Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4045763 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18500 on: September 16, 2015, 05:15:17 PM »
I love what Curry has done with facilities, but this "we've got to either raise ticket prices, reduce student seating or keep the $500k coming" is bs. This school, rich alumni, and his ability to brand the crap out of "Welcome to K-State!" doesn't exist without students, nor does much of our home field advantage.

you should re-read the article, paying special attention to the part where it says "Currie said he has no intention of reducing student seating to increase public seating, which would increase ticket revenue."

if i were a SGA guy, i would vote to double it the SGA payment.  imagine how great it would feel to say, "we funded 1.42% of the ad's budget!".

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18501 on: September 16, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »
the SGA needs to get it in writing that if they keep money coming that they won't get shifted farther north

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18502 on: September 16, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »
the SGA needs to get it in writing that if they keep money coming that they won't get shifted farther north
also get it in writing that if they keep the money coming that the band will move to the new corner shitty seats.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18503 on: September 16, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
also get it in writing that if they keep the money coming that the band will move to the new corner shitty seats.
yes. I honestly think keeping some money going to the Athletic Department is fine, people will remember going to games way more than a tutor or whatever BS they say that money will go to. Also c'mon, students get better seats at K-State in football and basketball than maybe any other school in the country.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18504 on: September 16, 2015, 05:34:06 PM »
look, a paltry $500k is nothing more than a symbolic show of support from SGA to our AD.
currie and the AD would be fine without it.  but what kind of message does it send if they cut it off?  currie has done a lot to improve the fan experience and although the students also support the AD through ticket fees, what's an extra $20 per student in student fees if it means strengthening the relationship between the student body and our AD?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18505 on: September 16, 2015, 06:03:38 PM »
Currie also provided financial information on several potential projects, in addition to the northeast corner expansion. Plans include a $5 million restroom and concession expansion and $7 million video board and sound system upgrade to LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

I bet the video boards will be SE and SW corner like Kellis said and I bet the restrooms/concessions will be SEZ first floor of Bramlage where a lot of the AD offices were and now moved to Vanier. Would take that for 2016-2017. But what about the limestone wall John  :shakesfist:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18506 on: September 16, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »
Not too get all old grumpy balls, but students fill their capacity twice in 4 years makes it seem to me they can stand to shrink a few hundred and probably not even notice
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18507 on: September 16, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »
Not too get all old grumpy balls, but students fill their capacity twice in 4 years makes it seem to me they can stand to shrink a few hundred and probably not even notice

+1,000,000

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18508 on: September 16, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
You're right, but students of all eras are entitled babies, they won't even give basketball seats back, there is no way they are going to give football seats back.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18509 on: September 16, 2015, 09:10:32 PM »
You're right, but students of all eras are entitled babies, they won't even give basketball seats back, there is no way they are going to give football seats back.

do they have a choice? 

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18510 on: September 16, 2015, 09:38:01 PM »
I spent some time as an SGA nerd many, many years ago and if I remember correctly, the seats are guaranteed at BSFS and the OOD so long as the money keeps flowing. Cut the money and there are no guarantees other than to look like a$$holes like KU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18511 on: September 16, 2015, 09:53:40 PM »
I've heard that but dismissed it as rumor

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18512 on: September 16, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »
Just let section 28 be a party zone or something. Agreed that GA should be shrunk.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18513 on: September 16, 2015, 11:11:15 PM »
look, a paltry $500k is nothing more than a symbolic show of support from SGA to our AD.
currie and the AD would be fine without it.  but what kind of message does it send if they cut it off?  currie has done a lot to improve the fan experience and although the students also support the AD through ticket fees, what's an extra $20 per student in student fees if it means strengthening the relationship between the student body and our AD?

I thought the goal was to have the ad be 100 percent self funded. Do these student fees count?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18514 on: September 17, 2015, 03:48:28 AM »

I thought the goal was to have the ad be 100 percent self funded. Do these student fees count?
Essentially the AD is asking a very large ticket holder group for more money. Students are fill up roughly 1/6 of the football stadium, 1/3 of the basketball arena, and receive free admission to the other sports.

Also, none of that money would be coming from Kansas tax dollars.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18515 on: September 17, 2015, 06:52:49 AM »
Not only that, but many of the student seats are primo locations.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18516 on: September 17, 2015, 07:17:25 AM »

Essentially the AD is asking a very large ticket holder group for more money. Students are fill up roughly 1/6 of the football stadium, 1/3 of the basketball arena, and receive free admission to the other sports.

Also, none of that money would be coming from Kansas tax dollars.

He's not asking for MORE money. They already give $500k. He's asking that they continue to give.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18517 on: September 17, 2015, 07:54:18 AM »
I thought the students paid for their tickets, by way of ticket packages being tacked onto their tuition? 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18518 on: September 17, 2015, 08:34:41 AM »
I thought the students paid for their tickets, by way of ticket packages being tacked onto their tuition? 

did someone say that they didn't?
what's confusing about this?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18519 on: September 17, 2015, 08:41:22 AM »

did someone say that they didn't?
what's confusing about this?
magnets

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18520 on: September 17, 2015, 08:47:13 AM »
they do, but the seats directly to their left in football cost roughly 10 times the price the students are paying........I guess, if you wanted to look, at say the south 30 yard line, it's about 6 times the price........either way, they a super good deal........you should see where other student sections have to sit in the Big 12 (not good)
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18521 on: September 17, 2015, 08:57:54 AM »
I love what Curry has done with facilities, but this "we've got to either raise ticket prices, reduce student seating or keep the $500k coming" is bs. This school, rich alumni, and his ability to brand the crap out of "Welcome to K-State!" doesn't exist without students, nor does much of our home field advantage.

you should re-read the article, paying special attention to the part where it says "Currie said he has no intention of reducing student seating to increase public seating, which would increase ticket revenue."

if i were a SGA guy, i would vote to double it the SGA payment.  imagine how great it would feel to say, "we funded 1.42% of the ad's budget!".

Right. What's more ironclad than "I have no intention..." statements. I get all warm and fuzzy when I hear them because they are in no way associated with a threat/request also on the table.   

"Kids, I have no intention of leaving this family." You're right, thanks for setting me straight.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18522 on: September 17, 2015, 09:04:27 AM »
if the sga stops paying, then the money will have to be made up somewhere else and it will either be done through increased student ticket prices and/or possibly worse seats. Make it more of a user fee type thing instead of all students paying into it.it's a slippery slope i guess because then you're going to start debating everything on campus. Like, "i never go to the rec, why should some of my student fees go towards it?"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:18:40 AM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18523 on: September 17, 2015, 09:06:56 AM »
I think that if the AD is making $5 million profits, they aren't spending enough and they don't need the $500k from the students.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18524 on: September 17, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
Let's start with the priorities. We need:
(1) As many students at the games as possible (noise, spirit, growing the fanbase and future donors)
(2) Maintain the tradition of the the best student seating in the Big 12 (for same reasons above)
(3) More money for athletics

These are the goals, right? With these in mind, shouldn't we:
(1) Increase SGA funding by at least double
(2) Move band to the corner, because why the hell are we parking the band in prime real estate?
(3) Keep the base student GA ticket prices the same, but maybe increase ICAT prices.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.