Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3917671 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21525 on: December 13, 2021, 09:12:20 AM »
They've spent $72 million on the Ice and Rock, so the Bram is not going anywhere.   Which is a shame, but that ship has sailed.

Bramlage should not seat more than 10K once it's completed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21526 on: December 13, 2021, 09:37:00 AM »
Yeah shooter, you described the plans that I've been privy to. One thing to look out for with Bramlage renovation is trying to either figure out a way to do them over the course of a basketball season, because 7 months won't be nearly long enough to get them done, or what will the plan be for a home for the two basketball teams if it's decided to do all the renovation in one fell swoop.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21527 on: December 13, 2021, 09:59:21 AM »
Yeah shooter, you described the plans that I've been privy to. One thing to look out for with Bramlage renovation is trying to either figure out a way to do them over the course of a basketball season, because 7 months won't be nearly long enough to get them done, or what will the plan be for a home for the two basketball teams if it's decided to do all the renovation in one fell swoop.

Well if oscar keeps his job then just do them during the season. There won't be anyone in the seats anyways.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21528 on: December 13, 2021, 10:03:02 AM »

Well if oscar keeps his job then just do them during the season. There won't be anyone in the seats anyways.

Schedule a lot of away games in non-con and play home games in Morgan Family arena. 3,100 capacity

Think TCU played in an arena that seated around 4-5k during the Schollmaier renovation.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21529 on: December 13, 2021, 10:47:20 AM »

Schedule a lot of away games in non-con and play home games in Morgan Family arena. 3,100 capacity

Think TCU played in an arena that seated around 4-5k during the Schollmaier renovation.

Without knowing the exact dimensions of Morgan Family Arena, this is likely a nonstarter. The likely outcome in this scenario are home games at the expo center or the Tony's Pizza place.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21530 on: December 13, 2021, 10:51:54 AM »
Low KSU facilities IQ, but why isn't Ahearn an option?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21531 on: December 13, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »
Out of code. Complete dump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21532 on: December 13, 2021, 11:02:10 AM »
Good thing I guess that all The Streak considerations are gone now.  :frown:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21533 on: December 13, 2021, 11:07:54 AM »

Without knowing the exact dimensions of Morgan Family Arena, this is likely a nonstarter. The likely outcome in this scenario are home games at the expo center or the Tony's Pizza place.

Yeah, but when looking at the arena from another view it made me think a court could fit (since I found the free zone minimum size and a college court are very close to the same size. Court being 5 ft longer), but would most likely have to push the stands in on that one end, which would drop capacity even more.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21534 on: December 13, 2021, 12:09:12 PM »
I would really like to see a proposal to bring Ahearn back online as a functional facilty.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21535 on: December 13, 2021, 12:33:21 PM »
I would really like to see a proposal to bring Ahearn back online as a functional facilty.
They should gut it and rebuild inside to house another academic hall. Pay homage to the old bard, while acknowledging that athletics has moved to the north.

I’d love to see a renovated Bramlage renamed Ahearn Fieldhouse.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21536 on: December 13, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »
They should gut it and rebuild inside to house another academic hall. Pay homage to the old bard, while acknowledging that athletics has moved to the north.

I’d love to see a renovated Bramlage renamed Ahearn Fieldhouse.

Gotta think if there's a name change, it'll be renamed after the highest donor, which we all know who the leading candidate for that would be.

But, calling it the Any Name Fieldhouse is 1000x's better than "Coliseum"

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21537 on: December 14, 2021, 08:13:57 AM »
Our basketball team was started in 1902. We played in a variety of places until Nichols Hall was built in 1911. Home games were then held there until 1950 when Ahearn was built.

Nichols Hall: 1911 - 1949, 39 years.

Ahearn then served as the home of the Kansas State Wildcats from 1950 until Bramlage opened in November of 1988.

Ahearn Fieldhouse: 1950 - 1987, 38 years

Bramlage has been in operation since 1988 and as we all look at it, we all realize it has not kept up with the growth of all our other athletic facilities, nor is it in line with our ability to raise a little  :kstategrad: and replace the home of our men's basketball team every 3-1/2 decades or so. Someone needs to inform Gene that it's time for him to justify his salary, fire oscar, and start building us a proper location... again.

Bramalge Coliseum: 1988 - present, 34 years and counting.

:impatient:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21538 on: December 14, 2021, 08:29:51 AM »
I was previously team "build a new fieldhouse with aspects of Ahearn somewhere near the BTF and yada yada".

But the older I get, the location is perfect, and I think the only option for vacating Bramlage was if it was repurposed into a volleyball venue (similar to Nebraska's renovation)

Now that they're getting their own stand alone facility, just fully renovate Bramlage and rename it. It will be unrecognizable with the right design.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21539 on: January 02, 2022, 08:15:58 AM »
Anymore I wonder why donors keep donating to improve facilities but seem to be happy with mediocre results at best.  Super low athletic IQ?  Looks like a waste of money on a train pulling into G5ville.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21540 on: January 02, 2022, 06:20:22 PM »
Anymore I wonder why donors keep donating to improve facilities but seem to be happy with mediocre results at best.  Super low athletic IQ?  Looks like a waste of money on a train pulling into G5ville.

IMO they’re gonna start running into fundraising problems pretty quick if things don’t improve. Or I could just be completely out of touch w the average KSU donor, maybe they just don’t care about having winning programs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21541 on: January 02, 2022, 09:45:38 PM »

IMO they’re gonna start running into fundraising problems pretty quick if things don’t improve. Or I could just be completely out of touch w the average KSU donor, maybe they just don’t care about having winning programs.

No offense, but yeah you both are out of touch with the average athletic donor, at any school. First of all, if you don't have adequate facilities you don't have a chance. When Snyder was winning we were committing money to facilities. We were one of the first programs with an indoor practice facility. Vanier, when built, was awesome and pretty much stayed awesome, even with Snyder 2.0 grumping behind the scenes. If we didn't have top facilities we would have lost Snyder in the mid 90s.

Secondly, most athletic donors don't give conditionally, even at the big boy schools. People give because they love their school, or love a particular team or aspect of that school. Sure there are some donors who are do this and do that or else I won't give, but those people usually aren't big enough in donation or in number of individual donors to have any influence in that manner. Affinity is normally bigger than a game or two.

Finally, you two are grossly misstating "mediocre at best." We're winning enough games, going to bowl games, and most importantly enough not embarrassing ourselves. I sit at these games every week, the number of people who feel 7 or 8 win seasons are inadequate, is extremely limited. There are very few schools across the country that are firing a coach that averages 7 wins a year and we aren't one of them, in fact there are only three in the Big 12 and one of those 3, Oklahoma State, is one coach away from appreciating 7-5 a lot more than they do now.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21542 on: January 03, 2022, 07:35:25 AM »

No offense, but yeah you both are out of touch with the average athletic donor, at any school. First of all, if you don't have adequate facilities you don't have a chance. When Snyder was winning we were committing money to facilities. We were one of the first programs with an indoor practice facility. Vanier, when built, was awesome and pretty much stayed awesome, even with Snyder 2.0 grumping behind the scenes. If we didn't have top facilities we would have lost Snyder in the mid 90s.

Secondly, most athletic donors don't give conditionally, even at the big boy schools. People give because they love their school, or love a particular team or aspect of that school. Sure there are some donors who are do this and do that or else I won't give, but those people usually aren't big enough in donation or in number of individual donors to have any influence in that manner. Affinity is normally bigger than a game or two.

Finally, you two are grossly misstating "mediocre at best." We're winning enough games, going to bowl games, and most importantly enough not embarrassing ourselves. I sit at these games every week, the number of people who feel 7 or 8 win seasons are inadequate, is extremely limited. There are very few schools across the country that are firing a coach that averages 7 wins a year and we aren't one of them, in fact there are only three in the Big 12 and one of those 3, Oklahoma State, is one coach away from appreciating 7-5 a lot more than they do now.

You may be 100% correct, I don’t really know.

I do believe you’re correct that most donors don’t give conditionally.

I’m not saying that ksu is all of a sudden going to go broke if they keep winning 7 games. They’ll be fine. Mix in a 9 win season here and there and people will be very happy. I do however think they’ll struggle to build 100m+ projects (although not sure how much more there is to build at this point)

I’m far from a big money donor to the KSU AD, there’s a lot of other things that are more important to my wife and me. I would definitely be uninterested to donating to the next campaign for bramlage or whatever it may be unless some major changes are made there.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21543 on: January 03, 2022, 10:07:19 AM »

I’m not saying that ksu is all of a sudden going to go broke if they keep winning 7 games. They’ll be fine. Mix in a 9 win season here and there and people will be very happy. I do however think they’ll struggle to build 100m+ projects (although not sure how much more there is to build at this point)

I’m far from a big money donor to the KSU AD, there’s a lot of other things that are more important to my wife and me. I would definitely be uninterested to donating to the next campaign for bramlage or whatever it may be unless some major changes are made there.

Do you not see the flaw in that logic? "If you don't fire our 65 year old coach, I'm not going to donate to modernize our basketball facility." That's the definition of cutting off your own nose to spite your face. Those improvements aren't for the current guy but help with finding the next guy. Even if, in this very specific case, the current guy wasn't close to retirement anyway, wouldn't you want your coach and program best positioned to get better players?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21544 on: January 03, 2022, 02:30:26 PM »

Do you not see the flaw in that logic? "If you don't fire our 65 year old coach, I'm not going to donate to modernize our basketball facility." That's the definition of cutting off your own nose to spite your face. Those improvements aren't for the current guy but help with finding the next guy. Even if, in this very specific case, the current guy wasn't close to retirement anyway, wouldn't you want your coach and program best positioned to get better players?

Again my desire to give KSU AD money has mainly dwindled due to having other passions that are also in need of money, and I’d rather give to them.

While yes I do want to see basketball improve, that’s on Gene to make happen, not me. My appetite for giving has pretty much been exhausted after the last several projects I’ve contributed to. There are plenty of programs doing a lot better things with significantly worse facilities than both oscar and Klieman are doing right now. I do not believe that another 80-100mm project will make oscar or the next coach a consistent winner.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21545 on: January 29, 2022, 11:34:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/kstatesports/status/1487425547839979523?s=21

Had no idea Tuttle was that close to the stadium.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21546 on: January 29, 2022, 01:16:22 PM »
It is like 6 miles by road. Probably like 4 as the crow flies.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21547 on: January 29, 2022, 01:46:31 PM »
It is like 6 miles by road. Probably like 4 as the crow flies.

Give this man his townie medal. If I started at midfield it'd be almost exactly 4 miles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21548 on: February 05, 2022, 01:32:14 PM »
unpopular take but I don’t like how they closed up the stadium, it seems smaller and has a manufactured feel to it
i miss the old grass hills and the open nez

now, if I went to more than one game a decade, maybe my opinion would matter but i don’t so wgaf

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21549 on: February 05, 2022, 01:55:53 PM »
unpopular take but I don’t like how they closed up the stadium, it seems smaller and has a manufactured feel to it
i miss the old grass hills and the open nez

now, if I went to more than one game a decade, maybe my opinion would matter but i don’t so wgaf

Who invited the tuck?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12