Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4060364 times)

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #4650 on: December 14, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »
The nw grass corner should be made into a tiered plaza fan amenity area.  You could have restrooms concessions, activities, seating for families/individuals who have want to sit down and have a bite to eat, converse with other emaws with the game still visible or tend to disgruntled children.  Connect the end zone fun-zone via walkway and move the trailer of porta shittes out.  sorry catcans

sorry it's going to be a "varsity club," seating area, recruiting lounge, and strength and conditioning center. your desired fan amenities will be located on the NE corner with a kid zone. and we are getting the other things before we get the kid zone.

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: December 14, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
So is the press box alone $75 million?  What is the cost to get all the way to phase V completed? Anybody have a breakdown per phase?

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: December 14, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
I feel like permanent bleachers roughly the same height as the terrible high school bleachers but all the way around the south endzone would be relatively easy/cheap to install and probably bring in a lot of money

you could design it so you could easily add another tier above it later, make it expandable

would really close it in and make it look even more big time than the pressbox is going to

guessing that would put us in the 55k range but if you sold cheap season tickets there we would fill it up (see: upper deck corners)
Those renderings still have the god awful high school bleachers up in the corners. I hope its a mistake.

They are never leaving unless they ever decide to do a mini 2nd tier of seating that goes from the SW corner to the SW Corner

Phase V:
--- Potential Seating Additions
--- Concourse Additions and Connections

Given the height of the club seating on both the east and the west side (which are roughly the same height, if not already purposely the same height) I could see then just extending that level (maybe as club seeting, or place bleachers as seen on top of the East side) all the way around the south end zone, though probably not on the north endzone side. They might also add loge boxes as seen in the West Stadium center above that. Basically, extend Club and Loge level from West to East via the south endzone. Reason why I think this will happen is it fulfills a) helping to "create a 360-degree concourse that allows fans to access the entire stadium complex and free up congestion. This improvement would facilitate potential expansion of the Legends Room at Bramlage and south end zone Loge Boxes." as per the master plan site. b) gets rid of those awful high school bleachers and c) there's room for it. FWIW i think the final seating will be between 55,000 to 57,500, given how much adding seats in the south endzone as mentioned and redoing the north endzone would roughly add.

The club seating on the west side is significantly higher than the east side. won't work.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: December 14, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »
The nw grass corner should be made into a tiered plaza fan amenity area.  You could have restrooms concessions, activities, seating for families/individuals who have want to sit down and have a bite to eat, converse with other emaws with the game still visible or tend to disgruntled children.  Connect the end zone fun-zone via walkway and move the trailer of porta shittes out.  sorry catcans

sorry it's going to be a "varsity club," seating area, recruiting lounge, and strength and conditioning center. your desired fan amenities will be located on the NE corner with a kid zone. and we are getting the other things before we get the kid zone.

makes sense to build something like that in the NW corner to link Vanier to the WSC
emaw

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: December 14, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
I'm sorry I know I'm weird.

You are right its the training that goes north.  But the cantilevered seating overhang stops around the start of the north endzone.  In one instance I feel like the structure is north heavy, but in another aspect its off because of the seating being a little south heavy. 
I have issues  :frown: and I should just be happy we're getting a kickass pressbox.

Not that weird. I've always been annoyed about all of the following incongruities/asymmetries:

A) The east side expansion in 2000 made it extend one full section north of its opposite on the donor side (contributing to terrible seats that are Kyle Field-esque in their ability to extend well beyond the back of the end zone and be unimaginably shitty [and usually at most half-full])

B) When they made the End Zone Fun Zone into permanent bleachers, it is not even close to anything symmetrical or even pleasant to look at

C) mismatched turf

But I love my Cats and we won 11 games this year so all of that stuff is no biggie.   :cool: :cool: :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Norm93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: December 14, 2012, 05:18:20 PM »
i'm still pissed if there isn't any landscaping on the outside, like initial renderings.
If it's like the BTF, the initial landscaping about 200 feet from the construction site will consist of broken pallets, leftover stone / bricks, and a couple of boom lifts.  It will be in place the entire football season and affect parking, pissing off donors who are promised the best fan experience in the Big 12.

:shakesfist: :dubious:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: December 15, 2012, 12:31:44 AM »
8.5 hours COUNTDOWN  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :ksu:

Offline Norm93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: December 15, 2012, 08:00:22 AM »
Less than 60 minutes   :dance: :moreira: :moreira: :emawkid:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #4658 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:12 AM »
I wish they had left all the stuff on it and blown it up. Kind if anti climactic at this point. I wanted to see plastic rounded windows fly all over the place.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: December 15, 2012, 08:04:56 AM »
I really did want the K off the front.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: December 15, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
Standing for a for a few more minutes. She was good to K-State.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: December 15, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »
Link to watch it?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #4662 on: December 15, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »
Holy Christ that was way more awesome than I expected

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: December 15, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
That was AWESOME!

No going back now!

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: December 15, 2012, 09:03:44 AM »
That was cool!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: December 15, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: December 15, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
Standing for a for a few more minutes. She was good to K-State.

That was awesome.

Best Dev wins...Nebraska 98, KU 94? when they were ranked 6th, Texas 12, USC, Nebraska 00 snow game to clinch the north. Not necessarily in that order.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: December 15, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »
ADIOS DEV NELSON PRESS BOX!

Thanks for all the years of standing there.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: December 15, 2012, 10:16:17 AM »

hopefully the AD puts out the official video for those of us who were too lazy to wake up
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: December 15, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »

emaw

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: December 15, 2012, 10:29:09 AM »
Ok, I'm starting to get nervous that nobody is gonna offer to get the K for me.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: December 15, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
Who is Dev Nelson anyway?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: December 15, 2012, 10:42:08 AM »
Who is Dev Nelson anyway?

used to be the voice of the cats and then owned and was the single employee of a baseball card shop (devs dougout) down around 4th and osage that townie kids used to go to and load up on lenny dykstra cards and fleer star stickers.

http://www.kshof.org/inductees/199-nelson-dev
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:40:18 AM by rick daris »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #4673 on: December 15, 2012, 10:44:16 AM »
WELL THAT SUCKS!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: December 15, 2012, 10:45:13 AM »
that guy is a champ.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles