Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5620886 times)

Offline ManBearTurkey

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #9100 on: April 18, 2013, 12:01:35 PM »
Jimmie Swain, Elijah Lee, and Nick Ramirez would make for quite a trio at the linebacker position. I'm pretty happy that we're putting more effort into recruiting the greater KC area....and mushing Pinkel and Andy Hill along the way.

it's like bill wasn't even trying last year, right? why is hs recruiting this much better, especially considering he's another year older and probably won't coach for another 5 years.

New recruiting coordinator, Andre Coleman and Blake Seiler are awesome. In addition to the Dr Pepper, Stadium Expansion, Nub being in trash conference and MU being MU.

Never underestimate how awesome of humans we've had on the team - DT, Harp, AB, CK, TLBL, Zim, Finney, Walker etc etc.

Still need them to sign though. But things are positive.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: April 18, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »
Jimmie Swain, Elijah Lee, and Nick Ramirez would make for quite a trio at the linebacker position. I'm pretty happy that we're putting more effort into recruiting the greater KC area....and mushing Pinkel and Andy Hill along the way.

it's like bill wasn't even trying last year, right? why is hs recruiting this much better, especially considering he's another year older and probably won't coach for another 5 years.

New recruiting coordinator, Andre Coleman and Blake Seiler are awesome. In addition to the Dr Pepper, Stadium Expansion, Nub being in trash conference and MU being MU.

Never underestimate how awesome of humans we've had on the team - DT, Harp, AB, CK, TLBL, Zim, Finney, Walker etc etc.

Who is the recruiting cordinator now?  Have Coleman and Seiler actually landed any recruits?  I swear I remember seeing that Del Miller was the lead recruiter for a couple of these kids.  Something definitely seems different but it's still early.   

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: April 18, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »

Who is the recruiting cordinator now?  Have Coleman and Seiler actually landed any recruits?  I swear I remember seeing that Del Miller was the lead recruiter for a couple of these kids.  Something definitely seems different but it's still early.   

https://twitter.com/spedbraet
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MobDeep

• Combo-Fan
  • Ball Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: April 18, 2013, 04:38:34 PM »
Damon Sayles ?@DamonSayles 47m
Milton (Ga.) QB A.J. Bush picks up 1st offer from #KState, per @KippLAdams: http://es.pn/Zv7Cee   #KSU #EMAW

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/168611/aj-bush

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: April 18, 2013, 08:24:46 PM »
I had heard that most of the greyshirts have spring birthdays and are young for their class, so they are 6-12 months behind developing. The birthdates aren't up for the ones that just came in, but a quick look at 4 from the year before show birthdays in January, March, May, and June (turned 18 the summer after HS).  Not saying its planned, but it's probably a consideration that there's a chance they may have more growing to do.

I wonder if Bill reads Malcom Gladwell.

I had a similar thought, but in all fairness Bill put in his 10,000 hours a long time ago and probably came to this conclusion independently.

:thumbs:

i'm not going to go try and find it but we've absolutely already discussed this. i can't remember who brought it up and when but we talked about it even down to the gladwell mention.

Took me 20 seconds to find, here you go - http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=18941.0

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #9105 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:41 PM »
#ESPN150 WR Armanti Foreman (@MoneyItHurt) was just offered by #KState. 2nd this week (#Baylor on Tuesday): http://t.co/MqTQZL0prW #txhsfb

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: April 18, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
#ESPN150 WR Armanti Foreman (@MoneyItHurt) was just offered by #KState. 2nd this week (#Baylor on Tuesday): http://t.co/MqTQZL0prW #txhsfb

Yes, please.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: April 19, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »
Oh, #LIFE throwing footballs to @MoneyItHurt would be pretty awesome.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: April 19, 2013, 08:51:38 AM »
Ward?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: April 19, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
Oh, #LIFE throwing footballs to @MoneyItHurt would be pretty awesome.

:love:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: April 19, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »
What a name  :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: April 19, 2013, 09:48:53 AM »
No way we get this guy when he has offers from Texas and Texas A&M, though. :frown:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: April 19, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
No way we get this guy when he has offers from Texas and Texas A&M, though. :frown:
Someone inform him that we have scoreboard on both those teams.  :lynchmob:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: April 19, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
big fan of @MoneyItHurt but we probably don't have a chance  :cry:
emaw

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: April 20, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »
who is @yAttedUpBoy that is saying on twitter he just committed to the Cats?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: April 20, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »
who is @yAttedUpBoy that is saying on twitter he just committed to the Cats?

That late JuCo LB we were talking about earlier - Tyrone Ward

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: April 20, 2013, 09:58:02 PM »
I had heard that most of the greyshirts have spring birthdays and are young for their class, so they are 6-12 months behind developing. The birthdates aren't up for the ones that just came in, but a quick look at 4 from the year before show birthdays in January, March, May, and June (turned 18 the summer after HS).  Not saying its planned, but it's probably a consideration that there's a chance they may have more growing to do.

I wonder if Bill reads Malcom Gladwell.

I had a similar thought, but in all fairness Bill put in his 10,000 hours a long time ago and probably came to this conclusion independently.

i'm not going to go try and find it but we've absolutely already discussed this. i can't remember who brought it up and when but we talked about it even down to the gladwell mention.

It was a manhatter talking point like a year ago.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: April 21, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
deandre goolsby's got a florida offer   :sdeek:

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: April 22, 2013, 12:19:46 AM »
Don't know why this jerk doesn't just decommit already...

Although committed to Kansas State, offensive tackle Robert Castaneda (Round Rock, Texas/Round Rock) ultimately will have a big decision to make.

After taking in the Texas Tech spring game -- an experience he gave the highest marks -- Castaneda said the Red Raiders are high on his recruiting list. Castaneda was one of the estimated 16,000-plus in attendance in Lubbock, Texas, for Saturday’s game, and he, his father and his younger brother all enjoyed the atmosphere and being around coaches and past, present and future Red Raiders.

“It was a 10 ... an easy 10, no question,” Castaneda said of the trip. “It was my second time up there; it was pretty satisfying. The spring game was really phenomenal. I had so much fun hanging out and meeting players.

“I loved the coaches. Their energy, man ... they’re young, hyper and ready to work. They’re just super full of energy.”

Castaneda, a 6-foot-5, 310-pound tackle, is being recruited to Texas Tech by receivers coach Eric Morris, someone Castaneda called “the best recruiter I’ve talked to so far.” While he enjoyed his trip, Castaneda confirmed he’s still committed to Kansas State.

That commitment will be monitored for the time being.

“The trip did make me take a step back and look at things,” Castaneda said. “I talked to my dad, and we had a 1-on-1 conversation at dinner [Saturday] night. It made it a big, broader view on how I feel about Texas Tech. If it keeps going like this, maybe my mind will change.

“Now that spring ball is coming to an end, I’m just going to let things play out and do my thing in high school. I’m just going to let them come to me now.”

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9119 on: April 22, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
Because someone smart is probably telling him to wait and see how KK does his first year.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9120 on: April 22, 2013, 09:56:43 AM »
Don't know why this jerk doesn't just decommit already...

Although committed to Kansas State, offensive tackle Robert Castaneda (Round Rock, Texas/Round Rock) ultimately will have a big decision to make.

After taking in the Texas Tech spring game -- an experience he gave the highest marks -- Castaneda said the Red Raiders are high on his recruiting list. Castaneda was one of the estimated 16,000-plus in attendance in Lubbock, Texas, for Saturday’s game, and he, his father and his younger brother all enjoyed the atmosphere and being around coaches and past, present and future Red Raiders.

“It was a 10 ... an easy 10, no question,” Castaneda said of the trip. “It was my second time up there; it was pretty satisfying. The spring game was really phenomenal. I had so much fun hanging out and meeting players.

“I loved the coaches. Their energy, man ... they’re young, hyper and ready to work. They’re just super full of energy.”

Castaneda, a 6-foot-5, 310-pound tackle, is being recruited to Texas Tech by receivers coach Eric Morris, someone Castaneda called “the best recruiter I’ve talked to so far.” While he enjoyed his trip, Castaneda confirmed he’s still committed to Kansas State.

That commitment will be monitored for the time being.

“The trip did make me take a step back and look at things,” Castaneda said. “I talked to my dad, and we had a 1-on-1 conversation at dinner [Saturday] night. It made it a big, broader view on how I feel about Texas Tech. If it keeps going like this, maybe my mind will change.

“Now that spring ball is coming to an end, I’m just going to let things play out and do my thing in high school. I’m just going to let them come to me now.”

I like the part about the coaches being young and all...........He probably had to wake up Snyder, Hayes, and our OC (can't recal his name off hand, just that he is old like dirt), on his trip............

Let's just cut this loser loose :flush:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »
Coach Swag

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9122 on: April 23, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
Some top250 guy put us in his final 5 ($)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: April 23, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »
We have learned that Kansas State has secured another football commitment for their 2014 class.

However, the young man has asked that we do our best to keep it quiet until he is in town this weekend for the Spring Game so he can notify coaches personally.

When that time arrives, possibly as soon as Friday night or Saturday morning, we will release the information.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: April 23, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »
ARE YOU READY TO SEND AN ENCRYPTED MESSAGE INTO MY ARMS AND JOIN OUR SECRET AGENT FAMILY?!
emaw