Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5760437 times)

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1825 on: February 04, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
BCWilliams71 Brandon Williams
La Marque (DT) Antonio Wright signs LOI to Navarro JC; will head to Kansas State afterwards. #NSD11
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Let's hope his brother commits now
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
WOULD TAKE

New Recruiting Strategy: Offer everyone Tuberville does.

:emawkid:
I would def take his scraps.  Tubs is building a rough ridin' monster down there.  Did you see the rbs he has lined up?  jfc

So im confused...does your secondary allegiance move with a coach? or just Auburn?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1827 on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:24 PM »
WOULD TAKE

New Recruiting Strategy: Offer everyone Tuberville does.

:emawkid:
I would def take his scraps.  Tubs is building a rough ridin' monster down there.  Did you see the rbs he has lined up?  jfc

So im confused...does your secondary allegiance move with a coach? or just Auburn?
Not a TTech fan, I just know how good a coach Tubs is and how lovable he was at Auburn.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1828 on: February 04, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »
<-- Just realized we are playing in Miami, FL this fall and we didn't get any Florida recruits.  :dubious:

Did we even try?

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 04, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
<-- Just realized we are playing in Miami, FL this fall and we didn't get any Florida recruits.  :dubious:

Did we even try?

Yeah but in the next class we will totally get a lot of Florida commits due to the fact that we are playing in this high-profile OOC game. We're about to bust down the Florida recruiting door with a crazy toe-poke kick!! Hi there, Florida? My name is KSU, allow me to introduce myself.

I'd expect to have 5 Florida recruits by October 2011! Right Rusty?!

JUST LIKE ALL THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CRUIT's WE JUST GOT BY PLAYING UCLA THE LAST TWO YEARS!!!! :goodbyecruelworld:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:29:28 PM by Paul Moscow »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: February 04, 2011, 06:07:50 PM »
We got Seau, a juco AA corner, and another 3* corner from California.  Nice job qualifying your Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) post with "southern" California though.  I mean, it's not like we got more recruits from California than any state beside KS, ok, and TX, right?

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 04, 2011, 07:09:41 PM »
We got Seau, a juco AA corner, and another 3* corner from California.  Nice job qualifying your Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) post with "southern" California though.  I mean, it's not like we got more recruits from California than any state beside KS, ok, and TX, right?

JT, you don't even know what I'm referencing.

I'll spell it out for you cause I'm nice though. There are a few people on this board who think that playing in "high profile" games (as if KSU is even capable of that anymore) and scheduling aggressively out of conference, like Prince, opens up recruiting markets and exposure for our program. It is my opinion, that this is not true at least in the Ron Prince iteration. Scheduling Miami, Oregon, Virginia Tech, won't suddenly open up these areas for recruiting. Some would say, "Yeah, Paul, ya douche, but being ESPN never hurt anyone." And they'd be right (not about the douche part). Playing on ESPN is fantastic, I'd love to be on it every wknd. However, simply being on television isn't going to raise your recruiting ability. You have to win those ESPN games every once in a while. Getting stomped on the road in Eugene aka "exposure" wouldn't leave anyone in the Pacific Northwest remembering KSU past Tuesday much less suddenly open up that area for recruiting.

UCLA was my example. We've played them two years straight.  KSU got 2 of the 650+ recruits within 100 miles of LA. One of them a JUCO. I smell pipeline.... :flush:

It's also apparent you've never been west of Salina. You can't get 4 recruits from the largest state in the US (and most prodigous in terms of providing college football talent) and proclaim an ability to recruit there. Every team has 4 california kids on their roster.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:11:59 PM by Paul Moscow »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 04, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
Actually, we have 6 kids currently on the roster from CA and 3 just finished up their eligibility.  And TX produces more D1 talent than CA, we have a shitload of TX kids on our roster.  Florida also produced more D1 player than CA in 2010, we have about a dozen of them on the team.  We don't get a lot of CA kids here because of the large amount of teams recruiting there.  The entire Pac 10 recruits CA heavily, and all are much closer in distance.  We tend to recruit TX much more heavily because we have the added advantages of lessor distances from the recruit's hometowns and the ability of the kids to play games in their home state a few times a year. 

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 04, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »
Brown Brothers + Darious Thomas > any Kansas State recruiting class.

What is the story on Mr. Thomas?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 04, 2011, 10:33:21 PM »

eligible again

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 04, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »

eligible again

this is a positive development.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 04, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »

eligible again

this is a positive development.

yes it is

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 04, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 05, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »
well....we went back a couple times

and how'd that work out

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 05, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »
Secondary, LBs, and DEs could be solid next year.  Hope like hell we can find some DTs.  Boyd redshirted, right?

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 06, 2011, 07:30:20 AM »
Secondary, LBs, and DEs could be solid next year.  Hope like hell we can find some DTs.  Boyd redshirted, right?

Yes, but we still have the dipshit running the show - hopefully talent outweighs Cosh's inability to coach.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 06, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »
We got Seau, a juco AA corner, and another 3* corner from California.  Nice job qualifying your Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) post with "southern" California though.  I mean, it's not like we got more recruits from California than any state beside KS, ok, and TX, right?

JT, you don't even know what I'm referencing.

I'll spell it out for you cause I'm nice though. There are a few people on this board who think that playing in "high profile" games (as if KSU is even capable of that anymore) and scheduling aggressively out of conference, like Prince, opens up recruiting markets and exposure for our program. It is my opinion, that this is not true at least in the Ron Prince iteration. Scheduling Miami, Oregon, Virginia Tech, won't suddenly open up these areas for recruiting. Some would say, "Yeah, Paul, ya douche, but being ESPN never hurt anyone." And they'd be right (not about the douche part). Playing on ESPN is fantastic, I'd love to be on it every wknd. However, simply being on television isn't going to raise your recruiting ability. You have to win those ESPN games every once in a while. Getting stomped on the road in Eugene aka "exposure" wouldn't leave anyone in the Pacific Northwest remembering KSU past Tuesday much less suddenly open up that area for recruiting.

UCLA was my example. We've played them two years straight.  KSU got 2 of the 650+ recruits within 100 miles of LA. One of them a JUCO. I smell pipeline.... :flush:

It's also apparent you've never been west of Salina. You can't get 4 recruits from the largest state in the US (and most prodigous in terms of providing college football talent) and proclaim an ability to recruit there. Every team has 4 california kids on their roster.

Being on national TV will improve your recruiting, but not necessarily in the area of the game you played. It also won't be instant. I don't think anyone in favor of playing one decent OOC a year claims that.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 06, 2011, 08:03:27 AM »
Also, given the fact that our staff openly hates playing difficult games on TV, they more than likely fail to use TV appearances to their advantage, or even have any idea how.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 07, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
interesting look at KC recruits and their decision against teams...

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/02/2629013/top-five-kansas-city-area-football.html

"K-State, I just never had roots here, never visited.”

“I think Kansas State was my third offer, and I actually went up there for a game twice. I liked everyone. My recruiter was really nice, and so was coach Snyder. It was just a different feeling than I got from Kansas, which was a better fit in terms of coaching and me fitting in.
- chunkles

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 07, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
interesting look at KC recruits and their decision against teams...

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/02/2629013/top-five-kansas-city-area-football.html

"K-State, I just never had roots here, never visited.”

“I think Kansas State was my third offer, and I actually went up there for a game twice. I liked everyone. My recruiter was really nice, and so was coach Snyder. It was just a different feeling than I got from Kansas, which was a better fit in terms of coaching and me fitting in.

I like the one that went "if you don't like KU then you don't like K-State."   :ck:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: February 07, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »
kinda lol @ how high school kids think.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 08, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
As a former rush chair for my fraternity (pops collar), I can say with absolute certainty, that all high school seniors are more or less Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 10, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »
http://www.kansascw.com/kscw/news/cik-kstate-the-right-fit-for-burns-20110210,0,822145.story

Burns isn't just looking to play football at K-State. He also wants to make an impact on the campus.

"I saw a lot of opportunities to help for God down there," Burns said.

Heathens beware.  :emawkid:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 10, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »
http://www.kansascw.com/kscw/news/cik-kstate-the-right-fit-for-burns-20110210,0,822145.story

Burns isn't just looking to play football at K-State. He also wants to make an impact on the campus.

This does make it sound like we're a third-world mission field.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 10, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »

Things changed after his official visit to Kansas State.

"I was in [Bill] Snyder's office; when he smiled and shook my hand, I knew," Burns said.

:horrorsurprise:
- chunkles