeka CJ: Kansas State University had a 1.2 percent increase in students with a total of 23,863 while The University of Kansas saw a 3.1 decrease at the school's Lawrence campus for a total of 25,448 students.

It's only a matter of time.
Yeah, they have had a decline of 800 freshman from 2008.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 29, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
From kusports.com but more evidence the average sqwawk just needs to back away from the realignment topic.

I'd love to see KY join the Big12. The basketball thing is obvious, but their football program has been on an uptrend for a number of years now. Great value and would be an exchange rate w/SEC instead of them cherry picking us like vultures.
I like that trade.
WVU would be competitive and increase our eastern view, but they need to keep their snakes at home. Doubt they would be interested in traveling to BYU, and vice versa.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 08, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
re: Gill replacement
My choice is Tressel.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 08, 2011, 08:02:14 PM »
Good to hear that they have options.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 13, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
I don't have numbers to back this up but it seems like KU, whether good or bad, is a good draw on TV.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »
I don't have numbers to back this up but it seems like KU, whether good or bad, is a good draw on TV.

I've heard they're brand is as good as Notre Dame's

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 13, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »

I've heard they're brand is as good as Notre Dame's

Most recognizable in college sports.  Just goes along with the rest of their national appeal.  I mean they have dedicated KU bars in New York City of all places, NEW YORK CITY. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: October 13, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »

welp.  there it is.

Offline justTHEtip

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 15, 2011, 08:55:29 AM »
After Missouri is SEC #14, is KU interested in being SEC #15?
Yes or no?

Why?

:facepalm:
God Awful. Take A Lap.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 15, 2011, 10:12:35 AM »
After Missouri is SEC #14, is KU interested in being SEC #15?
Yes or no?

Why?

:lol:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 15, 2011, 04:16:44 PM »
not from the phog...but from a ku fan on facebook...

K-state is becoming more homosexual as every day passed. last week there was an event for students to come out of the closet. the libraries have bought an exceptional amount of gay pride books in the last month. they are hosting an actor who plays the part a flaming happily homosexual married man, and last but not least EMAW to EPAW, no k-state fan is allowed to talk crap on KU's liberal attitude.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 15, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »

K-state is becoming more homosexual as every day passed. last week there was an event for students to come out of the closet. the libraries have bought an exceptional amount of gay pride books in the last month. they are hosting an actor who plays the part a flaming happily homosexual married man, and last but not least EMAW to EPAW, no k-state fan is allowed to talk crap on KU's liberal attitude.

Plus, that EMAWgeddon story.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 16, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »

Where do you dig up library homosexual pride book purchase statistics?

Offline Lemonrock

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 16, 2011, 09:01:05 AM »

When you are the homosexual pride book salesman you can keep tabs on these sorts of things.
S.outhern ignorance +
E.astern arrogance =
C.onfernce hatred

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 16, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »

When you are the homosexual pride book salesman you can keep tabs on these sorts of things.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline justTHEtip

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 17, 2011, 09:21:39 PM »
Squawk Nation's confidence is SOARING!!!

We need a quality win to be considered for a bowl even if we're eligible. A win against KSU would definitely do the trick, also maybe A&M. But I think KU NEEDS to beat KState to go to a bowl.

--------------------
Why do KState graduates hang their degrees from the rear mirror? To prove their handicap tags.
God Awful. Take A Lap.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »
Squawk Nation's confidence is SOARING!!!

We need a quality win to be considered for a bowl even if we're eligible. A win against KSU would definitely do the trick, also maybe A&M. But I think KU NEEDS to beat KState to go to a bowl.

--------------------
Why do KState graduates hang their degrees from the rear mirror? To prove their handicap tags.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 20, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
tangent

Hey I know this isn't about KU but figured the local people that haven't heard yet would like to know that the Ichabods are on TV Thursday night on CBS College Sports.. Hosting Missouri Western... This game usually is a fun one to watch...  The last 10 games have been decided by an average of 8.5 pts or less and the last 2 games 3 pts or less.. So Support the Ichabods and tune in!!!

As always Rock Chalk, even though I am an Ichabod alum!

I don't think this guy knows how averages work... must be that Ichabod education...

You can eff right off.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 20, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »
tangent

Hey I know this isn't about KU but figured the local people that haven't heard yet would like to know that the Ichabods are on TV Thursday night on CBS College Sports.. Hosting Missouri Western... This game usually is a fun one to watch...  The last 10 games have been decided by an average of 8.5 pts or less and the last 2 games 3 pts or less.. So Support the Ichabods and tune in!!!

I don't think this guy knows how averages work... must be that Ichabod education...

You can eff right off.

squawkabod outed

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 20, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
tangent

You can eff right off.

squawkabod outed

Hahaha I've attended both KSU and Washburn and just feel I'm getting a better education at Washburn where I am currently enrolled. It could just be my overall learning style I don't know. It's a great football season to be a Washburn student and KSU fan though. Go BodCats!!!!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 20, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
Sundance Kid sounds like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s name.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 20, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
Sundance Kid sounds like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s name.

So I would assume that jtksu sounds like the opposite of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) in your opinion?   :cheers: inverse!