Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4047856 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #5450 on: April 16, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
Denial is not just a river in Egypt, CC. (back me up here, FR).

I mean yeah we'll all get over not having trees, but for heaven's sakes CC don't pretend like they wouldn't be both A) awesome and B) feasible.
I'm sorry the lack of trees lowers your enjoyment level of the WSC. I don't know what else to tell you about them -- information was available that indicated they wouldn't be a good idea given the space available and the way that space is utilized on gameday. I realize the end result of that decision is disappointing to you. But you will have to trust me that the decision was made in an effort to create the best gameday environment, not a "cutting corners" move or some sort of shortcoming or mistake.

Can we move on?

Ok, tell me more about this tailgating terrace.  For Ahearn donors only?  Will they serve beer/food up there before games?  How long is it open?

On gameday it is for Ahearn Fund members only. Full bar and catered food. Gates open 2 hours before kickoff, not sure how late it stays open.
Does the seat donation count?

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5451 on: April 16, 2013, 10:24:18 AM »

I mean yeah we'll all get over not having trees, but for heaven's sakes CC don't pretend like they wouldn't be both A) awesome and B) feasible.

I'm sorry the lack of trees lowers your enjoyment level of the WSC. I don't know what else to tell you about them -- information was available that indicated they wouldn't be a good idea given the space available and the way that space is utilized on gameday. I realize the end result of that decision is disappointing to you. But you will have to trust me that the decision was made in an effort to create the best gameday environment, not a "cutting corners" move or some sort of shortcoming or mistake.

Can we move on?

Ok, tell me more about this tailgating terrace.  For Ahearn donors only?  Will they serve beer/food up there before games?  How long is it open?

On gameday it is for Ahearn Fund members only. Full bar and catered food. Gates open 2 hours before kickoff, not sure how late it stays open.

So, is this my party deck?

I want a party deck.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: April 16, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »

Can we move on?

Yeah I'm over it and I personally don't think it's a huge deal. But it doesn't mean it wouldn't have been pretty great. Can you at least say that so we can be on the same team?  :cheers:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: April 16, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
bears are fast...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: April 16, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
In other news, sounds like significant south concourse remodeling may happen this summer. New east side light standards installed this summer, and new light poles throughout the parking lots (there currently aren't any lights other than ones around the perimeter).

Major focus now is N Videoboard and the hotel/condo concept in the SW corner.

What about new Strength Center and Recruiting Center.    Sorry, but that needs to be done before the South Concourse . . . but I bet a certain someone doesn't want to be bothered with anything that might touch Vanier.

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: April 16, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »
In other news, sounds like significant south concourse remodeling may happen this summer. New east side light standards installed this summer, and new light poles throughout the parking lots (there currently aren't any lights other than ones around the perimeter).

What about new Strength Center and Recruiting Center.    Sorry, but that needs to be done before the South Concourse . . . but I bet a certain someone doesn't want to be bothered with anything that might touch Vanier.

True. Also I bet that the Hotel/Condo concept is a possible big revenue generator so its easier to get that thing going first as they know they can pay for it quickly. It will be interesting to see what that is going to look like. I assume we hear about it pretty quickly after the WSC is completed.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »

True. Also I bet that the Hotel/Condo concept is a possible big revenue generator so its easier to get that thing going first as they know they can pay for it quickly. It will be interesting to see what that is going to look like. I assume we hear about it pretty quickly after the WSC is completed.

would this Hotel/Condo/Bar/Tailgating thing be ran and operated by K-State Athletics or is it going to be ran and operated by a 3rd party, rented out by K-State Athletics?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: April 16, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »

any timeline on this?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: April 16, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »

any timeline on this?

IMO the N video board should span at least 60% of the endzone.  Help close off the stadium a bit.  Current one is absolutely awful. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: April 16, 2013, 11:35:41 AM »
Thx. CC.  Are we going to see LHCBS statue?

yes

Now do the limestone wall, CC!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5460 on: April 16, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: April 16, 2013, 11:39:47 AM »

any timeline on this?

Status Report on:  New North End VideoBoard, Recruiting Center, New Strength Center?

Heard video board is being looked at for 2014, haven't heard about the others

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: April 16, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
Guys,  trailer trees are obvs the answer here.

Haul the off for game day, leave them there the rest of the yr.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: April 16, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »
Gonna call it right now:  Recruiting Center and new strength center will not happen until Snyder retires.

Don't blame Currie one bit for moving on to other things, we'll probably have Bramlage completely renovated before we get that recruiting center and strength center on Vanier.   Hell, if I were Currie, I'd just look at incorporating the recruiting center into another part of the stadium, or in Bramlage, somewhere that Snyder doesn't control.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: April 16, 2013, 12:30:20 PM »
CC, can i throw my name in the hat for designing OB's sculpture? I don't have a ton of bronze experience, but a far amountof clay and play doh during my early at years. Thanks.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: April 16, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »

This is an amazing concept.  Does this exist today?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: April 16, 2013, 01:05:21 PM »
Gonna call it right now:  Recruiting Center and new strength center will not happen until Snyder retires.

Don't blame Currie one bit for moving on to other things, we'll probably have Bramlage completely renovated before we get that recruiting center and strength center on Vanier.   Hell, if I were Currie, I'd just look at incorporating the recruiting center into another part of the stadium, or in Bramlage, somewhere that Snyder doesn't control.
Hopefully Currie just stashes that cash away and uses it his pitch when recruiting OB's replacement - "I know the football offices and s&c building is not cutting edge but OB didn't want to mess with it.  He is the bazillions I am willing to spend and you get to pick out all the cool stuff"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: April 16, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »

sean wont want it either

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: April 16, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »

No clue.  Could easily be done though.  You should do it and pay me a huge fee per sale.

Could conceal wheels or make them removable so that you only need a couple pairs for your trailer tree biz.  All trailers should be made to look like decorative planters when wheels are off.

Problem is that most places aren't designed by ppl that think trees are problems.  Even more, most places are required by the municipality they are building in to include a min amt of trees(permanent, not trailer type).  So the market may not be very strong. 

Anyway, you'll figure it out after you pay me a huge fee and we come to an agreement on monthly compensation for the idea.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: April 16, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »

No clue.  Could easily be done though.  You should do it and pay me a huge fee per sale.

Could conceal wheels or make them removable so that you only need a couple pairs for your trailer tree biz.  All trailers should be made to look like decorative planters when wheels are off.

Problem is that most places aren't designed by ppl that think trees are problems.  Even more, most places are required by the municipality they are building in to include a min amt of trees(permanent, not trailer type).  So the market may not be very strong. 

Anyway, you'll figure it out after you pay me a huge fee and we come to an agreement on monthly compensation for the idea.
There's only one answer to this delemma.  We need fake trees, like those fancy plam trees you see at State Fairs.   :excited:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: April 16, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »
I guess I just don't see the point of bringing in trees to make the stadium look nice when nobody is around to see them and then carting them off when people come to the game. We should just eliminate 20-30 parking stalls if we need to and plant the trees in front of the stadium so it looks nice all the time.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: April 16, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »

I kind of hate this concept. Are there any examples of other universities doing something similar to this? I just have no idea what to think of it.

yes
A statue of Bill or of Bill and family?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »

I kind of hate this concept. Are there any examples of other universities doing something similar to this? I just have no idea what to think of it.

yes
A statue of Bill or of Bill and family?

invesco has something similar

top right corner

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: April 16, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »
I usually walk through that south concourse at halftime to go see my parents, so I'm pretty jacked about that being upgraded.  it sucks ass now.
emaw

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: April 16, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
I guess I just don't see the point of bringing in trees to make the stadium look nice when nobody is around to see them and then carting them off when people come to the game. We should just eliminate 20-30 parking stalls if we need to and plant the trees in front of the stadium so it looks nice all the time.

Man, someone doesn't care about the players that just want to sit in the shade after a hard practice.  Sad.