Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3996765 times)

The Big Train

Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18475 on: September 11, 2015, 08:07:39 PM »
 :Yuck:

:ksu:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:13:33 PM by The Big Train »

The Big Train

« Reply #18476 on: September 11, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »
 :Wha:

:surprised:

The Big Train

« Reply #18477 on: September 11, 2015, 08:11:13 PM »
thats a dead end bruh

its goes on and on and on and on and on and on  :Wha:

The Big Train

« Reply #18478 on: September 11, 2015, 08:12:51 PM »
dungeon lighting  :Yuck:

i can see the sun  :billdance:

Offline Karlen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18479 on: September 11, 2015, 08:13:02 PM »
Keep em coming. This is great.

The Big Train

« Reply #18480 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:16 PM »
who peed in the pool :barf:

its bottled water  :excited:

The Big Train

« Reply #18481 on: September 11, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
bulletin board

still getting gatorades because there are like a million of them!

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18482 on: September 11, 2015, 08:24:00 PM »
My work break room is, like, a lot nicer than theirs. No goemawing either. And that tile staircase? Woof, home depot clearance says "thanks".
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

The Big Train

« Reply #18483 on: September 11, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
GAME ROOM!

The Big Train

« Reply #18484 on: September 11, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
"ANOTHER recruit sent back their scholarship offer."   :frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18485 on: September 11, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »
we might be witnessing the pinnacle of  choo choo's bbs'n

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18486 on: September 11, 2015, 08:39:22 PM »
I could play this game all night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18487 on: September 11, 2015, 08:41:35 PM »

Full steam ahead
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #18488 on: September 11, 2015, 08:45:55 PM »
@katkid not sure what he is doing with his hands

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18489 on: September 11, 2015, 09:18:01 PM »

going quite well so far
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18490 on: September 11, 2015, 09:36:48 PM »
Great work in this thread by TBT

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18491 on: September 11, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »
Wow. I'm legitimately sad for KU football. I don't know how that guy made that video with a straight face. It looks like a rundown community college.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline DeoKat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18492 on: September 11, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
Wow. I'm legitimately sad for KU football. I don't know how that guy made that video with a straight face. It looks like a rundown community college.

It is where the JCCC grads go, well those that can't get into Pitt State.
When you succeed at Illinois you go to Kansas and when you fail at Illinois, you go to Kansas State

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18493 on: September 11, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »
Who is that guy anyway? Starting QB?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18494 on: September 12, 2015, 01:00:00 AM »
I think that's the new head coach Derek Bradley
emaw

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18495 on: September 12, 2015, 05:04:56 AM »
Now convinced more then ever that the AFC was just an improved old Vanier. 

Again, the fact that so many KU fans consider it state of the art is telling as to how brainwashed they are. 

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18496 on: September 12, 2015, 09:33:40 AM »
:Wha:

:surprised:

Ever taken a photography class?  These pictures are prime examples of what you can do.  The KU weight room shot is taken from a video at eye level, the K-State was professionally taken from floor level.  If you look at them both you can see there is very little difference in the actual weight room but massive difference in the presentation.  The K-State locker room was taken with a wide angle lens.  You really can't compare the two with the provided pics. 

Bottom line is KU can take care of everything with a massive Memorial update and maybe K-State fans even know that, why else would they be over here all the time?  Will KU make those changes?  Who knows, I have zero confidence in Zenger, so it would surprise me.
emaw

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18497 on: September 16, 2015, 04:36:25 PM »
Lots of interesting tidbits.\

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/2015/09/15/sga-privilege-fee-committee-k-state-athletics-discuss-future-funding/

SGA privilege fee committee, K-State Athletics discuss future funding
By Jason Tidd -
Sep 15, 2015
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
John Currie, director of K-State Athletics, during the presentation of the Ring of Honor Inductees at the K-State vs. South Dakota Football game on Sept. 5, 2015 at LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium. The Wildcats dominated the game against the Coyotes 34-0. (File Photo by Cassandra Nguyen | The Collegian)

K-State athletic director John Currie spoke with members of the Student Governing Association’s privilege fee committee about the future of more than $500,000 of funding to the athletic department on Monday.

The athletic department is requesting a three-year extension at the current funding rate. The $500,000 of SGA funding comes from student privilege fees and is 0.71 percent of the athletic department’s $71 million budget.

According to budget data for fiscal year 2015, K-State Athletics recorded a $5 million profit. Revenues were $71 million and expenses were $66 million.

Senators discussed continuing, gradually reducing or eliminating the funding. Privilege fees are awarded on a three-year cycle, there would be an opportunity to reassess the situation later.

Jordan DeLoach, senior in computer science, suggested “meeting at the middle” before making any decisions.

“I think it would be best if we didn’t just arbitrarily decide something here without the other half of this agreement at the table,” DeLoach said. “So, I would almost like to see some more negotiations.”

No actions were taken, but Garrett Kays, committee chairman and senior in agricultural economics, said he would discuss options with the athletics department and university officials before the next committee meeting.

Prior to fiscal year 2014, the athletics department used a three-year process to eliminate all funding from the general K-State budget. K-State is now one of fewer than 20 universities that provides no financial aid to its athletic department, according to a K-State Athletics powerpoint presentation.

Some senators suggested maintaining a smaller amount of funding, but others said the funding could be used better elsewhere, such as tutoring and other student services.

One concern of the senators was a loss of student seating at LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium due to the northeast corner expansion. Estimates provided by Currie project a net loss of 630 student seats. The expansion will connect the Vanier Complex with Section 28 and is estimated to cost $16 million.

Currie said the K-State marching band may relocate to the new corner, once completed. Construction plans include both a design where the band moves and one where it does not.

Data provided by Currie showed that the stadium currently has 7,546 student seats. Only twice has that number been met or exceed since 2010. The 2014 Auburn game had 8,116 students and the 2013 North Dakota State game had 7,846 students.

“If we lose a revenue stream we just have to make it up somewhere else,” Currie said.

One possibility would be an increase in student ticket prices.

Currie said he has no intention of reducing student seating to increase public seating, which would increase ticket revenue. Some senators voiced concerns that future athletics personnel may disagree.

Several senators and Currie expressed interest in avoiding the public relations nightmare that the University of Kansas faced a year ago.

The situation involved the re-allocation of 120 prime seats in Allen Fieldhouse from students to donors. The action was rumored to have been a response by the athletic department to the student government’s cut of $1.1 million in student fee funding.

Currie also provided financial information on several potential projects, in addition to the northeast corner expansion. Plans include a $5 million restroom and concession expansion and $7 million video board and sound system upgrade to LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

The temporary soccer stadium and field will cost $1.5 million and the proposed soccer stadium will cost $3 million to $4 million. A roof replacement at Bramlage Coliseum will cost $1 million to $2 million.

Proposed soccer and baseball clubhouse facilities and upgrades to Tointon Family Stadium do not have financial estimates.

The parking lots need $5 million to $6 million in upgrades, including upgrades to the east parking lot related to use for campus parking.

Currie discussed additional financial pressures on the athletic department.

Deregulation of nutrition rules will cost an estimated $1.2 million for fiscal year 2015, an NCAA board reorganization will cost an estimated $1 million for fiscal year 2016 and the O’Bannon Court Case potentially could cost $1 million for fiscal year 2017.

Currie also said that a Westar utility rate increase will cost an extra $80,000 next year.
RIP Fatty

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: September 16, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »
I love what Curry has done with facilities, but this "we've got to either raise ticket prices, reduce student seating or keep the $500k coming" is bs. This school, rich alumni, and his ability to brand the crap out of "Welcome to K-State!" doesn't exist without students, nor does much of our home field advantage.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18499 on: September 16, 2015, 04:56:40 PM »
Man, that thing was loaded with tidbits.