Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4046800 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Field/Improvement Thread
« Reply #1375 on: July 22, 2011, 10:42:17 PM »
Make it black, you say. My understanding is that option was discussed, but the S&C and medical staff requested to not do that out of safety concerns (black turf in direct sun would be unbearably hot and they were concerned about athlete safety). Hard for an AD to justify going against medical and training staff, simply from a liability standpoint (ask UCF about medical liability for stu-athletes)
White
Purple
Gray

would look way worse. jesus.
Don't get me wrong, we would still be complaining about it.  But any of those colors would look better than a mis-matched color of green.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 22, 2011, 10:43:51 PM »
Make it black, you say. My understanding is that option was discussed, but the S&C and medical staff requested to not do that out of safety concerns (black turf in direct sun would be unbearably hot and they were concerned about athlete safety). Hard for an AD to justify going against medical and training staff, simply from a liability standpoint (ask UCF about medical liability for stu-athletes)
White
Purple
Gray

Don't get me wrong, we would still be complaining about it.  But any of those colors would look better than a mis-matched color of green.

would look much worse if it was just that small area

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 22, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
White
Purple
Gray

What if there were harleys and people were shooting off fireworks?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 22, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »
White
Purple
Gray

that would look awful if they were doing it in a vacuum.  turf is irrelevant in that instance.  also army tanks. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 22, 2011, 11:04:01 PM »
White
Purple
Gray

that would look awful if they were doing it in a vacuum.  turf is irrelevant in that instance.  also army tanks. 
Nothing could get me more ready for the football season!
B. Snyder
S. Snyder
T. Snyder
Harleys
Bud Light
Sub-Par recruiting
KStateCars.com

:excited:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: July 23, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »
grow corn on it

cons:  there are no cons
pros:  corn

But can growing corn on it add more revenue than adds?

Can it?

Someone needs to do a study to determine how much we can get to let a seed company grow there and put in advertisement signs.
  Maybe we could sit back a year or so and see how KU's replace-the-track-with-wheat project goes.  Let's let them be the first meat goat/guinea pig/stormtrooper through THAT door.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 23, 2011, 08:05:39 AM »
But can growing corn on it add more revenue than adds?

at $7 a bushel, it's not even close.  but i suppose you think the nation's farmers have been plowing up their ads and sowing them in corn for fun.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 23, 2011, 08:08:07 AM »
jesus christ, just read this thread from the populous butthurt on...: lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a newsflash: everything all these guys put out is generic crap (including Heery). All we really want is a big rough ridin' structure with a lot of glass that looks clean, and it's what everyone competent When won of the populous tards mentioned the glowing-purple-wherever-we-could-fit-it basketball training facility as an example of classy modern architecture he would like to see, I about lost it. :lol:  :lol:

:love:

thank god we have a michiganman around here to throw the harsh light of culture on these kansan architect/design yokels.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 23, 2011, 08:12:14 AM »
were building a rough ridin' monster

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread (Renderings on page 53)
« Reply #1384 on: July 23, 2011, 08:32:53 AM »
So let me get this straight.   The black-top.... which is black... was already there & already generating heat.   Never have I heard of someone becoming overheated by standing near the black-top or even over it (which I don't even recall people standing over it)

But it was decided that black turf over the track would cause concern for the medical staff because of "heat"?

Such a rough ridin' bullshit response.  Sounds more like the option was never discussed until it hit the message boards and the "Oh-crap, that would have been a good idea" was too embarrassing for the administration to admit.   

Not that I give a crap - just own your mistake.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 23, 2011, 09:05:34 AM »

Hopefully eventually they'll just tear out the asphalt or something and do it right.  Other schools that only have turf seem to be able to drive trucks on the field with no problems.    
 :users:

The driving trucks on it deal is really not an issue.  The artificial stuff is resilient and made to withstand the types of typical usage that occurs on an athletic field.

Ripping up the asphalt and putting down the proper compacted aggregate sub-base with the gravel and sand, adding the proper drainage, etc. needed for the rubber granular system the same as the field was undoubtedly much more expensive than the option they chose.  They could have done it, they just didn't want to spend the extra coin.

You get what you pay for.  I think they probably thought the color difference wouldn't be as noticeable as it is.  And as others have stated, on a typical gameday, with all the stuff piled into the end zones it probably will be mitigated, especially on TV games.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:11:06 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 23, 2011, 09:08:07 AM »
How about now?

:zzz:
but by all means bros, keep pissing on about the field, while somebody parks a strange glass-box/castle hybrid behind you.

Needs more arches, balloons, crenellations, cowbell, flags, and fighter jets in formation flying high above. 
The renderings were prolly rushed, but they still tell a story.  A horrible, terrible, no-good story.  JMO  :dunno:

Tucks Rejoice.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 23, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »
How about now?

:zzz:
but by all means bros, keep pissing on about the field, while somebody parks a strange glass-box/castle hybrid behind you.

Needs more arches, balloons, crenellations, cowbell, flags, and fighter jets in formation flying high above. 
The renderings were prolly rushed, but they still tell a story.  A horrible, terrible, no-good story.  JMO  :dunno:

Tucks Rejoice.

I can only hope that within this very thread, the talent will make our dreams come alive by posting something much better. 

Power to the people.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 23, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »
So let me get this straight.   The black-top.... which is black... was already there & already generating heat.   Never have I heard of someone becoming overheated by standing near the black-top or even over it (which I don't even recall people standing over it)

But it was decided that black turf over the track would cause concern for the medical staff because of "heat"?

Such a rough ridin' bullshit response.  Sounds more like the option was never discussed until it hit the message boards and the "Oh-crap, that would have been a good idea" was too embarrassing for the administration to admit.   

You obviously haven't ever played a sport on green turf when its 100 degrees out. The black pellets underneath radiate heat, increasing the temperature on the field another 20 degrees. I can only imagine what black "grass" would feel like. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 23, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »
ball pit

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 23, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
We should dig it out, put the band down there, and make it the orchestra pit or whatever.

Solved.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 23, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »
We should dig it out, put the band down there, and make it the orchestra pit or whatever.

Solved.

Heard of a Student Pres/VP couple who attempted this idea. Did NOT go well...
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 23, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »

You obviously haven't ever played a sport on green turf when its 100 degrees out. The black pellets underneath radiate heat, increasing the temperature on the field another 20 degrees. I can only imagine what black "grass" would feel like. 

You obviously have never been to a ksu football game if you think people are going to be playing were the black asphalt is now covered up by avocado green turf
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1393 on: July 23, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
Remove what they've done so far, make the EZOD a pool, and when you score a touchdown, you can just do a sweet dive into the pool.

We'll build a slide from the top of the new press box down into it, charge $20 bucks a slide, and we'll just generate a ton of money each game.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »
Remove what they've done so far, make the EZOD a pool, and when you score a touchdown, you can just do a sweet dive into the pool.

We'll build a slide from the top of the new press box down into it, charge $20 bucks a slide, and we'll just generate a ton of money each game.

Lazy river feeds into the EZOD pool. Harley Day will be speed boat day. First game of the year will be a bikini contest for all ladies ages 19-22
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: July 24, 2011, 01:13:25 AM »

You obviously have never been to a ksu football game if you think people are going to be playing were the black asphalt is now covered up by avocado green turf

So have you ever played on turf? It kinda hurts my feet. Like, really hot.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 24, 2011, 01:41:56 AM »

Lazy river feeds into the EZOD pool. Harley Day will be speed boat day. First game of the year will be a bikini contest for all ladies ages 19-22

eh....we don't want to fall to the level of Rusty's

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1397 on: July 24, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »
How about now?

Is this real?

I like it.  Looks much better than what we have now.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 24, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »
it's a real rendering that KSU had done

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1399 on: July 24, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »
it's a real rendering that KSU had done

Thank you Steve Dave.  I think you are one of the best k-staters out there (including this shitty website).

What do you think the odds are that anything close to this get done to the west side?  When you posted "had done", my hopes were dashed a little bit.  Bring me back "up".
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd