Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3994279 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #5500 on: April 17, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »
This is what the parking lot needs.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: April 17, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »

Trees would be great to piss on while tailgating.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: April 17, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »

Tailgating + that pic= FIRE!!!!!!!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: April 17, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »
Goodbye Niles or  Frazier, which ever one you were.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: April 17, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »
So much info the last few days, I had to go back and re-read some of the posts.

Here's a summary, in case anyone is interested:

CC: Scope now includes East side lights, parking lot lights/poles, and other stuff like furniture, fixtures and equipment that was originally budgeted as a separate cost. K-State is lumping all of that in the "WSC Project Budget". Since part of the cost is bonded through the state, the BoR needs to know. Once those extra things are added, the WSC project will be considered to be an approx. $85M facility project.

Comment on the limestone wall not happening?
CC: Haven't been told that it is or is not happening.

Comment on the trees not happening, please
CC: Not enough room between existing parking and new facility. Need space for vehicle and pedestrian traffic. There will be trees and landscaping toward the north end.

Status Report on:  New North End VideoBoard, Recruiting Center, New Strength Center?
CC: Heard video board is being looked at for 2014, haven't heard about the others

CC: In other news, sounds like significant south concourse remodeling may happen this summer. New east side light standards installed this summer, and new light poles throughout the parking lots (there currently aren't any lights other than ones around the perimeter).  Major focus now is N Videoboard and the hotel/condo concept in the SW corner.

Are we going to see LHCBS statue?
CC: yes

Ok, tell me more about this tailgating terrace.  For Ahearn donors only?  Will they serve beer/food up there before games?  How long is it open?
CC: On gameday it is for Ahearn Fund members only. Full bar and catered food. Gates open 2 hours before kickoff, not sure how late it stays open.

Can we get ivy on the WSC exterior walls?  Seems like ivy would green it up but not hinder traffic.  Also seems elite.
CC: If there's one thing sports teams with ivy covered facilities are known for, it's winning.
Goddamnit I just got owned by CC.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: April 17, 2013, 05:54:21 PM »
In other news, sounds like significant south concourse remodeling may happen this summer. New east side light standards installed this summer, and new light poles throughout the parking lots (there currently aren't any lights other than ones around the perimeter).

Major focus now is N Videoboard and the hotel/condo concept in the SW corner.

Any info about what this may entail?  The south concourse is pretty limited in terms of space.  There is maybe 10 yards between the south fenceline and Bramlage, so it's not like there's much room to expand the concourse.  Is it possible that they'll replace some of the concession tents with restroom structures?  Are they planning on cutting that sidewalk off outside the fence and extending the concourse all the way to the Bramlage wall?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: April 17, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »
So much info the last few days, I had to go back and re-read some of the posts.

Here's a summary, in case anyone is interested:

CC: Scope now includes East side lights, parking lot lights/poles, and other stuff like furniture, fixtures and equipment that was originally budgeted as a separate cost. K-State is lumping all of that in the "WSC Project Budget". Since part of the cost is bonded through the state, the BoR needs to know. Once those extra things are added, the WSC project will be considered to be an approx. $85M facility project.

Comment on the limestone wall not happening?
CC: Haven't been told that it is or is not happening.

Comment on the trees not happening, please
CC: Not enough room between existing parking and new facility. Need space for vehicle and pedestrian traffic. There will be trees and landscaping toward the north end.

Status Report on:  New North End VideoBoard, Recruiting Center, New Strength Center?
CC: Heard video board is being looked at for 2014, haven't heard about the others

CC: In other news, sounds like significant south concourse remodeling may happen this summer. New east side light standards installed this summer, and new light poles throughout the parking lots (there currently aren't any lights other than ones around the perimeter).  Major focus now is N Videoboard and the hotel/condo concept in the SW corner.

Are we going to see LHCBS statue?
CC: yes

Ok, tell me more about this tailgating terrace.  For Ahearn donors only?  Will they serve beer/food up there before games?  How long is it open?
CC: On gameday it is for Ahearn Fund members only. Full bar and catered food. Gates open 2 hours before kickoff, not sure how late it stays open.

Can we get ivy on the WSC exterior walls?  Seems like ivy would green it up but not hinder traffic.  Also seems elite.
CC: If there's one thing sports teams with ivy covered facilities are known for, it's winning.
Goddamnit I just got owned by CC.

T-Y!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: April 17, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »
William Allen White once called K-State's campus the most beautiful in the state, with its limestone buildings and what not.

Pretty freaky huh?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: April 17, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
Will you eff faces quit with the KU crap in here.

Also no one is worried that we might be kstate0ing this with the cost savings of going back to one crane?  Why not have two going and get this bitch done.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »

Also no one is worried that we might be kstate0ing this with the cost savings of going back to one crane?  Why not have two going and get this bitch done.

I thought CC said the other crane is going away next week, by the sounds and looks of it they don't need them anymore.  :dunno:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: April 17, 2013, 10:44:41 PM »

I thought CC said the other crane is going away next week, by the sounds and looks of it they don't need them anymore.  :dunno:

He did

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: April 18, 2013, 12:43:51 AM »
Quote from: steve dave
everyone shut up

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: April 18, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
i'll move the memorial stadium posts into the memorial stadium thread as soon as i figure out how to.  don't add anymore to this thread. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: April 18, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »
i'll move the memorial stadium posts into the memorial stadium thread as soon as i figure out how to.  don't add anymore to this thread.

done

Offline DeVere Kalmar

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: April 18, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »
In taking down the spar of the second tower, the crew has encountered a problem. They have to bring in some additional equipment to fix whatever went wrong.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: April 18, 2013, 11:39:43 AM »
how many different types of subcontractors are on this job?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: April 18, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »
In taking down the spar of the second tower, the crew has encountered a problem. They have to bring in some additional equipment to fix whatever went wrong.

woof

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: April 18, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »
just thought of a really great joke. we get a video of them disassembling niles and then frazier but when they do frazier we're all like "and down goes frazier" like that clip where howard cosell says it. omg how funny you guys. just too, too funny. hope everyone has a great thursday! rack me i'm out. badumbumbum bum bum badum bum.

:dance:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: April 18, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
just thought of a really great joke. we get a video of them disassembling niles and then frazier but when they do frazier we're all like "and down goes frazier" like that clip where howard cosell says it. omg how funny you guys. just too, too funny. hope everyone has a great thursday! rack me i'm out. badumbumbum bum bum badum bum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: April 18, 2013, 05:18:25 PM »
Signed up for a tour today though the CE department.    :dance:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5520 on: April 18, 2013, 09:35:36 PM »
Luckily, Frazier will be gone

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: April 18, 2013, 11:08:26 PM »

holy crap! 

:lol:

where do you come up with this stuff?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: April 22, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »
Can't wait to see this beut' in person on Saturday.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: April 22, 2013, 05:15:51 PM »
I forget that a lot of you haven't even seen it yet. Us Townie/students get to see the slow ugly day-day progress. Seeing it all at once must be exciting.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: April 22, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »
I forget that a lot of you haven't even seen it yet. Us Townie/students get to see the slow ugly day-day progress. Seeing it all at once must be exciting.
This