Re: jobs
« Reply #2250 on: May 26, 2017, 12:44:35 AM »
@mocat get in here and suck my diction.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
jobs
« Reply #2251 on: May 26, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
Is there anything better than giving your two week notice and being told you can leave now with your two weeks pay? The answer is no. I should have given a months notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 26, 2017, 01:16:32 PM »
Is there anything better than giving your two week notice and being told you can leave now with your two weeks pay? The answer is no. I should have given a months notice.

Um, you just said there is nothing better and then immediately listed something that would have been better.  :dunno:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 26, 2017, 01:34:04 PM »
He clearly said the answer is no, smdh lady gooch
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: May 26, 2017, 01:48:39 PM »

Um, you just said there is nothing better and then immediately listed something that would have been better.  :dunno:
Good point.
I'm not sure if they would have paid me for a month. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:54 PM »

Nice work I expect to see your BBS efforts doubled and re doubled this next week.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 26, 2017, 02:46:41 PM »
My boss was looking for something yesterday, mentioned that he's real bad about losing things, and added that that's why he can't prove that he's a U.S. citizen.

So, here's the story. His dad was in the CIA. My boss was born in Italy and lived all over Europe and Africa as a boy. His parents got divorced when he was a teenager and he moved to the U.S. for the first time with his mom. He said his mom gave him his birth certificate after he turned 18 and, being bad about losing things, he'd lost track of it before he even got back to his house.

The first time he attempted to replace it was only a few years ago. He learned that, in the interim, the hospital he was born in had flooded, the old embassy had burned to the ground, and all records of his birth were lost. He called the State Department about it and they informed him that he could get a new birth certificate made if he and a parent came to Washington DC and paid a $2500 fee. But by that time, both of his parents were dead.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 26, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
Amaze

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: May 26, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »

Nice work I expect to see your BBS efforts doubled and re doubled this next week.
Well, I've got a huge list of things to do to get our house on the market.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: May 26, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »

Well, I've got a huge list of things to do to get our house on the market.

You could have a dead hooker in the living room with a massive blood stain on the carpet and sell your house 10k above asking in the Dallas housing market right now.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 26, 2017, 04:23:13 PM »
Thank you, Toyota.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: May 30, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »
Working at a golf course this summer getting paid 9 bucks an hour, free golf, free pool. Pretty great imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2262 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:43 AM »
Working at a golf course this summer getting paid 9 bucks an hour, free golf, free pool. Pretty great imo

Golf course work is pretty cool. Free golf is always a huge benny.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 01, 2017, 09:12:50 AM »
Country Club, Gregg? Or are you back home for the summer?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 01, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »

Pro tip. DO NOT BECOME A CADDY.

ESPECIALLY DO NOT BECOME A CADDY IF YOUR AN IMPRESSIONABLE TEENAGER WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT GOLF BUT REALLY LOVE THE MOVIE CADDYSHACK AND THINK, "WOW, THIS WOULD BE REALLY FUN".

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:03 AM »
Back home for the summer

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »

Pro tip. DO NOT BECOME A CADDY.

ESPECIALLY DO NOT BECOME A CADDY IF YOUR AN IMPRESSIONABLE TEENAGER WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT GOLF BUT REALLY LOVE THE MOVIE CADDYSHACK AND THINK, "WOW, THIS WOULD BE REALLY FUN".
Not a caddie they don't have those here. I'm an outside maintenance person

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:45 AM »
Back home for the summer

Damn haha. I play the Manhattan CC from time to time.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: June 01, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »
My boss was looking for something yesterday, mentioned that he's real bad about losing things, and added that that's why he can't prove that he's a U.S. citizen.

So, here's the story. His dad was in the CIA. My boss was born in Italy and lived all over Europe and Africa as a boy. His parents got divorced when he was a teenager and he moved to the U.S. for the first time with his mom. He said his mom gave him his birth certificate after he turned 18 and, being bad about losing things, he'd lost track of it before he even got back to his house.

The first time he attempted to replace it was only a few years ago. He learned that, in the interim, the hospital he was born in had flooded, the old embassy had burned to the ground, and all records of his birth were lost. He called the State Department about it and they informed him that he could get a new birth certificate made if he and a parent came to Washington DC and paid a $2500 fee. But by that time, both of his parents were dead.

There is like a 90+% chance your boss is a compulsive liar.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: June 01, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »

There is like a 90+% chance your boss is a compulsive liar.

Not compulsive. That's the only story like that he's told. Plus, outside of occasional human error, he's like never wrong about anything. Like, he's very smart, knows the difference between what he knows and what he doesn't, and doesn't bullshit. I'd be willing to bet that the story is true.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: June 02, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
I don't think there is much need for a birth certificate once you get a Drivers license or passport.  Maybe the birth certificate could help him get dual citizenship in Italy or something? 

That story would make a good set up for Bourne type mystery movie - I can see the montage of the hospital flooding and the embassy burning as I type this

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: June 07, 2017, 09:13:56 PM »
Hey guys... I'm totally bored and ready to go to work. I feel like such a loser.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: June 07, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »
you have a pool bud, enjoy

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor