Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4060729 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Field/Improvement Thread
« Reply #1350 on: July 22, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »
Kitten Mittons just won't let the butthurt go.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 22, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »
why does everyone have to fight?  aren't we all wild wild wildkatz?  there may be perfectly logical explanations for the EZSOD, doesn't change the fact it looks K-Stateo.  Just admit it and we can group hug it out and move on.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 22, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »
hopefully currie sells the rights to the mismatched turf and we get a giant Briggs logo on it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 22, 2011, 02:39:38 PM »
Make it black, you say. My understanding is that option was discussed, but the S&C and medical staff requested to not do that out of safety concerns (black turf in direct sun would be unbearably hot and they were concerned about athlete safety). Hard for an AD to justify going against medical and training staff, simply from a liability standpoint (ask UCF about medical liability for stu-athletes)
White
Purple
Gray

would look way worse. jesus.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 22, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »
Make it black, you say. My understanding is that option was discussed, but the S&C and medical staff requested to not do that out of safety concerns (black turf in direct sun would be unbearably hot and they were concerned about athlete safety). Hard for an AD to justify going against medical and training staff, simply from a liability standpoint (ask UCF about medical liability for stu-athletes)
White
Purple
Gray

JFC, can you even imagine the response on here if they rolled out the EZOD in one of those colors?

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 22, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
hopefully currie sells the rights to the mismatched turf and we get a giant Briggs logo on it.

Minimize the actual "green space" on the turf.  Great idea.  EZSOD is brought to you by Kalvesta Implement in Kalvesta.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 22, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »

Minimize the actual "green space" on the turf.  Great idea.  EZSOD is brought to you by Kalvesta Implement in Kalvesta.

Pretty sure Traeger Grills and Fontanelle Hybrid Seed would cough up a pretty penny for this.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 22, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »
CC, why haven't you or anyone else from the athletic department acknowledged the crapty mismatched turf?  I Asked John about 50 different times and ways and never got a response, and I've never heard him or anyone else say anything other than speculation?

Srsly.  It's time for answers.  Why is it mismatched, and why does the K-State athletic department like to crap on everything nice?  :dubious:

Someone earlier in the thread posted the response from the AD. You guys didn't like the response, and so you continue to complain about it.

The blacktop had to stay intact so that TV trucks, EMS vehicles, support vehicles etc can drive around it. This means you can't put the same infill turf product down there, because the infill turf product on the field needs a sand/crushed rock base, not concrete. If you laid it on top of blacktop you'd end up with a raised lip where it met the field — a giant safety issue, when the whole point of covering the blacktop is to make it safer.

So, if you can't cover it with infill you have to pick a different type of turf. And since it is a different product, the colors aren't going to be exactly the same — that's an AstroTurf issue. Fibers are made out of different material, light hits it differently etc. There really isn't any way to make them exactly the same color.

You keep saying it makes "zero sense", when really you mean that you don't like the conclusion that the AD came to after reviewing the options. Is it ideal? No, probably not. But it's the best of the imperfect options. And as has been pointed out, on gameday you aren't even going to see it. They may eventually put that same turf on the sidelines, I have no idea. But honestly, the whole thing to me seems more like people trying hard to find stuff to complain about.

Hopefully eventually they'll just tear out the asphalt or something and do it right.  Other schools that only have turf seem to be able to drive trucks on the field with no problems.   
 :users:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »
Great thread over at phog on BSFS (18 pages).  Today in classic beems fashion, beems posted pics of KU's facilities, including pics of the stadium club that is coming in 2010.  :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 22, 2011, 03:16:45 PM »

what do you guys think about the height difference between Shorty McLeftside and Talleta Ontherighterson?  At first you're all, like, hmmm, regular sized guy walking next to Lebron James or something.  But then you mind focuses and you realize the monster on the right is a chick and you have to come to terms with maybe McLeftside is some sort of proto human that maxes out at 4'9" or maybe we have a female shaq or something.  

her pigeon toeyedness (sp?)and lack of proper proper orthotics as a child concern me more. I'm now worried that we are past the point of such simple corrective measures and fear that some sort of tendon lengthening surgery might be needed. can't wait to see updated renderings to see if she had the procedure and if it was successful.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 22, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
pfft

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 22, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »

not sure who that chick is but.....want to do

I know that chick 'clams. She lives in Vegas now. Used to plow her my freshman year. She still calls me almost every week and begs me to come visit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 22, 2011, 03:31:26 PM »
Great thread over at phog on BSFS (18 pages).  Today in classic beems fashion, beems posted pics of KU's facilities, including pics of the stadium club that is coming in 2010.  :lol:

He is the little Butthurt Engine that could.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 22, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »
Skinny even I am tired of how butthurt you are about the turf color.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 22, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »
Skinny even I am tired of how butthurt you are about the turf color.

It'll go away when they make it not look like crap.   :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: July 22, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
What about inventing safety blacktop? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 22, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »
What about inventing safety blacktop? 

rubber safety stuff from playgrounds

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 22, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
is it just me or is butthurt really getting overused?  i'm going with rumpstricken

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1368 on: July 22, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
White
Purple
Gray

JFC, can you even imagine the response on here if they rolled out the EZOD in one of those colors?

Idea: Cover it with ads until it looks like the side of a stock car.

Pros: Generates money, covers mismatched turf.

Cons: There are no cons.

:dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 22, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
grow corn on it

cons:  there are no cons
pros:  corn

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 22, 2011, 08:41:06 PM »

That post screamed Beems.

'grats Beems.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 22, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
grow corn on it

But can growing corn on it add more revenue than adds?

Can it?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 22, 2011, 09:07:10 PM »
grow corn on it

Can it?

Someone needs to do a study to determine how much we can get to let a seed company grow there and put in advertisement signs.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread (Renderings on page 53)
« Reply #1373 on: July 22, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »
they should have rough ridin' dug death pits behind the endzones with big spikes and crap sticking out
emaw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 22, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »
grow corn on it

Can it?

corn and meat goats???