Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1389513 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »
New Orleans is rocking today boys

I would like to go.  Have never been.

next summer, katpak

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2012, 06:24:41 PM »
Me, on Thursday

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2012, 06:40:50 PM »

Just high fived 2 emaws on bourbon and gave them a  :eye:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »
Oh hai Rob Cordrry, let's have a drink together at the fancy bar in the Intercontinental in new Orleans.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2012, 09:17:53 PM »
I'm driving back to Kansas on Tuesday. Only planned stops are st Louis and Lawrence. Any recomendo for the stop the first night? We're probably thinking Colombus, OH.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2012, 10:50:59 PM »
Oh hello Lafitte's Blacksmith shop, should I have an Abita with Matt Leblanc?  I guess, just for a bit.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »

next summer, katpak

that sounds delightful michigancat

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 22, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »
I'm driving back to Kansas on Tuesday. Only planned stops are st Louis and Lawrence. Any recomendo for the stop the first night? We're probably thinking Colombus, OH.

dayton

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »
felix, try to eat at a tudor's biscuit world.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
Just booked a NO trip for the end of June.  Can't wait. 

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

I googled this to see if you were serious. I was treated to this extremely odd review:

These biscuits totally rock. They are the size of your (husband's) fist
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »

I googled this to see if you were serious. I was treated to this extremely odd review:

I stopped there last time I drove through west Virginia and really enjoyed it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »

I stopped there last time I drove through west Virginia and really enjoyed it.

All the other reviews were high. I just enjoyed the "greasy (husband's) fist" analogy.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2012, 09:54:52 AM »
Booked our London->Paris Eurostar tickets today.  They are, like, $60 each.  I assume I will pay that in cab fare to get to the station. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »
Booked our London->Paris Eurostar tickets today.  They are, like, $60 each.  I assume I will pay that in cab fare to get to the station.

Where are you staying and leaving from in London? We're staying in Hyde Park area and leaving out of St. Pancras. I think we can hop on the tube from hotel to St Pancras. Eurocat, confirm?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2012, 10:50:02 AM »

Where are you staying and leaving from in London? We're staying in Hyde Park area and leaving out of St. Pancras. I think we can hop on the tube from hotel to St Pancras. Eurocat, confirm?

Yeah, probably.  But I don't want to haul a bunch of luggage onto the tube.  We are staying in the Kennsington/Knightsbridge area just south of Hyde Park.  Planning on just cabbing it to the station in London and from the station in Paris. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 24, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »
Paging SD, paging SD. I will be in New York Saturday (first time there). Top 3 things I must do, go...

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2012, 10:59:29 AM »

Yeah, probably.  But I don't want to haul a bunch of luggage onto the tube.  We are staying in the Kennsington/Knightsbridge area just south of Hyde Park.  Planning on just cabbing it to the station in London and from the station in Paris.

Yeah, after looking at it again I think we'll just cab it. I'm pretty demanding on the amount of luggage we bring (one bag each that can carry-on), but we have to walk about 10 minutes to get to the tube and then another 10 or so from our stop to St Pancras.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
Paging SD, paging SD. I will be in New York Saturday (first time there). Top 3 things I must do, go...

where are you staying and who will you be traveling with? I mean honestly the best thing I could suggest is just go walking around in different neighborhoods. Pull up yelp and go to a place with 4.5+ stars, even if it's just for an appetizer. Repeat w/ a different neighborhood.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »
Leaving today-
RDU-PHL-BCN 5 days
BCN-LYS 5 days
Too bad it is for work, The 30th and the 1st are banking holidays, so I do get that time...anybody in Lyon want to pak?

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 24, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »
Leaving today-
RDU-PHL-BCN 5 days
BCN-LYS 5 days
Too bad it is for work, The 30th and the 1st are banking holidays, so I do get that time...anybody in Lyon want to pak?

If you stay until the 20th I'll meet you in Bourges for some elite wine tasting.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »

where are you staying and who will you be traveling with? I mean honestly the best thing I could suggest is just go walking around in different neighborhoods. Pull up yelp and go to a place with 4.5+ stars, even if it's just for an appetizer. Repeat w/ a different neighborhood.
Ya. I think that's the plan. It's a friend from college. I think they have the details on where we're staying. I'm down for walking around and getting lost in the city. That's the best.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2012, 11:12:51 AM »

Ya. I think that's the plan. It's a friend from college. I think they have the details on where we're staying. I'm down for walking around and getting lost in the city. That's the best.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=20343.0

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2012, 11:14:07 AM »

yes, this is very good NYC advice

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=20343.0
  :peek: