Author Topic: WARM UP THE DONATIONS, MOTHERFUCKERS!  (Read 82440 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: WARM UP THE DONATIONS, MOTHEReffERS!
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
OMG is this I don't even oh man

Offline Tannoudji

• Fan
  • Rev 14:9
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »
I cannot believe that my old neo-con nemesis Tannoudji donated to the cause.  I have to sincerely apologize for things I have said to you my man, thanks for getting me going!  Ebony & Ivory, peas & carrots, PB&J, all that cac stuff, sorry old habits die hard.  Anyhow way to step up for BB/BS!

First of all, that is my son who made this donation, not me.  You can cram your "apology" up your nose with a rubber hose.  I don't even know who you are, but you sound like the typical goEMAW twenty-something who had never had to do anything meaningful in your entire life.  

My son called me last week and asked if I wanted to also make a "donation" (a.k.a. actively subsidize teen pregnancy and encourage a further sense of entitlement in the spoiled children of today), and I of course promptly turned him down.  You cretins and gutter-rats on this website have polluted his mind and unfortunately, has developed a softer heart and head over the last year or so.  Five years ago he never would have given a dime to this bleeding heart organization of whiners and panhandlers.  The entire concept is an utterly stupid one, devoted to spoiling the children of parents who where obviously too stupid and/or lazy to provide adequate  "entertainment" for their young.  I for one am not going to waste a red cent on those people.  Let them fix their own problems.      

But hey, if you sheeple want to propagate the problem by all means give money to this "organization".  I guess ACORN didn't teach you that those people cannot be trusted with any hint of responsibility.

Tyrannis Seditio, Obsequium Deo

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »
Looks like the kids, goEMAW and America are winning.

It takes a village noudj!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: WARM UP THE DONATIONS, MOTHERFUCKERS!
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »
WTF is going on here?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
WTF is going on here?

1.  Apparently Noudj's kid's name is Honus!
2.  Apparently has not yet adopted his father's "get off my lawn" Clint Eastwood perspective on life

Offline Tannoudji

• Fan
  • Rev 14:9
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
WTF is going on here?

2.  Apparently has not yet adopted his father's "get off my lawn" Clint Eastwood perspective on life
You need to keep my son's name out of your mouth and off of this board.  This is not an idle threat.

Tyrannis Seditio, Obsequium Deo

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
WTF is going on here?

You need to keep my son's name out of your mouth and off of this board.  This is not an idle threat.

I think you need a hug noudj!  Honus is a wonderful youngster.  You should be proud. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2011, 04:24:21 PM »
Thank you for raising a great kid 'Noudji.  Good to know you worked hard to raise him to support the leaders of tomorrow.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:17 PM »
WTF is going on here?

JFC, I thought we'd just be helping kids in the BBBS program.  I had no idea we'd be getting wrapped up in a real-life father/son situation.

Whatever.  Thanks Honus!  And Papa 'noudj, you may not like what BBBS is all about but I'd be happy to take your donation on my page in spite of MIR and your boy!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
Thank you for raising a great kid 'Noudji.  Good to know you worked hard to raise him to support the leaders of tomorrow.

:emawkid:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »
I cannot believe that my old neo-con nemesis Tannoudji donated to the cause.  I have to sincerely apologize for things I have said to you my man, thanks for getting me going!  Ebony & Ivory, peas & carrots, PB&J, all that cac stuff, sorry old habits die hard.  Anyhow way to step up for BB/BS!

First of all, that is my son who made this donation, not me.  You can cram your "apology" up your nose with a rubber hose.  I don't even know who you are, but you sound like the typical goEMAW twenty-something who had never had to do anything meaningful in your entire life.  

My son called me last week and asked if I wanted to also make a "donation" (a.k.a. actively subsidize teen pregnancy and encourage a further sense of entitlement in the spoiled children of today), and I of course promptly turned him down.  You cretins and gutter-rats on this website have polluted his mind and unfortunately, has developed a softer heart and head over the last year or so.  Five years ago he never would have given a dime to this bleeding heart organization of whiners and panhandlers.  The entire concept is an utterly stupid one, devoted to spoiling the children of parents who where obviously too stupid and/or lazy to provide adequate  "entertainment" for their young.  I for one am not going to waste a red cent on those people.  Let them fix their own problems.      

But hey, if you sheeple want to propagate the problem by all means give money to this "organization".  I guess ACORN didn't teach you that those people cannot be trusted with any hint of responsibility.

WOW, just wow.  First of all thanks to Honus, don't know who you are, but thank you very much.  I have no idea how you turned out the way you did, my best guess is that you are adopted.  Your father is a horrible human being not sure how many more "you people" type posts that I'm going to tolerate.

Offline Honus

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 04:47:58 PM »
Look Dad.  LHC Bill Snyder has a mentoring program and I support that. 

, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he traveled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.' Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbour to him who fell among the robbers?"

He said, "He who showed mercy on him."

Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."

– Luke 10:30–37

I saw that Michael had the most humble list of donors, so I stood with him.

But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you.

Luke 14:10

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
I hope this doesn't get buried in the awesomeness that is the Tannoudji episode.

The fine folks at Houlihan's in Manhattan have donated 6 "Dinner for 2" $30 vouchers to be used as incentives to get some more donors.

We'll do four drawings, or whatever the interweb equivalent of a drawing is, for one voucher each with one entry going to each goEMAW'r who donated at least $10.  We'll do a fifth drawing in which we give away the other 2 vouchers with one entry going to each goEMAW'r who donated at least $20.

I’ve currently got in the $20+ field: steve dave, Squawkstin Beak, clownMEAT, CNS Casey, chunkles, j_rake, EMAWgeddon, LSOC, sys, Levi, Pete, steaksdime, chicat, saulbadguy, Tortuga, mikey4dacats, chemhawk, 42, Cassidy, sonofdaxjones, j-dub (with nice guy), CartierFor3, Rick Daris and Honus(?!?).  There's at least a couple guys whose screen names I don't know.

There's currently only one goEMAW'r in the $10+ range, and I don't know his screen name.

PM me if you should be listed and I don't have you down.  Also post here or PM me in the future if you donate and I won't be able to figure out who you are.  If I've only met you at drinking paks, I probably won't remember real names vs. screen names, if I even remember meeting you at all.

So, broke college students who haven't yet become part of the KC Star's testing field for wealth, pony up $10 and you've got a really good chance to triple your money in Houlihan's bucks.  Hell, get a friend and put together $5 each and now your dinner date will be set.

Finally, I'm throwing in my just-arrived Mike Beasley signed basketball that was given to me by Fatima and thebowse.com and featured in the "Raise Your Hand" hoops board thread.  I'll raffle that off amongst any $100+ ambassador's level donors.  If you're the one guy who donated $100 that I don't know, PM me.

The donation period runs through at least June, maybe later, but we're hoping we'd know in May that we've raised enough to wrap things up.  We'll give these things away as soon as Seth Davis goes sharpie on us having won.

T-Y,

Trim

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »

First of all, that is my son who made this donation, not me.  You can cram your "apology" up your nose with a rubber hose.  I don't even know who you are, but you sound like the typical goEMAW twenty-something who had never had to do anything meaningful in your entire life. 

My son called me last week and asked if I wanted to also make a "donation" (a.k.a. actively subsidize teen pregnancy and encourage a further sense of entitlement in the spoiled children of today), and I of course promptly turned him down.  You cretins and gutter-rats on this website have polluted his mind and unfortunately, has developed a softer heart and head over the last year or so.  Five years ago he never would have given a dime to this bleeding heart organization of whiners and panhandlers.  The entire concept is an utterly stupid one, devoted to spoiling the children of parents who where obviously too stupid and/or lazy to provide adequate  "entertainment" for their young.  I for one am not going to waste a red cent on those people.  Let them fix their own problems.       

But hey, if you sheeple want to propagate the problem by all means give money to this "organization".  I guess ACORN didn't teach you that those people cannot be trusted with any hint of responsibility.

WOW, just wow.  First of all thanks to Honus, don't know who you are, but thank you very much.  I have no idea how you turned out the way you did, my best guess is that you are adopted.  Your father is a horrible human being not sure how many more "you people" type posts that I'm going to tolerate.

BBBS is never going to let goEMAW participate in this again when our fundraiser spirals so far out of control that MIR kills 'Noudj.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »
lol  Team Noudj and Team Honus?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2011, 05:24:08 PM »
I'm imagining 'Noudj showing up at the bowling event and a rumble breaking out in which our giant cardboard donation check gets destroyed.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »
How has no one else pointed out, in amazement, that Tannoudji is a real last name? :surprised:

Always thought that it meant "racist, hate, or very white" in some ancient religious dialect. 

Shocked.

Honus, welcome bro.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »
How has no one else pointed out, in amazement, that Tannoudji is a real last name? :surprised:

That's one of many questions I'll want answers too after I'm done with all the fundraiser work.

I think I've got everyone's donations matched up to the poster now.  I'll get an updated list up in within the next few days.  I really want to get a bunch of the smaller donations to come in now that we've got some of these Houlihan's (Stevesie60's #1 all-around MHK restaurant) dinners to give away as prizes.  Surely nobody disagrees that $10 is better spent on children and a chance at free meals than giving it to a variety of EMAW villains (TP, Fitz, OBz, etc.).

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 06:54:16 PM »
Isn't Frank really big in BBBS?  I think his wife is huge in it too, Like head of the Manhattan one iirc.

Should shoot him an email.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
Isn't Frank really big in BBBS?  I think his wife is huge in it too, Like head of the Manhattan one iirc.

We've broached the subject a little.  Nothing solid, yet.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2011, 07:08:35 PM »

If they give to their local, ask for signed swag for drawing prizes. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »

If they give to their local, ask for signed swag for drawing prizes. 

:fatty:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2011, 08:09:18 AM »
Some light reading for Tannoudji:

http://www.ppv.org/ppv/publications/assets/111_publication.pdf

Researchers found that after 18 months of spending time with their Bigs, the Little Brothers and Little Sisters, compared to those children not in our program, were:
46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
27% less likely to begin using alcohol
52% less likely to skip school
37% less likely to skip a class
33% less likely to hit someone
They also found that the Littles were more confident of their performance in schoolwork and getting along better with their families.
“We have known all along that Big Brothers Big Sisters’ mentoring has a long-lasting, positive effect on children’s confidence, grades, and social skills,” affirms Karen J. Mathis, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America’s President and CEO, “and the results of this impact study scientifically confirm that belief.”
“These dramatic findings are very good news, particularly at a time when many people contend that ‘nothing works’ in reaching teenagers,” said Gary Walker, then-President of Public/Private Ventures. “This program suggests a strategy the country can build on to make a difference, especially for youth in single-parent families.”

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »
every once in a while, a thread takes a strange turn and i can't keep up.

this is that thread.