Author Topic: This video should scare the batcrap out of you  (Read 21211 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
This video should scare the batcrap out of you
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:37:54 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/this-exists-iceland-rewrites-their-constitution-using-suggestions-through-twitter/

Watch the video.

Combine this with the types of other thoughts coming from satanist "thinkers" and you get a disaster of epic proportions for the US and subsequently the world.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: This video should scare the batcrap out of you
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:22:23 PM »
You dont like democracy?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:25:29 PM »
I guess that would be an ok idea if we needed to rewrite our Constitution, which we don't.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
You dont like democracy?

I like republics, but that aside, where the hell does that question even come from in relation to this video?   :dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
Fantastic idea. Great video.

It would be a great idea to revisit the Constitution considering how much the world has changed since it was written:

http://www.dilbert.com/blog/entry/founding_fathers_version_20/

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »
Why does it not surprise me that you take your political advice from Dilbert?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
And on the other point:

Its "living and breathing" when you want it to be.  When you don't want it to be, we should change it entirely. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
Did you even watch the video?  :users:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »

It would be a great idea to revisit the Constitution considering how much the world has changed since it was written:

That article is arguing that our "system" doesn't work because it's too old

I'd say it doesn't work because all our politicians are ass holes that are tied in with corporations.
These corporations regulate themselves. Big Pharma is all over the FDA, just as BP is all over the DOE. Monsanto is all over the DOA
We don't declare war, yet we're fighting 5 countries right now. Same corporations are profiting out their asses.
The two party system is a load of crap - We're too tied up in the largest pissing contest in history to get anything done.
The Fed has done nothing but devalue our currency since it was created.

So yeah, if we just adhered to what the constitution says, we wouldn't have any of these problems. But instead, we let people get too powerful, we let government get too big, we let the President do things the president can't do. etc.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
What if we just took an eraser to the electoral college thing?
 :dunno:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 06:52:58 AM »
Twitter suggestions = townhall for people smart enough to use a computer for things besides forwarding emails
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 07:01:28 AM »

China really is fantastically pragmatic. To make this work in the US, we'd have to package it as "principled pragmatism" or something. But African, Middle Eastern, and Latin American companies rough ridin' love doing business with the Chinese specifically because they don't attach moral, ethical, or ideological conditions onto their business deals or trade agreements. Essentially, we're the football team "doing things the right way" and China is Auburn or some other awesome school, except in this scenario Auburn (and USC/Russia) have a veto on the NCAA investigations committee.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 07:12:57 AM »

China really is fantastically pragmatic. To make this work in the US, we'd have to package it as "principled pragmatism" or something. But African, Middle Eastern, and Latin American companies rough ridin' love doing business with the Chinese specifically because they don't attach moral, ethical, or ideological conditions onto their business deals or trade agreements. Essentially, we're the football team "doing things the right way" and China is Auburn or some other awesome school, except in this scenario Auburn (and USC/Russia) have a veto on the NCAA investigations committee.

This is satanist propaganda in a nutshell.  Government by euphemism.  "man-caused disasters"  "overseas contingency operations" and every other pc bullshit phrase including the divisive hyphenated-Americans.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 07:14:26 AM »

Yes.  And I used actual thought to compare it to other suggestions I've heard from satanist "thinkers."  Its obvious what he's getting at.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 07:30:53 AM »

This is satanist propaganda in a nutshell.  Government by euphemism.  "man-caused disasters"  "overseas contingency operations" and every other pc bullshit phrase including the divisive hyphenated-Americans.

Meh. All forms of rule (government, religion, corporations, families, etc) operate under one sort of guiding fiction or another.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »

Yes.  And I used actual thought to compare it to other suggestions I've heard from satanist "thinkers."  Its obvious what he's getting at.

So you do realize that Zakaria (and I) weren't suggesting we "change the Constitution entirely"? The fact that you can't carry on a rational conversation about what Iceland is doing or Zakaria is discussing scares me way more than what Iceland is doing or Zakaria is discussing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
Let's be honest, our constitution is an antiquated piece of crap.  It's like the Ten Commandments.  Hey d00ds, do we still need the part about not coveting our neighbors slaves?  I mean, it's kind of humiliating that we had, in the guiding rules of our religion, a part about actually owning slaves let alone a rule about not wishing our slaves were as good as our neighbors slaves.  But then here come the ten commandment judges with their ten commandment originalism freak outs. 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there you have it, folks. :users:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 08:24:36 AM »
Let's be honest, our constitution is an antiquated piece of crap.  It's like the Ten Commandments.  Hey d00ds, do we still need the part about not coveting our neighbors slaves?  I mean, it's kind of humiliating that we had, in the guiding rules of our religion, a part about actually owning slaves let alone a rule about not wishing our slaves were as good as our neighbors slaves.  But then here come the ten commandment judges with their ten commandment originalism freak outs. 

Yes, we need a constitution for the modern man.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 08:45:40 AM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there you have it, folks. :users:

have what?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 08:46:41 AM »
Let's be honest, our constitution is an antiquated piece of crap.  It's like the Ten Commandments.  Hey d00ds, do we still need the part about not coveting our neighbors slaves?  I mean, it's kind of humiliating that we had, in the guiding rules of our religion, a part about actually owning slaves let alone a rule about not wishing our slaves were as good as our neighbors slaves.  But then here come the ten commandment judges with their ten commandment originalism freak outs.  

Yes, we need a constitution for the modern man.

We have one. We need to follow it.  

Those who trade...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »
:lol:
I love the new Dirty Sanchez run pit.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »

In awe of my eliteness of knowledge of history, government, media, and the trainwreck that is the satanist agenda I see.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
What if we just took an eraser to the electoral college thing?
 :dunno:

Terrible Idea, unless you want all our presidents to be elected in New York City and Los Angeles.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:18 AM »

In awe of my eliteness of knowledge of history, government, media, and the trainwreck that is the satanist agenda I see.
HA HA!

It's mostly the delusional unsupported rants filled with your favorites buzzwords.  Your "knowledge" is quite underwhelming actually.  It's funny to see how impressed you are with knowing a few basic facts though.  That one PolySci class must have been a doozy!