Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1334977 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #13400 on: July 04, 2021, 07:32:06 AM »
Sounds like ramblings of a mad man. T&P.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Yea he is likely curled up crying in a truck stop bathroom wishing it was all over
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: July 08, 2021, 12:00:00 PM »
Man, Northwest Arkansas just keeps getting better and better. We stayed on top of one of the mountains near Bella Vista the past 5 days. Private lake right next to the house, biking trails straight to Bentonville and back, kayaking, etc. Really turning into a culinary town there as well. Wal-Mart has done so much with that area. Beautiful 5 days of awesomeness.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: July 08, 2021, 12:39:05 PM »
Kat Kid: will you take my kids on your next vacation? This sounds amazing (for them, not me). Let me know.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: July 08, 2021, 12:40:03 PM »
My mom is having her 60th at a resort in Cabo and it was suggested by a family member that I should book through a travel agent. When I got the price back today the resort + flight + insurance + transfers cost the same as just the resort if I booked it myself. Am I being scammed here?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: July 08, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »
My mom is having her 60th at a resort in Cabo and it was suggested by a family member that I should book through a travel agent. When I got the price back today the resort + flight + insurance + transfers cost the same as just the resort if I booked it myself. Am I being scammed here?

no, they have some good hookups for stuff like that sometimes.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: July 08, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »
rough ridin' high five then  :excited:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: July 08, 2021, 01:47:33 PM »
rough ridin' high five then  :excited:

congrats. A "good" TA can get some pretty good deals, especially with resorts. Hard to find a good one though from what I've heard.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: July 08, 2021, 10:34:03 PM »
Where is kat kid? What did his children do to him?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: July 08, 2021, 10:37:36 PM »
Where is kat kid? What did his children do to him?
I texted him to get the lowdown on the Jimmy Dore/TYT beef and got ghosted. :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: July 08, 2021, 11:01:14 PM »
 :dubious: Honestly, good for him & this unknown vaccine, going on a trip with them without your blessings.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 11:08:02 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13410 on: July 08, 2021, 11:47:18 PM »
He only has bloomberg for market news :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13411 on: July 09, 2021, 09:01:09 AM »
:dubious: Honestly, good for him & this unknown vaccine, going on a trip with them without your blessings.

kickball is one helluva drug

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: July 09, 2021, 09:18:40 AM »
Update—

Slowed down a bit and just chilled when hanging out with the fam.  Did go to Napa for a half day, skipped SF/Point Reyes. Did the California Train Museum (always stop there, it is pretty solid), walked to the capitol building, downtown Sacramento is pretty decent now with the stadium and new development.

Yesterday, Went to Donner Lake instead of Tahoe because there was a fire at Tahoe or something and it was closer to Truckee where we were staying.  I was waiting for pizza drinking a beer and I thought i was getting drunk because I felt a little unsteady all of a sudden and like the room was spinning. Turns out that was my first earthquake.  Didn’t know what it was until a few minutes later when someone came in for their shift and asked if anyone felt the earthquake and I was the only that had.

Absolutely love Tahoe/Truckee area and the lake was cold but had a real nice view of the mountains and was not overly busy. My wife and I are both definitely mountain lake in the summer people not ocean/beach.  It was also unseasonably hot so that helped a bit with making it comfortable too.

On our way back now we left at 2:30 am and are now halfway across Nevada, we are just going to power through and see how far we get, hoping for Denver or MHK.  My first driving shift is over and now time for a nap.

Overall the trip was great! better than I thought it would be and much better than some of the apocalyptic predictions in this thread.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: July 09, 2021, 09:29:00 AM »
I never lost faith in you KK
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13414 on: July 09, 2021, 09:34:22 AM »

kickball is one helluva drug
Good for you for skipping the pit! :thumbs: You probably have more brain cells for doing it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: July 09, 2021, 09:43:07 AM »
Great success kk, but maybe next time get our permission.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: July 09, 2021, 09:44:15 AM »
Exactly!

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #13417 on: July 09, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
KK survived a 5.9.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: July 09, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »
Nice lying kk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: July 09, 2021, 10:14:38 AM »
I was waiting for pizza drinking a beer and I thought i was getting drunk because I felt a little unsteady all of a sudden and like the room was spinning. Turns out that was my first earthquake. 

i felt it in fresno.  pretty nice one.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13420 on: July 09, 2021, 10:28:18 AM »
you should have hung out with travis kelce and pat mahomes more

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: July 09, 2021, 12:26:56 PM »
I was waiting for pizza drinking a beer and I thought i was getting drunk because I felt a little unsteady all of a sudden and like the room was spinning. Turns out that was my first earthquake. 

i felt it in fresno.  pretty nice one.

I felt it! probably the biggest one I've experienced except maybe the Napa one a few years back: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_South_Napa_earthquake

I was asleep for that one but it woke me up

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: July 09, 2021, 01:20:36 PM »
Update—

Slowed down a bit and just chilled when hanging out with the fam.  Did go to Napa for a half day, skipped SF/Point Reyes. Did the California Train Museum (always stop there, it is pretty solid), walked to the capitol building, downtown Sacramento is pretty decent now with the stadium and new development.

Yesterday, Went to Donner Lake instead of Tahoe because there was a fire at Tahoe or something and it was closer to Truckee where we were staying.  I was waiting for pizza drinking a beer and I thought i was getting drunk because I felt a little unsteady all of a sudden and like the room was spinning. Turns out that was my first earthquake.  Didn’t know what it was until a few minutes later when someone came in for their shift and asked if anyone felt the earthquake and I was the only that had.

Absolutely love Tahoe/Truckee area and the lake was cold but had a real nice view of the mountains and was not overly busy. My wife and I are both definitely mountain lake in the summer people not ocean/beach.  It was also unseasonably hot so that helped a bit with making it comfortable too.

On our way back now we left at 2:30 am and are now halfway across Nevada, we are just going to power through and see how far we get, hoping for Denver or MHK.  My first driving shift is over and now time for a nap.

Overall the trip was great! better than I thought it would be and much better than some of the apocalyptic predictions in this thread.

:thumbsup: saw that earthquakes caused boulders to fall all over highway 395 on the CA/NV border and I hoped you and your crew weren't stuck there.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: July 09, 2021, 01:24:32 PM »
Did you ever spend way too much money on something that wasn't as great as you thought it was going to be but instead of admitting that you may have done something stupid you try to convince yourself that you really do love the thing and that it really was worth all of the money you paid?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13424 on: July 09, 2021, 01:51:19 PM »
Did you ever spend way too much money on something that wasn't as great as you thought it was going to be but instead of admitting that you may have done something stupid you try to convince yourself that you really do love the thing and that it really was worth all of the money you paid?

I feel seen