Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1396252 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #16525 on: June 04, 2024, 07:10:09 AM »
I only went to a resort in Jamaica and it was great except I never wanted to hear Bob Marley ever again.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 07:38:55 AM by michigancat »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: June 04, 2024, 07:29:06 AM »
Went to Jamaica for my honeymoon 17 years ago.

Haven’t had red stripe since then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: June 04, 2024, 07:57:55 AM »
Another question for my elite international traveling bros. Am updating info for my flights home and noticed that Lufthansa (spell???) wants more money to select seats. I'm prob going to just pay it to make it easy, but I was curious if this is just a trick and they will seat my family together anyway. Again, I'm prob just paying to make sure, and I bet a very high % of people do and they just LOL at getting another $200 and would have sat my kid next to me anyway.

we never pay and usually get decent seats.  probably will be pretty easy to switch once on the plane if you don't, assuming someone in your party is willing to take a middle seat.  no one wants to sit next to a lone child.

Thanks. I'll prob pay for the long flight home, but risk it for the transfers. There are 4 of us and Mrs SF would be freaking if the kids weren't at least together or near us. I would guess they would try and get us together and/or we will find something together at check in, but i'm not sure she will risk it. As you said, I can't imagine they want to sit random under 12 year olds next to a random person.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: June 04, 2024, 04:19:28 PM »
I only went to a resort in Jamaica and it was great except I never wanted to hear Bob Marley ever again.

:lol: This is so true. They pump that crap on outdoor speakers during all waking hours. We only left the grounds once (to go to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, lol), and the taxi hustle was shady.

Also, on the shuttle from the airport to the resort, the driver turned to me and asked, "Do you smoke?" "Smoke what?" "Bob Marley, mon!"

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: June 04, 2024, 06:08:44 PM »
go to grand cayman. it’s what jamaica would be if jamaica was nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16530 on: June 04, 2024, 06:52:32 PM »

This is so true. They pump that crap on outdoor speakers during all waking hours. We only left the grounds once (to go to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, lol), and the taxi hustle was shady.

Also, on the shuttle from the airport to the resort, the driver turned to me and asked, "Do you smoke?" "Smoke what?" "Bob Marley, mon!"
The thing is I would have loved like a DJamer playing all dancehall or even just a variety of reggae. There's so much good stuff there! But it was like they played half of Bob Marley legend on repeat 24-7