Author Topic: Things in Wichita that don't suck  (Read 191577 times)

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Things in Wichita that don't suck
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
Wichita State men's basketball and Gregg Marshall

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »
Jet BBQ was always fun to go to, I grew up on the north side of K-96 and Woodlawn, and it was so fun to watch people scream all the way down the Thunder Plunge (you could hear them from the front yard of my house). Glad someone said Old Mill Tasty Shop already. The goblin thing by the keeper of the plains is pretty interesting, given they spent money on putting a goblin under the grating by the river. Skate East was cool as a kid (Skate South was not a place to go to). Don't know if it's still there but the Riverside Perk was fun 19th hole to go to after playing a round of disc golf at Oak Park. All the airshows with it used to being the Air Capital were fun to watch, as it was to see the B-1's (when they were there) and KC-135's do there flight path in to McConnell (living near that flight path was just great). Going to Mosley Street Melodrama can be cheesy sometimes, but a lot of fun, especially at Christmas time.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2013, 09:48:43 PM »
Jet BBQ was always fun to go to, I grew up on the north side of K-96 and Woodlawn, and it was so fun to watch people scream all the way down the Thunder Plunge (you could hear them from the front yard of my house). Glad someone said Old Mill Tasty Shop already. The goblin thing by the keeper of the plains is pretty interesting, given they spent money on putting a goblin under the grating by the river. Skate East was cool as a kid (Skate South was not a place to go to). Don't know if it's still there but the Riverside Perk was fun 19th hole to go to after playing a round of disc golf at Oak Park. All the airshows with it used to being the Air Capital were fun to watch, as it was to see the B-1's (when they were there) and KC-135's do there flight path in to McConnell (living near that flight path was just great). Going to Mosley Street Melodrama can be cheesy sometimes, but a lot of fun, especially at Christmas time.

My parents frickin love that melodrama place. (Well, I'm pretty sure it's my mom that really likes it.)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2013, 02:41:05 AM »

My parents frickin love that melodrama place. (Well, I'm pretty sure it's my mom that really likes it.)

Horrible, horrible, no good, terrible place. :flush:

Looney Bin is good though

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »
I expected this thread to be about 2 - 3 posts. 4 tops.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »

No, denied.  Old Town Cabaret is bitb.  But both are very different than Looney Bin.  Looney Bin is just a matter of who is performing. 

:thumbs: on the thunder plunge.  I miss that place. 

Jetman is great.  Stop by on a Friday evening and have a beer and play some ping pong.  Carousel Skate Center was/is awesome.  Never went to skate east.  Have been to skate south once unfortunately.  Riverside Perk is long gone - Maggie that owns Scotch and Soda killed it. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2013, 04:44:58 PM »
the chef/owner of taste and see was on bar rescue a week or two ago as the food expert  :ksu:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2013, 08:50:19 PM »

No, denied.  Old Town Cabaret is bitb.  But both are very different than Looney Bin.  Looney Bin is just a matter of who is performing. 

:thumbs: on the thunder plunge.  I miss that place. 

Jetman is great.  Stop by on a Friday evening and have a beer and play some ping pong.  Carousel Skate Center was/is awesome.  Never went to skate east.  Have been to skate south once unfortunately.  Riverside Perk is long gone - Maggie that owns Scotch and Soda killed it.

:frown: That the Perk isn't there.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »
There's still a Riverside Perk at that location... is it different ownership or something?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »
I have to eat lunch in Wichita in a couple Weeks, I have as much time as I want, but only about $15 to spend, where should I go?
I'm purple down

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
Filly. She never did.

Offline Daiji

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2013, 09:57:39 PM »
I have to eat lunch in Wichita in a couple Weeks, I have as much time as I want, but only about $15 to spend, where should I go?

I would suggest the Monarch, they have pretty great food.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »

Scotch and Sirloin is the easy choice here. They don't have a lunch entree over $15 but don't have a dinner entree under $20.

Oh yeah, its also a front for high dollar prostitution.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2013, 12:10:42 AM »

Scotch and Sirloin is the easy choice here. They don't have a lunch entree over $15 but don't have a dinner entree under $20.

Oh yeah, its also a front for high dollar prostitution.

Explains the reasonable meal prices. Have to make a good profit somewhere.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2013, 07:56:05 AM »
Filly. She never did.
:thumbs:

Went to Sumo and got lunch takeout since the fried rice is Lady BR's favorite.  I agree with her that the fired rice is very good.  Sushi was pretty mediocre.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations guys!
I'm purple down

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:26 AM »
You should get a loose meat sandwich, raquetcat. I hear they are to die for.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »

What do you like?  Tanya's Soup Kitchen is pretty fantastic if you like soup/sandwich.  Mike's Wine Dive also has good sandwiches. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Things in Wichita that don't suck
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »

What do you like?  Tanya's Soup Kitchen is pretty fantastic if you like soup/sandwich.  Mike's Wine Dive also has good sandwiches.

I like chocolate raspberry hazelnut cheesecake recipes, Johnny Wichita, that's what I like. :dubious:

I prefer hot sandwiches to cold ones, do those places do hot  sandwiches?
I'm purple down

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Things in Wichita that don't suck
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2013, 01:50:22 PM »

I like chocolate raspberry hazelnut cheesecake recipes, Johnny Wichita, that's what I like. :dubious:

Ha.  I don't really have a recipe.  Let me get it on paper and I'll pm it to you.  But you have to promise not to start a competing super elite cheesecake/coffee/wine bar next to mine.  Deal?

Most of Tanya's sammy's are cold.  Mike's are typical hot sandwiches.  Also you could hit The Flying Stove (food truck) for pretty elite sandwiches. 

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
Old Town!

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2013, 02:23:46 PM »
The Artichoke used to lay down some pretty legit sandos.
@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
Still do, The Artichoke is great. I also love Cinnamon's Deli and even more so, City Bites for sandos.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Things in Wichita that don't suck
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »

Ha.  I don't really have a recipe.  Let me get it on paper and I'll pm it to you.  But you have to promise not to start a competing super elite cheesecake/coffee/wine bar next to mine.  Deal?

Most of Tanya's sammy's are cold.  Mike's are typical hot sandwiches.  Also you could hit The Flying Stove (food truck) for pretty elite sandwiches.

Deal!
I'm purple down