Author Topic: what on earth  (Read 5590 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: what on earth
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
The termostat in your house contains about 600 times the amount of mercury as a CFL. 

Maybe, but we're not throwing 600 million of thermostats in landfills each year. Also, electronic thermostats don't use the mercury switches like the old school dial type.

You don't get to talk environmental policy when you and the rest of the right wing are in favor of abolishing organizations like the EPA. 

Why not abolish the EPA? They create their own rules, and like any big government agency is run by corporations that swing crap their own way.

Then, said regulations are in name of global warming, which we know is a hoax through climategate.

But, the powers that be want to destroy the middle class...and then enact these rules/regulations based on a grand delusion that we're destroying the planet with CO2 (same stuff we exhale, mind you). We're walking right into their trap.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »
The termostat in your house contains about 600 times the amount of mercury as a CFL. 

Maybe, but we're not throwing 600 million of thermostats in landfills each year. Also, electronic thermostats don't use the mercury switches like the old school dial type.

You don't get to talk environmental policy when you and the rest of the right wing are in favor of abolishing organizations like the EPA. 

Why not abolish the EPA? They create their own rules, and like any big government agency is run by corporations that swing crap their own way.

Then, said regulations are in name of global warming, which we know is a hoax through climategate.

But, the powers that be want to destroy the middle class...and then enact these rules/regulations based on a grand delusion that we're destroying the planet with CO2 (same stuff we exhale, mind you). We're walking right into their trap.

Yeah, no kidding. If it weren't for the EPA, we probably wouldn't even get sick from drinking the water in Mexico.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »

:facepalm:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 04:07:13 PM »

:facepalm:

Your  :blindfold: is on too tight

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »
The Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) seems to be getting thicker in The Pit this summer.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »

This is thread is the retardiest. 

New stuff is not always better than old.  That is a retardy premise. 

You should be able to buy whatever light bulb you want for whatever reason as long as its not dangerous to you or anyone else. 

Incondescent bulbs are different than CFL bulbs, whether or not you like one over the other is matter of opinion.  They do not put out the some type/quality of light, anyone saying they do is an idiot.  Again, whichever you prefer is opinion.

I think everyone knows CFL uses less energy, but costs more and has mercury in it.  These are undisputed facts. 

CNS Casey is just regurgitating the crap he learned off some LEEDS DVD his work made him watch, so he would know how awesome LEEDS is, according to the assholes propagating LEEDS to pad their wallet.  We have these light bulbs at my office and everyone rough ridin' hates them.

/thread
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »

This is thread is the retardiest. 

New stuff is not always better than old.  That is a retardy premise. 

You should be able to buy whatever light bulb you want for whatever reason as long as its not dangerous to you or anyone else. 

Incondescent bulbs are different than CFL bulbs, whether or not you like one over the other is matter of opinion.  They do not put out the some type/quality of light, anyone saying they do is an idiot.  Again, whichever you prefer is opinion.

I think everyone knows CFL uses less energy, but costs more and has mercury in it.  These are undisputed facts. 

CNS Casey is just regurgitating the crap he learned off some LEEDS DVD his work made him watch, so he would know how awesome LEEDS is, according to the assholes propagating LEEDS to pad their wallet.  We have these light bulbs at my office and everyone rough ridin' hates them.

/thread

Nope, regurgitating facts learned in electrical design classes.  you are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), but that is just my opinion.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »
Isn't the old light bulb like 150 years old?  Why do we care if that old timey technology is forced out?  It's not a matter of "personal choice" it's common sense. 

Is there a problem with the gov forcing better mpg in cars? 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
I think everyone is missing the larger point here that these bastard light bulb companies have known how to make a lightbulb that doesn't burn out and held out on us for over a century
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 10:35:29 PM »

Why the eff is the government legislating what kind of light bulb you use anyways? 

Because the average American is beyond rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), and I'm sorry, but at some point, you have to prevent the drooling dipshit from sticking the fork in the light socket.

If someone is hoarding old light bulbs as a matter of principle, we just need to find a way to send these people to Mexico.  We'll take their workers, and they can take our morons.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 01:58:51 AM »
If you want to buy old crappy lightbulbs, then I don't see what is the problem.  Same with those who make them.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.