Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4046923 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #5525 on: April 22, 2013, 06:02:11 PM »
I forget that a lot of you haven't even seen it yet. Us Townie/students get to see the slow ugly day-day progress. Seeing it all at once must be exciting.
This

oh yeah, must be rough ridin' miserable for you guys

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: April 22, 2013, 10:01:42 PM »
I forget that a lot of you haven't even seen it yet. Us Townie/students get to see the slow ugly day-day progress. Seeing it all at once must be exciting.
This

oh yeah, must be rough ridin' miserable for you guys

Border line depressing

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: April 22, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »
Really wish we'd gone with Populous.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: April 22, 2013, 10:41:53 PM »
Did any of you vigilante hero localkats sneak over and plant some trees outside of the press box for Earth Day today?  :sadpeek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: April 24, 2013, 10:13:18 PM »
Just looking at these trees at Clemson's Death Valley and am literally getting frightened at the nightmarish prospect of people trying to walk by them on a game day.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: April 24, 2013, 10:14:06 PM »
someone could get a spiderweb in their face

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: April 24, 2013, 10:16:01 PM »
I really can't wrap my head around all the tree butt hurt, and I pretty much melted down about the end zone if death turf being slightly off color.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: April 24, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »
I really can't wrap my head around all the tree butt hurt, and I pretty much melted down about the end zone if death turf being slightly off color.

The EZOD could have been neon green and that would not have been as big of a deal as treegate.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #5533 on: April 25, 2013, 12:38:19 AM »
Yeah. How hard is it to realize that trees make pretty things prettier? It's just so weird. I mean, factor it in, dummies.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: April 25, 2013, 05:52:13 AM »
I like trees. Manhattan has tons. Not the end of the world if the stadium doesn't have any.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5535 on: April 25, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »

I mostly just find the stupidity of the "trees would be a nightmare" explanation humorous.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: April 25, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »
Apparently there is some special sunrise tour of the WSC and there will be a new video soon.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #5537 on: April 25, 2013, 07:31:19 AM »

I mostly just find the stupidity of the "trees would be a nightmare" explanation humorous.

ya, it's kind of funny (if it weren't so Wal-Mart'y).

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: April 25, 2013, 08:31:10 AM »
i find it humorous that some people think this is a stupid talking point.  sorry for wanting an 80 million dollar building at our university to look it's very best.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: April 25, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »
Just looking at these trees at Clemson's Death Valley and am literally getting frightened at the nightmarish prospect of people trying to walk by them on a game day.

no doubt. they should've just laid down some asphalt and called it a day.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: April 25, 2013, 08:38:09 AM »
at least they used stamped concrete instead of laying bricks  :dunno:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: April 25, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett 7m
The most progress can be seen from this view. Stadium renovation ahead of schedule  http://twitpic.com/cltp08

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: April 25, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett 7m
The most progress can be seen from this view. Stadium renovation ahead of schedule  http://twitpic.com/cltp08

that's a view anyone can get. where are the scoops, mr. robinett?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: April 25, 2013, 08:48:30 AM »
T's and P's to Clemson fans.  :sadpeek:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: April 25, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »

Since you clearly have access to all of the same info as the architects and site planners, and have similar background, training and expertise as well, I place extra value on your evaluation of the decision. Thanks for your input!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: April 25, 2013, 09:31:26 AM »
I can validate that Wabash knows his trees...and his architects.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #5546 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »

Since you clearly have access to all of the same info as the architects and site planners, and have similar background, training and expertise as well, I place extra value on your evaluation of the decision. Thanks for your input!

Captain, maybe wrong approach on this one.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:33 AM »

BOOOM!!!!

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: April 25, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »

Captain, maybe wrong approach on this one.

Sorry, just tired of hearing about it. Not sure why some people can't just let it go and assume smart people made an informed decision.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: April 25, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
CC, love ya man, but I disagree with the decision, which I suspect was also influenced by avoiding possibly having to relocate some parking spots in a high value parking spot (donor) location.

While the WSC will be a fantastic new facility, the dearth of landscaping still detracts from the collegial feel of the athletic complex, and there's plenty of ways to improve the landscaping without impacting parking, egress/ingress and tailgating experience in a significant way.