Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 976992 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 17, 2012, 10:48:56 AM »
I am kind of a dork so I have been going on "Cocky Talk" to follow Frank. There was a thread where the first thing they hoped Frank would bring in would be a pure shooter.

:lol:

You should do for them what the Illinois fans did for us. Just so they don't get their hopes up.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 17, 2012, 10:51:11 AM »

His best teams at Illinois had two PG's on the floor at the same time.

Frank's best team at KSU had two PG's on the floor at the same time, as well. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1102 on: April 17, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »
I am kind of a dork so I have been going on "Cocky Talk" to follow Frank. There was a thread where the first thing they hoped Frank would bring in would be a pure shooter.

You should do for them what the Illinois fans did for us. Just so they don't get their hopes up.

I've posted there and hope to watch them a couple times this season. It's weird, though. No one really cares about getting Frank.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 17, 2012, 10:52:52 AM »

I've posted there and hope to watch them a couple times this season. It's weird, though. No one really cares about getting Frank.

An SEC school not caring about basketball is weird?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 17, 2012, 10:54:27 AM »

it makes me so sad and angry

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 17, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »

An SEC school not caring about basketball is weird?

It's less than I expected considering how good the hire they made was.

Offline davegladow

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eyeblack Odyssey
« Reply #1106 on: April 17, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
They also keep calling him "Coach Martin" which is really, really strange.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 17, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
They also keep calling him "Coach Martin" which is really, really strange.
Are the USC players calling him Frank or Coach Martin? will be interesting if Frank re-invents himself as Coach Martin

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 17, 2012, 04:24:01 PM »
they went back and forth in the thread rusty started arguing about whether they are a football school or a baseball school.

i mean, they just don't deserve what they are getting.

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gomeangreen.com
« Reply #1109 on: April 17, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
Alex Kline ? @TheRecruitScoop
RT @HOOPSrecruits: Kansas St's oscar Weber saw 2013 DFW Elite (TX) PG Kendal Harris yesterday. Missouri, TX Tech & Illinois will also be in.

#123 http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kendal-Harris-116450;_ylt=ArU_Yrz9lI_1JEdUL6KQvFnXO5B4

North Texas had offered.  Take from that what you will.

One thing you could take from it is that we know talent in our area, and we've been able to land top 150 kids.

He's a hell of a talent. Here's his thread from our recruiting forum:
http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/69097-2013-hs-kendal-harris-63-pg/

Seems like Missouri is in the lead for him.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: April 18, 2012, 11:34:46 AM »
Rivals Top 150

37. Ojeleye
66. Rathan-Mayes. This 1 probably went down the drain with Howard not being here.  :frown:
68. Zeigler. I could have sworn he was '14, but if we've got a package deal with his uncle cooking, then the sooner he gets here, the better.
96. Munson. Haven't seen KSU mentioned in connection with him but Weber was previously recruiting him from Illinois. Plus he's from E. St. Louis, if this staff is going to have a wheelhouse, it's probably going to be in STL area.
100. Harris

Wainright is ranked at 32 but ever since it became known he would be running with DC based Team Takeover, I became pretty skeptical of our chances with him. FWIW, he had a Rivals update from yesterday that did not mention KSU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2752

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 18, 2012, 08:15:24 PM »
Has Ojeleye been mentioning us?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 18, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »
Has Ojeleye been mentioning us?

he will more now than he did (steve dave seeing the future)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 18, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
In his latest update, which was just about 1 week after Weber was hired, he did mention KSU. Word around the internets is that Webs will go all in for Semi, we'll see what happens from here.

Semi update, from Illinois site of all places:

"I've been following Illinois. I was recruited a little bit before the coaching staff left, I think it was Coach (Jay) Price, and I'm looking at them a little bit now. They're picking up my recruitment more now. I've liked the program for a while and what they've done in the past. Not this past season, of course."

"UCLA, Kansas State, Wisconsin, Oregon, Oregon State. Those are a few of the ones that come to mind right now."

http://kansasstate.scout.com/2/1174683.html

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
"Schilling's Mac Irvin Fire teammate Kyle Davis was an absolute terror in the open floor. Coming off the bench, Davis provided instant energy and points by helping create turnovers for easy buckets."

This is from the EYBL event in Minnesota this past weekend, MOKAN was 1 of the numerous Nike sponsored programs from across the country that were playing there.

Weber was spotted there scouting prospects. Lowery was in Pittsburgh at the Pitt Jam Fest.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1115 on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:20 AM »
"Schilling's Mac Irvin Fire teammate Kyle Davis was an absolute terror in the open floor. Coming off the bench, Davis provided instant energy and points by helping create turnovers for easy buckets."

This is from the EYBL event in Minnesota this past weekend, MOKAN was 1 of the numerous Nike sponsored programs from across the country that were playing there.

Weber was spotted there scouting prospects. Lowery was in Pittsburgh at the Pitt Jam Fest.

I would love to get an "in" with Mac Irvin.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 22, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »

Nubb has 1 now.  :shakesfist:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205408610

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 22, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »

Nubb has 1 now.  :shakesfist:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205408610

sheesh. but you knew a guy that tweets during games would be more savvy than Weber.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 22, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »
sheesh. but you knew a guy that tweets during games would be more savvy than Weber.

a lot of people forget - the nazis lost the war.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 22, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »
There are two things I know about sys.

1. At age 9, he/she competed in the hammer throw at the Junior Olympic Games, placing 7th.

2. Every year, on August 5th, he/she reads On the Wing: Book Two of Flying: A Trilogy.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 22, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »
There are two things I know about sys.

1. At age 9, he/she competed in the hammer throw at the Junior Olympic Games, placing 7th.

2. Every year, on August 5th, he/she reads On the Wing: Book Two of Flying: A Trilogy.

When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 23, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
Sorry if luke'd. Marcus Lee. Doesn't look like there's much competition to get him.  :lol:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Marcus-Lee-122096

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
Sorry if luke'd. Marcus Lee. Doesn't look like there's much competition to get him.  :lol:

Does anybody else think it's just a little bit interesting that Baylor hasn't offered?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 23, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
Kline:

Kansas State has offered 2013 forward Alex Etherington - the brother of Indiana's Austin Etherington.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »
Lee is a kid who just popped up in the KSU Rivals database a couple months back seeming out of nowhere. I never really saw KSU specifically mentioned in an update, so I'm not sure how great the interest was from either side. Given that and with the way Lee's recruitment has recently blown up, I'm not certain how wise it would be for our new staff to try to move further with this 1.

Here's 1 of those prospects that apparently just popped up as having a KSU offer in the Rivals DB, Marcus Lee 6'8" 200 PF from Antioch, CA, AAU team is Bay Area Hoosiers. 3* NR on Rivals, 90 on ESPN.

I couldn't find any update that specifically states he has a KSU offer, latest update from Rivals sorta mentions KSU, but I'm not certain that's enough to rely on. It does look like he has confirmed offers from Northwestern, Texas, Texas A&M, VCU, and Pepperdine along with strong interest from Stanford, Cal, and Washington. Rivals recently listed him as 1 of "10 prospects worth scouting this Spring"

Again nothing specific regarding KSU(that I could find) but could be a name to watch.