Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916596 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #20975 on: June 25, 2020, 04:41:41 PM »
Hard to build up the NEZ when the SEZ is dug into the ground the way it is. Plus I would hate it if we blocked the view of the greatest setting in all of college football more than we already have you know?

I think it's more balancing how far towards Kimball they wanted to go with the building and eat into the staff/player parking lot than building anything up. NEZ simply has a different slope to the seating compared to the bowl and it makes it stand out more. If they preserved the slope I'm sure it'd push Vanier another 20ft or so out, and I'm not sure they wanted to do that.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: June 25, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »
I will say though, besides the obvious usage of the NEZ/Vanier for the players and coaches, the best thing the NEZ did was finally balance out the bowl. It drove me nuts that the East side went further north than the west side, and for no real apparent reason.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20977 on: June 25, 2020, 08:27:16 PM »
best piecemeal stade in the universe

I can't think of a single college football stadium that wasn't renovated in stages. The UCF, FAU, and Houston stadiums are new but all three look like erector sets.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: June 26, 2020, 08:51:29 AM »
Yea additions/renovations pretty much have to be done in stages almost by definition. The real task is to look at how Nebraska did it and do the opposite.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: June 26, 2020, 09:15:20 AM »
I will say though, besides the obvious usage of the NEZ/Vanier for the players and coaches, the best thing the NEZ did was finally balance out the bowl. It drove me nuts that the East side went further north than the west side, and for no real apparent reason.

If you think that's bad, you should see the weirdo add-on in the NE corner of the Northwestern football stadium.

https://goo.gl/maps/BEWjToRWJXBpjmPq9

I'm sure that drives skinnybenny nuts.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20980 on: June 26, 2020, 10:35:44 AM »

If you think that's bad, you should see the weirdo add-on in the NE corner of the Northwestern football stadium.

WTF?  I thought Northwestern was supposed to be an elite educational institution, yet they let this get by?  I have to question such things.  It makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20981 on: June 26, 2020, 12:19:31 PM »
I think at some point they should extend this SEZ structure one section to both the east and west with party/viewing decks.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20982 on: June 26, 2020, 01:11:02 PM »
I think at some point they should extend this SEZ structure one section to both the east and west with party/viewing decks.

Agreed

Also, I thought the reason for the NEZ design being what it is was a result of fire code and new construction regulations, not due to the parking lot.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20983 on: June 26, 2020, 01:20:50 PM »

Agreed

Also, I thought the reason for the NEZ design being what it is was a result of fire code and new construction regulations, not due to the parking lot.

My point was more thinking about why it looks different compared the rest of the bowl. If there are code reasons sure, but I am just saying if you preserved the same slope of the seating (just imagine taking the SEZ, mirroring it, and placing it on the NEZ) that it physically pushes everything further north. They obviously wanted (and needed) a 360 concourse, which pushes the building back further from the field.

There may have well been code issues, but IMO the building footprint, and what they were trying to achieve with the concourse, and the space they had to work with all triangulated to the design we have, and why it sticks out (not horribly) compared to the rest of the stadium.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20984 on: June 26, 2020, 04:21:34 PM »

WTF?  I thought Northwestern was supposed to be an elite educational institution, yet they let this get by?  I have to question such things.  It makes absolutely no sense.

On the plus side.  Most people in that furthest north section have a pretty elite straight on view of the side of a building so there is that.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20985 on: June 26, 2020, 08:00:56 PM »

On the plus side.  Most people in that furthest north section have a pretty elite straight on view of the side of a building so there is that.

I have thought about my previous post.  In light of how bad Northwestern football has been for years, maybe these were the primo seats.  Go to the game, party with the students and drunken fans of Chicago, and never have to actually pretend to be watching the game.  :dunno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20986 on: June 26, 2020, 11:40:20 PM »

I always knew it was weird, but I had never looked at an aerial view of it until now to see just how mismatched it is from its compatriot on the same side of the stadium (but along the other half of the field).

Weirdly enough it doesn’t enrage me that much because at this point, I’ve come to expect the absolute worst from that stadium. I mean there’s nothing you can do at this point other than just laugh at its quirks and errors. The whole stadium is just one big optical illusion. None of it makes any sense whatsoever. I’m dying to go to a game there.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:44:00 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20987 on: June 26, 2020, 11:42:49 PM »

I always knew it was weird, but I had never looked at an aerial view of it until now to see just how mismatched it is from its compatriot on the same side of the stadium (but along the other half of the field).

Weirdly enough it doesn’t enrage me that much because at this point, I’ve come to expect the absolute worst from that stadium. I mean there’s nothing you can do at this point other than just laugh. I mean the whole stadium is just one big optical illusion. None of it makes any sense whatsoever.

Yeah, that whole shits weird, I love Bob Ross but it looks like the swirls he'd make for clouds if he stood at midfield and spun around.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20988 on: June 27, 2020, 01:08:05 PM »
You think it's an option to make the west side parking lot into a parking garage like they use in Austin for tailgating? Make each level (might only need two?) super tall for RVs and then also so all that grill smoke can be well ventilated? Might be super stupid, I've been thinking about it for less than 5mins.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20989 on: June 27, 2020, 01:36:48 PM »
Well it’s not like we’d have to take out any trees to do it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20990 on: June 27, 2020, 08:44:59 PM »
Amazing anal retention on display right now.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20991 on: June 29, 2020, 02:59:06 PM »
Because we don't like the Northwestern stadium? :frown:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20992 on: June 30, 2020, 06:31:06 AM »
How could anyone? Sheesh, I've never seen it from the air like that.

It gets worse the longer you keep looking at it.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20993 on: July 01, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »
Progressing.

I think it's going to be pretty damn legit. (still wish is was slightly bigger/wider, though)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20994 on: July 01, 2020, 09:14:07 AM »
wait is that as wide as it's going to get?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20995 on: July 01, 2020, 09:20:06 AM »
wait is that as wide as it's going to get?

lol, i know you're just gE, but this is kind of where it'll be.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20996 on: July 01, 2020, 09:54:17 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20997 on: July 01, 2020, 10:28:55 AM »
i wasn't ge'ing, was p worried about it even tho tlbl press box would have been bigger than anything iowa st has.  even tho no one measures themselves by iowa st standards, it still was like wtf mate

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20998 on: July 01, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »

For overall width, it’s right, but sounds like this rendo isn’t completely accurate anymore. They’ve added a few rows of seats to the top level and a cluster of speakers on top. Not sure what other subtle changes have been done.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20999 on: July 01, 2020, 10:59:38 AM »
Think there have even been changes since this was done as well. But it's closer.