I have no idea then
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #826 on: December 17, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »
What kind of police department is Riley county running when a patrol officer has no boss for half the year
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 17, 2015, 03:41:32 PM »

What kind of police department is Riley county running when a patrol officer has no boss for half the year
Shoot to kill. Don't cause problems. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 17, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
Mrs Gooch my wife can't make these kinds of decisions by herself either.  :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 18, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »
I always thought Christmas bonuses we're made up. They're actually a thing?! Holy crap!!!! :love: "DON'T eff THIS JOB UP FANNING" "DON'T eff THIS JOB UP FANNING".... :Wha:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 18, 2015, 11:15:46 AM »
I need to take at least 1.5 days of vacation before the end of the year or I will lose them. Which days do you think are the best to take off? I already get Dec 24-25, 31 & Jan 1 off.

Do you travel for Christmas? If so, I'd take off the 22 at noon to give yourself some sort of a weekend.

We just drive on Christmas Eve a couple hours to my family and then back so we can go to his family on Christmas day.

Also, I can take off more than 1.5 days, those are just the days that are going to expire. Also, it is too late to take off tomorrow as lib suggested because I already have two 2 hour meetings tomorrow.  :sdeek:

Also, I was thinking that I might want to work on the Wednesdays because our boss will probably tell us to leave at 3pm anyways...(maybe)

Take off 12/29 and morning of 12/29.    Wake up late, do the afternoon at work refreshed and relaxed.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 18, 2015, 04:56:52 PM »
I just found out I have 3 days of PTO left when I only thought it was one. Christmas and/or NYE just got awesome-r. I could sit on them and let them roll over. Probably should use at least one, right? Already have Dec 24-27 and Dec 31-Jan 3 off. Thinking the 23rd is a good idea. Maybe the 30th

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 18, 2015, 05:06:39 PM »
I just found out I have 3 days of PTO left when I only thought it was one. Christmas and/or NYE just got awesome-r. I could sit on them and let them roll over. Probably should use at least one, right? Already have Dec 24-27 and Dec 31-Jan 3 off. Thinking the 23rd is a good idea. Maybe the 30th
If you were planning on working anyway, bank them all. They're the easiest work days of the year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 18, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
That's what I'm doing!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 18, 2015, 09:11:28 PM »
I'm currently just a seasonal employee. Today I was told not to worry about the upcoming decisions to be made. But was told to tell my coworker to push himself. I am not going to tell him that.

I'm more productive but not by too terribly much and I sign up for voluntary OT. He doesn't. Moral of the story: looks and people skills matter.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 18, 2015, 09:11:48 PM »
Also, once it's official, giant ice cream party.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 18, 2015, 09:11:59 PM »
On me.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 18, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »
If you were planning on working anyway, bank them all. They're the easiest work days of the year.

True. This is why I blog on goEMAW, reality checks.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 20, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »
tell me about cover letters.  what do i put on this thing?  i've never put serious effort into writing one before.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 20, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »
tell me about cover letters.  what do i put on this thing?  i've never put serious effort into writing one before.
This is a great question. I am looking forward to the responses. Me personally, I would have hired somebody by this point.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: December 20, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »
This is a great question. I am looking forward to the responses. Me personally, I would have hired somebody by this point.

:confused:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 20, 2015, 07:51:09 PM »

It is typical to do them for my field and here is how I have done them.  Think of it as a statement of purpose.  Why are you applying for this job.  That answer is all forward looking and focused on the job you are seeking, the skills that you offer that are a match the areas of strength you bring.  Kind of like a highlights of the resume.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 20, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
Yeah just go deeper into your resume and tailor it even more to the job description than you already did when tweaked your resume for the specific positron.

The Big Train

« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2015, 07:55:40 PM »
its a chance to brag about yourself in a very professional way

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 20, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »

I haven't done one in a bazillion years. At this point, if I am ever out looking for a job, I will hire somebody to do my resume and write my cover letters (or at least guide me in writing them). The two major promotions I have gotten in the past 10 years were basically taps on the shoulder, so I didn't have to do this crap. I have tried to keep my resume up to date, but it probably pretty :lol: compared to a professional.

I know others wouldn't agree with me on paying somebody, but I have just seen how it has helped others over the past decade or so.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 20, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »
If you write a cover letter I'll look it over for free.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 20, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »

I haven't done one in a bazillion years. At this point, if I am ever out looking for a job, I will hire somebody to do my resume and write my cover letters (or at least guide me in writing them). The two major promotions I have gotten in the past 10 years were basically taps on the shoulder, so I didn't have to do this crap. I have tried to keep my resume up to date, but it probably pretty :lol: compared to a professional.

I know others wouldn't agree with me on paying somebody, but I have just seen how it has helped others over the past decade or so.
Ive written cover letters for people before and have formatted resumes as well. There's nothing wrong with someone doing that for you.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 20, 2015, 08:12:36 PM »
ugh, i'm horrible at talking about myself positively.

the posting asks for a "brief" cover letter though, so that's better i guess.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 20, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
I thought you were moving to kc with your current gig?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »
I thought you were moving to kc with your current gig?

I am, but I apply here and there out in michigancat land when i see something interesting.  i'd like to move out there eventually, but the experience i'm getting at current job will probably help that more in another year or two.