Author Topic: Things in Wichita that don't suck  (Read 191637 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Things in Wichita that don't suck
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »
I think the Loony Bin closed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »

Just closed for the summer for relocation. They are attempting to move to Old Town.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »
this thread has taught me that wichita has lots of interestingly named restaurants/bars/discos.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
and no one even mentioned Whiskey Dicks....

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
When I go to Wichita I like to eat at Chester's for dinner.  There's a million good places for lunch in that downtown square some dumbfuck characterized as a strip mall with a fountain. Sabor and Todd Brian's come to mind.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »
When I go to Wichita I like to eat at Chester's for dinner.  There's a million good places for lunch in that downtown square some dumbfuck characterized as a strip mall with a fountain. Sabor and Todd Brian's come to mind.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »

Just closed for the summer for relocation. They are attempting to move to Old Town.

:surprised:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:09 PM »

would be great for them, that strip mall on 21st and Woodlawn was awful for them, its a testament to how great they were doing that they were able to sustain being there for so long. Their neighbors were freaking Big Lots.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2013, 01:01:53 PM »
would be great for them, that strip mall on 21st and Woodlawn was awful for them, its a testament to how great they were doing that they were able to sustain being there for so long. Their neighbors were freaking Big Lots.

Agreed.  Probably high point when backstage was running full steam and stud boss J. Beasley was manning the door.  They would be great downtown. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
Agreed.  Probably high point when backstage was running full steam and stud boss J. Beasley was manning the door.  They would be great downtown. 

True story while getting carded at backstage:

Very drunk Gooch: Holy crap Beas' whats up?
J Beas': Nothin'
Very drunk Gooch: Man you really let yourself go!
J Beas': :dubious:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »

How were you guys getting backstage? Was this when Beasley was selling real estate and trying to play for the Stealth? I ran into him at Flashbacks a lot at that point.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »

MattSiebrandtsLeftHand had that exact conversation with him in Oklahoma City for the NCAA tourney in 2010.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »

How were you guys getting backstage? Was this when Beasley was selling real estate and trying to play for the Stealth? I ran into him at Flashbacks a lot at that point.
Backstage was the name of the bar next door that one of the Stevens owned. Had a brah who was a bar tender there. This is probably the only reason that J Beas' did not sit on me for my fat comment. This same friend bar tender also mumped Jenn Bates FWIW.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2013, 10:28:06 AM »
can confirm that sumo's fried rice is fantastic. the hibachi cooking show is exactly like every other hibachi cooking show. kids and old balls love it. if you want good sushi go to kanai, it's out west (119th and maple)

New sushi place at 13th & Tyler called Ninza Sushi is really good.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »

Last time I went to the Looney Bin, I got super drunk and PI'd the comic so hard he offered to fight me IRL back by the dumpsters. Not a proud moment.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
Last time I went to the Looney Bin, I got super drunk and PI'd the comic so hard he offered to fight me IRL back by the dumpsters. Not a proud moment.

sounds kinda cool to me.  also sounds like something a comic would talk about later in a routine

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »

sounds kinda cool to me.  also sounds like something a comic would talk about later in a routine

Surprised he didn't go with the ol "I don't go to your job and yell at you about your Big Macs," or "I don't go to your job kicking dicks outta your mouth..."

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2013, 10:58:43 AM »

Well....did you take him up on it? 
@mikec2w

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2013, 07:03:58 PM »
Dinner recommendations?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2013, 07:13:59 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2013, 07:14:50 PM »
Jet BBQ was always fun to go to, I grew up on the north side of K-96 and Woodlawn, and it was so fun to watch people scream all the way down the Thunder Plunge (you could hear them from the front yard of my house). Glad someone said Old Mill Tasty Shop already. The goblin thing by the keeper of the plains is pretty interesting, given they spent money on putting a goblin under the grating by the river. Skate East was cool as a kid (Skate South was not a place to go to). Don't know if it's still there but the Riverside Perk was fun 19th hole to go to after playing a round of disc golf at Oak Park. All the airshows with it used to being the Air Capital were fun to watch, as it was to see the B-1's (when they were there) and KC-135's do there flight path in to McConnell (living near that flight path was just great). Going to Mosley Street Melodrama can be cheesy sometimes, but a lot of fun, especially at Christmas time.

My parents frickin love that melodrama place. (Well, I'm pretty sure it's my mom that really likes it.)

Horrible, horrible, no good, terrible place. :flush:

Looney Bin is good though

No, denied.  Old Town Cabaret is bitb.  But both are very different than Looney Bin.  Looney Bin is just a matter of who is performing. 

:thumbs: on the thunder plunge.  I miss that place. 

Jetman is great.  Stop by on a Friday evening and have a beer and play some ping pong.  Carousel Skate Center was/is awesome.  Never went to skate east.  Have been to skate south once unfortunately.  Riverside Perk is long gone - Maggie that owns Scotch and Soda killed it. 

http://blogs.kansas.com/haveyouheard/2013/09/24/jetman-to-sell-his-jet-bar-b-q-after-32-years/

goEMAW, the BBQ Joint?

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
harrison ford  @ pleasures!
Harrison Ford basically anywhere in Wichita. Mainly Abuelos, PF Changs on The Waterfront though. <---- Nicest dining/shopping area in Wichita (second is Bradley Fair)