Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4064080 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18550 on: September 17, 2015, 11:15:58 AM »
Nice pic of the stadium from the K-Statesports.com page from the first game. Plus some wifi info.

http://www.kstatesports.com/news/k-state-launches-new-connectivity-network-at-bsfs-09-17-2015

everything is so new and shiny in that pic that I had to take a second look to confirm that it wasn't a rendering. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18551 on: September 17, 2015, 11:19:47 AM »
Let's start with the priorities. We need:
(1) As many students at the games as possible (noise, spirit, growing the fanbase and future donors)
(2) Maintain the tradition of the the best student seating in the Big 12 (for same reasons above)
(3) More money for athletics

These are the goals, right? With these in mind, shouldn't we:
(1) Increase SGA funding by at least double
(2) Move band to the corner, because why the hell are we parking the band in prime real estate?
(3) Keep the base student GA ticket prices the same, but maybe increase ICAT prices.

if you move the band from prime real estate, the only consideration should be to a place where they can be heard better throughout the stadium. Because unlike the other students, the band doesn't leave games early, or miss a game, ever.

If there is one group of people who deserve prime real estate, it is the band. I'm fine moving them, but don't act like some drunk frat boys deserve those seats more.

This

Drunk frat boys huh, smelly band geeks seem a bit inferiority complex-y. No one deserves anything but people actually paying for a seat are higher on the hierarchy than someone who doesn't.

i would disagree. the amount of work, energy, and time that the band gives, is worth more than the $200 or whatever an icat student pays for passes.

Nobody is disputing the "work, energy, and time that the band gives," but I disagree that that's worth $200 to the Atheletic Department. You know what's worth $200? $200. This isn't a slam on the band - I love those Jayhawk felatio forming little fuckers - but they're not paying for their seats, so why would we give them the most expensive seats in the house? :dunno: Move them to the corner, where they'll be as loud, if not louder.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18552 on: September 17, 2015, 11:29:55 AM »
my opinion is the band should be placed wherever they can best be heard by the most people. some engineer could figure that out pretty easily i'm sure.

This is the primary concern.  Those in the East Side upper deck can only hear them at halftime.

I know because that's where I generally sit, and I never hear them during the game at all.  However, I do hear opposing bands in the South end zone.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18553 on: September 17, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »
my opinion is the band should be placed wherever they can best be heard by the most people. some engineer could figure that out pretty easily i'm sure.

This is the primary concern.  Those in the East Side upper deck can only hear them at halftime.

I know because that's where I generally sit, and I never hear them during the game at all.  However, I do hear opposing bands in the South end zone.

That's another advantage of the NE corner. It could (theoretically) be designed to somewhat amplify the band. It's never going to be too good for the east side upper deck unless you move the band to the west, which won't happen.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18554 on: September 17, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »
Take first chair from each instrument, delete the other losers, mic the band up from upper deck corners. Everybody wins.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18555 on: September 17, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »

Take first chair from each instrument, delete the other losers, mic the band up from upper deck corners. Everybody wins.

You know NOTHING about bands!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18556 on: September 17, 2015, 12:09:51 PM »
is there a first chair for the piccolo?
b/c, and no offense to the piccolo players in the house tonight, i can't for the life of me discern the piccolo players notes from the flutists

maybe i have bad ears, is there a doctor in the house??

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18557 on: September 17, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »
is there a first chair for the piccolo?
b/c, and no offense to the piccolo players in the house tonight, i can't for the life of me discern the piccolo players notes from the flutists

maybe i have bad ears, is there a doctor in the house??

PM me if you need a good ear doctor, a close personal friend of mine is one of the best in the country
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18558 on: September 17, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »
(1) As many students at the games as possible (noise, spirit, growing the fanbase and future donors)
(2) Maintain the tradition of the the best student seating in the Big 12 (for same reasons above)

(2) Move band to the corner, because why the hell are we parking the band in prime real estate?
(3) Keep the base student GA ticket prices the same, but maybe increase ICAT prices.

if you move the band from prime real estate, the only consideration should be to a place where they can be heard better throughout the stadium. Because unlike the other students, the band doesn't leave games early, or miss a game, ever.

If there is one group of people who deserve prime real estate, it is the band. I'm fine moving them, but don't act like some drunk frat boys deserve those seats more.

This

Drunk frat boys huh, smelly band geeks seem a bit inferiority complex-y. No one deserves anything but people actually paying for a seat are higher on the hierarchy than someone who doesn't.

i would disagree. the amount of work, energy, and time that the band gives, is worth more than the $200 or whatever an icat student pays for passes.

Nobody is disputing the "work, energy, and time that the band gives," but I disagree that that's worth $200 to the Atheletic Department. You know what's worth $200? $200. This isn't a slam on the band - I love those Jayhawk felatio forming little fuckers - but they're not paying for their seats, so why would we give them the most expensive seats in the house? :dunno: Move them to the corner, where they'll be as loud, if not louder.

Its worth more dumb dumb

Offline EMAWforever

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18559 on: September 17, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
i'd be okay with them designing something specific for the band in the NE corner, but I think Bill likes the band and the students behind the other team just to annoy them mostly. Band is louder than students at times and probably way more annoying.  He moved the visitor team over to the east side when I was in school just for that reason.  You can tune out annoying fans but the screech of horns is pretty hard to ignore.  If it is about money than you sell those 50 yard line seats for what you sell the west side for.  Then we become like everyone else and I don't think anyone wants that.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18560 on: September 17, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »

Those of us in Section 23 can hardly hear them.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18561 on: September 17, 2015, 12:25:48 PM »

This

Its worth more dumb dumb
they have to report 6 hours before the kick to get the show rehearsal done before the team gets the field........band provides the fans with the parking lot crap plus cat town........then they do the game, half time and play the alma mater after the teams leave.......so there another 4 hours plus........

are they worth $15-$20 buck an hour ? .........it's reasonable to say yes to all of that
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18562 on: September 17, 2015, 12:37:40 PM »
no, they are not worth that much to the Athletic Department, the AD would not lose a single season ticket if the band didn't exist. Yeah sure there may be a few diehard band parents who may get season tickets but those tickets would be bought by other people,

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18563 on: September 17, 2015, 12:38:46 PM »
in all honesty the Athletic Department would make more money per game if the POWL didn't exist.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18564 on: September 17, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »

This

Its worth more dumb dumb
they have to report 6 hours before the kick to get the show rehearsal done before the team gets the field........band provides the fans with the parking lot crap plus cat town........then they do the game, half time and play the alma mater after the teams leave.......so there another 4 hours plus........

are they worth $15-$20 buck an hour ? .........it's reasonable to say yes to all of that

Way less than $20/hour. You are talking each game, the student tickets would be for a season.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18565 on: September 17, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »
no, they are not worth that much to the Athletic Department, the AD would not lose a single season ticket if the band didn't exist. Yeah sure there may be a few diehard band parents who may get season tickets but those tickets would be bought by other people,
no one is arguing a ticket swap.............but the provide a service (work) to the college game day atmosphere............they also have to play at a bunch of non-rev sports and other stupid stuff that you wouldn't be caught dead at, let alone pay for........

so it more than even's out
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18566 on: September 17, 2015, 12:41:58 PM »
Stop beating up the band and put them in the corner, sheesh

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18567 on: September 17, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »

in all honesty the Athletic Department would make more money per game if the POWL didn't exist.

This might be true if you just sold the band's seats for a couple games, but overall I think you have to admit a band can do a lot for entertainment and homefield advantage which is tough to quantify per game, but could have a huge effect on attendance (and hence bottom line) over time.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: September 17, 2015, 12:44:21 PM »

That's an interesting way of looking at things, but difficult to quantify. For starters, how much is the band receiving in scholarships and perks like free trips to bowl games? How many people are in the marching band?

And just from the revenue side, how much (otherwise ICAT) ticket revenue does the band cost? (How many seats do they occupy and what's the current price for ICAT season tickets?)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18569 on: September 17, 2015, 12:45:49 PM »

This might be true if you just sold the band's seats for a couple games, but overall I think you have to admit a band can do a lot for entertainment and homefield advantage which is tough to quantify per game, but could have a huge effect on attendance (and hence bottom line) over time.

i get some entertainment value, but i don't think the band gives any homefield advantage, and you're an idiot if you think the band "could have a huge effect on attendance over time"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18570 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:07 PM »
Let's get real:  we need a band.  But we need a band because it's tradition and part of college football and adds to the atmosphere for the crowd.  We don't need a band to annoy the opponents. With that said, putting the band in the best place to be heard throughout the stadium makes the most sense - and that place clearly isn't where the band is at currently.

If Snyder wants them behind the opposing bench because he's a mega micromanager and has the pull to be that micromanager, then fine.  They can stay there until he's gone in a year or two or whenever.  At that point, they should be put somewhere near the north end zone, projecting towards the rest of the stadium.  The northeast corner seems like a good option.  This is makes good financial sense as well.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18571 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »

But the band can just as easily do that from the sparkly new NE corner. The argument seems to be that the band has earned the best seats in the house because of their "work, energy, and time."

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18572 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:56 PM »
If given the choice, would the band prefer to stay where they are or move and be considered real people? ADJC can't deliver all of option 2, but could move them and hope for the best.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18573 on: September 17, 2015, 12:47:16 PM »
I love their antics with Jayhawk, but facts remain that nothing changes sans band. Time goes on and sound system does the trick. I can do the Wabash to a loud ass speaker. Band is unnecessary. I like the band and prefer it, but it's lucky to be there.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18574 on: September 17, 2015, 12:49:39 PM »
Anti band people prefer the nfl type atmosphere