Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 893495 times)

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #950 on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
Location does matter

Every single college basketball recruiting class ranking ever released disagrees with you.

Toss out the "traditional" powers (...we are not one of those).  Then, look at the locations.

What I'm looking at is what the Florida schools are not getting, I'm not talking about us.  BTW the only "traditional" powers IMO are KU, UK, UNC, Duke, and UCLA.  Every other good current program is the beneficiary of recent success, hiring the right guy.  There is literally no reason why any BCS school who wants to commit themselves to it can't become Syracuse.
I'd throw Indiana in that "traditional powers" group
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:28 PM »
Pretty solid bbs'ing going on here all of a sudden.  Let's try to remember we're all on the same team though guys.  MIR has made Chum look pretty bad so far but the :powerespect: haymaker Chum landed clearly buckled MIR's knees.  Keep it going guys, this crap is way more interesting that the actual game being player.  :users:

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 04, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »
eff location, recruiting is all about boosters willing to pony up CASH!

and ho's, that helps too

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 04, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
You know how many Willie Cauleys' there are in South Florida EVERY effING YEAR?  We get one every 5-10 years in this entire state.  ...and people are effing bitching because we can't get him to "stay home."

Give Frank a crack at 5 of those every single year and see how he does.

Population of the state of Florida 18.8 million
Population of Kansas, Missouri, & Oklahoma 12.4 million

Number of top 150 recruits in '11 & '12 class from Florida 10
Number of top 150 recruits in '11 & '12 class from Kansas, Missouri, & Oklahoma 9

I won't even mention the 15 2011 top 150 recruits from the state of Texas and I won't mention that 1 of that 15 is attending a school in Florida.  I also won't mention that of the Texas top 150 kids actually leaving the state that they are leaving for Manhattan, KS, Morgantown, WV, Blacksburg, VA, Stillwater, OK, Fayetville, AR, and New York, NY.

Probably also a poor time to mention that none of the top 150 recruits in the state of Florida are actually staying there.

So, your case is that South Florida is no better of a recruiting area that Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma.  That's what you are going with?  Look, you know more about this than me, but I don't see loads of black people running around the latter...more the former.  My opinion is that black people are better to recruit to play basketball for you, and pretty effing firm in my conviction on that point.  Pretty effing firm.

How many times that it needs to be said that people in Florida don't care about basketball.  There are fantastic athletes in Florida that don't touch a basketball until they play in college with their homies on the football team.  Yeah there's more athletes in Florida, Florida has more people than KS, OK, MO, NE, and IA combined.  But it has been proven with cold hard facts time after time that they don't produce near the talent that their population dictates that they should.  That link of Floridians in the tournament is pathetic and proved my point.  There are 6 guys over 4 classes (less than 2 a year) that were highly recruited that attended high school in the state of Florida.  That's awful.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 04, 2011, 09:11:30 PM »
You know how many Willie Cauleys' there are in South Florida EVERY effING YEAR?  We get one every 5-10 years in this entire state.  ...and people are effing bitching because we can't get him to "stay home."

Number of top 150 recruits in '11 & '12 class from Kansas, Missouri, & Oklahoma 9

I won't even mention the 15 2011 top 150 recruits from the state of Texas and I won't mention that 1 of that 15 is attending a school in Florida.  I also won't mention that of the Texas top 150 kids actually leaving the state that they are leaving for Manhattan, KS, Morgantown, WV, Blacksburg, VA, Stillwater, OK, Fayetville, AR, and New York, NY.

Probably also a poor time to mention that none of the top 150 recruits in the state of Florida are actually staying there.

So, your case is that South Florida is no better of a recruiting area that Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma.  That's what you are going with?  Look, you know more about this than me, but I don't see loads of black people running around the latter...more the former.  My opinion is that black people are better to recruit to play basketball for you, and pretty effing firm in my conviction on that point.  Pretty effing firm.

How many times that it needs to be said that people in Florida don't care about basketball.  There are fantastic athletes in Florida that don't touch a basketball until they play in college with their homies on the football team.  Yeah there's more athletes in Florida, Florida has more people than KS, OK, MO, NE, and IA combined.  But it has been proven with cold hard facts time after time that they don't produce near the talent that their population dictates that they should.  That link of Floridians in the tournament is pathetic and proved my point.  There are 6 guys over 4 classes (less than 2 a year) that were highly recruited that attended high school in the state of Florida.  That's awful.

Are there more today than there were 5 years ago?  10 years ago?  I'm led to believe that, like Texas over the last 20 years, that the quality of available players is rising....more and more kids choosing basketball.  No?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 04, 2011, 09:12:27 PM »

Jason Bennett was a  :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: from Florida. 'nuff said.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 04, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »
Location does matter

Every single college basketball recruiting class ranking ever released disagrees with you.

Toss out the "traditional" powers (...we are not one of those).  Then, look at the locations.

What I'm looking at is what the Florida schools are not getting, I'm not talking about us.  BTW the only "traditional" powers IMO are KU, UK, UNC, Duke, and UCLA.  Every other good current program is the beneficiary of recent success, hiring the right guy.  There is literally no reason why any BCS school who wants to commit themselves to it can't become Syracuse.
I'd throw Indiana in that "traditional powers" group

It's my list and I didn't.  They haven't won a national championship in 24 years, recruits are 15-19 years old, in that time frame IU has won one conference title.  They still have good things to offer but Tom Crean can't walk into a living room the way those other guys can.  There are many more schools more relevant to today's recruits.  

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »

Jason Bennett was a  :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: from Florida. 'nuff said.

I talked a TON of crap when we landed him.  a TON.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 04, 2011, 09:20:41 PM »

Are there more today than there were 5 years ago?  10 years ago?  I'm led to believe that, like Texas over the last 20 years, that the quality of available players is rising....more and more kids choosing basketball.  No?

There's more specialization, and exposure.  College basketball recruiting was still largely regional even 10 years ago.  This helps my argument, larger population bases didn't have to spend a lot of time and money keeping kids near home.  There were schools recruiting nationally but not everyone, now everyone is and more and more kids are being seen.  Khyle Marshall committed to Butler 6 months before they played in the final four last year.  Butler beat Miami for him.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 04, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
no one wants to move to kansas.  the end.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: April 04, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »
don't have time to address this in the manner it deserves, cause i don't want to miss the start of the 2nd.  but briefly:

don't think location as in nice place is very important.  do think that location as in close to home is important.
don't think martin/miami is very typical of local/out of area recruiting.  he's getting everyone he wants from his friends now, not sure he's gotten anyone that matters from not his friends.  not sure moving to miami changes that much.
martin has friends in miami, also enemies.  don't think moving back will change that.  if anything, proximity makes the hate stronger.
don't think guys now going to duke, kentucky or florida will suddenly choose miami.

finally, no one underrates kansas & kc area talent like kstate fans do.  this area produces good players.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 04, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »
Location is a moot point. Its all about networking as far as recruiting goes in college bball.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 04, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »
JACKHARRYKSHB JACK HARRY
Missouri curators okayed Frank Haith. 5 year deal for 1.5 million a year. News conference tomorrow at 10 am.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 04, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
So who won this and what's the verdict?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 04, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »
KState fans love to downplay Kansas/KC guys because we seldom land the good ones.  The Rush bros, the kid that played for Stanford, (Willms?) Tyrone Brown, Jamall Walker, Evans, etc, etc.  (I was specifically trying to think of talent that wasn't super fresh in people's mind.  crap- Korleone is another.)  And this is coming from a dude who really didn't follow recruiting on the MO side until like 3 yrs ago, because KSU was never even mentioned in their recruiting.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 04, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »
JACKHARRYKSHB JACK HARRY
Missouri curators okayed Frank Haith. 5 year deal for 1.5 million a year. News conference tomorrow at 10 am.

JFC, $1.5M per?? This stiff was making $600K at Miami and was going to get run.  WTF is MU thinking?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 04, 2011, 09:44:53 PM »
So who won this and what's the verdict?

Butt Hurt University comes out on top

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 04, 2011, 09:45:46 PM »
goodmanonfox Jeff Goodman
Yet another N.C State candidate off board. RT @tsnmike: Cincinnati's Mick Cronin remains w/ Bearcats, receives extension aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketbal…

NC State's AD woman must be a real bitch

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 04, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »
KState fans love to downplay Kansas/KC guys because we seldom land the good ones.  The Rush bros, the kid that played for Stanford, (Willms?) Tyrone Brown, Jamall Walker, Evans, etc, etc.  (I was specifically trying to think of talent that wasn't super fresh in people's mind.  cac- Korleone is another.)  And this is coming from a dude who really didn't follow recruiting on the MO side until like 3 yrs ago, because KSU was never even mentioned in their recruiting.
Earl Watson is another.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »
JACKHARRYKSHB JACK HARRY

JFC, $1.5M per?? This stiff was making $600K at Miami and was going to get run.  WTF is MU thinking?

Fuktard, don't think this is accurate.  810 said repeatedly today that he was making around $1.5M at the u.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »
Ok, let's get constructive now.  goEMAWers need to go to UM message boards and monitor the situation closely, and report your findings here.  If they have a pay site that is worth a crap, let's get a subscription going for this month.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 04, 2011, 09:50:14 PM »
kennedy and blair hated manhattan.  the only thing that makes them unique is that they actually visited rather than blowing us off from the beginning.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 04, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
Made them unique from Beas, Walker, and Pullz?

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 04, 2011, 09:55:45 PM »
more stevedave, less dorks please.

Offline wildcat1979

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 04, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »
Ok, let's get constructive now.  goEMAWers need to go to UM message boards and monitor the situation closely, and report your findings here.  If they have a pay site that is worth a cac, let's get a subscription going for this month.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2929&t=7394769&p=1