Author Topic: This video should scare the batcrap out of you  (Read 21216 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: This video should scare the batcrap out of you
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »
What if we just took an eraser to the electoral college thing?
 :dunno:

Terrible Idea, unless you want all our presidents to be elected in New York City and Los Angeles.

That's just poor logic. The electoral college assigns votes based upon population, so New York and Los Angeles are accounted for. The real problem with the system is that if a candidate were to win a state by just one vote, he/she would still get all the votes from the electoral college as if he/she won the state by unanimous decision. The system should be done away with.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »
Can you imagine what a clusterfuck writing a new constitution would be, though?

Quote from: AZCat
CTRL+F

Find what: Negro

Replace with: Homo
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »

CTRL+F

lol

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:40 AM »
Since we're going through the process of rewriting our constitution ont he most interestingly written, informational, and fun message board I have ever read, I think state lines should be completely redrawn/rethought. They should be based on metropalitan areas and geography rather than ridiculous state lines drawn up as backroom deals and weird traditions. It's completely innefficient and counterproductive for a metro area like Kansas City to be divided by a state line.  Same with places like Memphis, Chicago, Cincinnati, and others. The intermountain west should be one enormous state, SF should be separated from LA, etc. Let's do it!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »

CTRL+F

Maybe we could put in a new 3/5 compromise for illegal immigrants.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »
Since we're going through the process of rewriting our constitution ont he most interestingly written, informational, and fun message board I have ever read, I think state lines should be completely redrawn/rethought. They should be based on metropalitan areas and geography rather than ridiculous state lines drawn up as backroom deals and weird traditions. It's completely innefficient and counterproductive for a metro area like Kansas City to be divided by a state line.  Same with places like Memphis, Chicago, Cincinnati, and others. The intermountain west should be one enormous state, SF should be separated from LA, etc. Let's do it!

The eastern border of Colorado should extend no further than Denver. It's a rocky mountain state.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »

The eastern border of Colorado should extend no further than Denver. It's a rocky mountain state.

http://www.kshs.org/p/kansas-historical-quarterly-kansas-territory-and-its-boundary-question/13180

SOME leaders in the Territory of Kansas in 1858 and 1859 hoped to receive congressional approval for a state of Kansas with a western boundary at the crest of the Rocky mountains in the middle part of present-day Colorado and a northern boundary at the Platte river. If the Platte had been the northern border of Kansas, the state would include a rather extensive and valuable portion of the present-day state of Nebraska, and if the crest of the Rocky mountains had formed the western boundary of Kansas, a large portion of present-day Colorado would be part of the wheat state.

Had the territorial boundaries prevailed, the state of Kansas would look something like this today. No Kansan would need to go to Colorado to see the mountains, for Pike's Peak and a slice of the eastern slope were ours from 1854 -- until Kansas became a state in 1861! This boundary, showing Kansas as it might have been, has been superimposed over a 1956 National Geographic map.

Roll back the clock.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »
definitely need an iq test for people wanting firearms.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Buffalo Commons
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
Since we're going through the process of rewriting our constitution ont he most interestingly written, informational, and fun message board I have ever read, I think state lines should be completely redrawn/rethought. They should be based on metropalitan areas and geography rather than ridiculous state lines drawn up as backroom deals and weird traditions. It's completely innefficient and counterproductive for a metro area like Kansas City to be divided by a state line.  Same with places like Memphis, Chicago, Cincinnati, and others. The intermountain west should be one enormous state, SF should be separated from LA, etc. Let's do it!

I would actually probably split CO into three states - A front range state (at least CO Springs to Ft. Collins), a mountain state, and a plains state. Let the mountain state join forces with parts of Wyoming and Utah and maybe NM and let the plains state join w/ western Kansas and the panhandles.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »
we don't need one dakota let alone two

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »
Since we're going through the process of rewriting our constitution ont he most interestingly written, informational, and fun message board I have ever read, I think state lines should be completely redrawn/rethought. They should be based on metropalitan areas and geography rather than ridiculous state lines drawn up as backroom deals and weird traditions. It's completely innefficient and counterproductive for a metro area like Kansas City to be divided by a state line.  Same with places like Memphis, Chicago, Cincinnati, and others. The intermountain west should be one enormous state, SF should be separated from LA, etc. Let's do it!

I would actually probably split CO into three states - A front range state (at least CO Springs to Ft. Collins), a mountain state, and a plains state. Let the mountain state join forces with parts of Wyoming and Utah and maybe NM and let the plains state join w/ western Kansas and the panhandles.

I would also merge Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »

happy birthday canada, here's a couple dakotas.  we've had our eye on vancouver for awhile fyi. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 10:07:09 AM »

they could join the mega great plains state I just created. Separate Fargo/Sioux Falls/Sioux City (Iowa) and make a state.

Boom. Democracy at work.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 10:07:46 AM »

Agreed. They talk like Minnesotans but live like Montanans, so I'm not sure where to put them. Probably Montana.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:48 AM »

But you would have to cut away the KC metro, and maybe the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro. There would definitely be a "four states" state in SEKS/SWMO/NWAR/NEOK

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 10:10:38 AM »

not sure that okies and nubbs have that much in common.  Nubbs probably belong more with the Iowans.

How about Kansas, OK, and Missouri merge?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 10:11:17 AM »
Also, the new constitution will get the government out of marriage (i.e. no special benny's for married folks) and make sure gays can get married. I actually think we should encourage gays make out in front of homophobes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »

not sure that okies and nubbs have that much in common.  Nubbs probably belong more with the Iowans.

From a people standpoint, it makes sense, but the geography in Missouri is much different. I think Kansas, Oklahoma, and west Texas makes more sense.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:33 AM »

From a people standpoint, it makes sense, but the geography in Missouri is much different. I think Kansas, Oklahoma, and west Texas makes more sense.

deal.  kck/wichita/topeka/okc/tulsa/amarillo seems like a similar group of cities.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
Here is what made me think of redrawing state lines:

So allow me to state for the record my philosophy of how the future is aligned: neighborhood – city – region – planet. Note that “county”, “state” and “nation” do not exist. These are eighteenth-century constructs that serve little useful purpose in a connected, digital global economy. The hard question is asking what it will take to achieve this in these “United” States. No politician has ever voted themselves out of a job, and yet a thorough realignment of local and federal governance is necessary.

http://www.urbanophile.com/2011/05/24/the-new-provincials-by-jason-tinkey/

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
If anything, MO should merge with Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tenn, or something.  Hill people.  MO people are much more like Ark people than KS people.  

They deserve each other.  

Also, would be ok with OK merge, but not Nubb.  

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
I'm sure the brain trust in eastern Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and west Texas will come up with an awesome name for the new state, like Texoransahoma.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »
If anything, MO should merge with Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tenn, or something.  Hill people.  MO people are much more like Ark people than KS people.  

They deserve each other.  

Also, would be ok with OK merge, but not Nubb.  

Yes, and the eastern edge of Kansas, especially the southeast portion, probably belongs with Missouri.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 10:27:10 AM »
jesus christ people, get out of ks/mo/co/ok. :flush: /phog