Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 497228 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #3225 on: August 27, 2015, 10:52:18 AM »
i did not know that shotguns were lumped in with auto/semiauto weapons on their "ban" list.

auto and semiauto shotguns.  not autos, semiautos and shotguns.

ah. thanks sys. hey puni how about we throw another shotgun on the barbie? (because we totally could if we were australian)

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: August 27, 2015, 10:53:36 AM »
Apparently an officer was shot at off of K-7 and Prairie Star Parkway in Lenexa.  K-7 blocked off.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/29893076/lenexa-police-seek-gunman-after-officers-patrol-car-hit-by-bullets
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: August 27, 2015, 10:55:10 AM »
i did not know that shotguns were lumped in with auto/semiauto weapons on their "ban" list.

ah. thanks sys. hey puni how about we throw another shotgun on the barbie? (because we totally could if we were australian)

no problem, we just need to register for it and provide a genuine reason to the government to possess it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: August 27, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »
I want to expand on my swipe at Bernie Sanders. I actually don't blame conservatives for our gun issue, I blame liberals. If liberals were truly interested in solving this problem the first thing they should do is to aggressively change the tone of the narrative. The conservatives have done such a great job framing this as a second amendment issue that no one at all even questions it at all. I can't remember any liberal coming out and flatly stating that gun control isn't a second amendment issue, it isn't.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Anything short of banning all guns is 100% constitutional so why don't liberals start the process of changing the conversation. Every single time the second amendment is mentioned when it comes to gun control laws that sentence should be typed/read as I'm sure 90% of Americans have no idea what the second amendment even says.

The reason why liberals aren't more aggressive with this is they are afraid of not being electable and the NRA also has influence within the democratic party. Liberal politicians have the ability to change this country but unfortunately running for a national office, as a liberal, all too often comes with a surgery to remove courage and conviction.

/rant

well, I mean look what happened when they tried to pass a bill that only banned a small number of guns in the wake of a shooting that killed 20 first graders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2013

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:19 AM »
Just passed that on K10.   Exits to k7 north closed.  Bunch of cops.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: August 27, 2015, 11:18:47 AM »
puni, you shouldn't have relented

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: August 27, 2015, 11:21:08 AM »

no problem, we just need to register for it and provide a genuine reason to the government to possess it.

we also have to wait at least 6 months. let's set a date for early next March! (perfect outdoor barbie season in 'stralia)  :cheers:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: August 27, 2015, 11:27:39 AM »
puni, you shouldn't have relented

i owe mocat because he gave me his jam of 14 for me to use as my jam of 15 pretty much for free

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: August 27, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »
let's get back on topic: active shooter at mississippi state!

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: August 27, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
update: shooter apprehended w/o injuries  :Woot:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: August 27, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »
update: shooter apprehended w/o injuries  :Woot:
Link?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: August 27, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
If guns were tightly controlled or illegal, it seems like a million ways would pop up to get them anyways, just like with drugs. I mean, that just seems like common sense but I could totally be wrong and maybe guns and drugs are different

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: August 27, 2015, 01:14:52 PM »
If guns were tightly controlled or illegal, it seems like a million ways would pop up to get them anyways, just like with drugs. I mean, that just seems like common sense but I could totally be wrong and maybe guns and drugs are different

drugs are cheap. guns would not be.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: August 27, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
Although it would help a ton with keeping a disturbed teen who would never have thought to do a mass killing until he saw the gun in his parents closet from maybe doing anything

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: August 27, 2015, 01:16:26 PM »

Thats true

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: August 27, 2015, 01:16:53 PM »
It's like none of you watched lock stock and two smoking barrels. It was like pretty tough for the criminals to get bloody shoota's
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: August 27, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »
It's like none of you watched lock stock and two smoking barrels. It was like pretty tough for the criminals to get bloody shoota's

but it was easier in snatch

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: August 27, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
Although the gun didn't work, so

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: August 27, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »
Cop off K-7 wasn't shot at today.  Stress fracture caused the car window to blow. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: August 27, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »
'They'll find a way to get them anyway' :flush:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: August 27, 2015, 04:15:07 PM »
Well, that speaks to the paranoia of a guy in the middle of the least developed part of lenexa when he immediately thinks of gun shots when his window breaks. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: August 27, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »

Thats true

expanding on the cost issue, it's really difficult to set up a gun factory in your garage compared to a growhouse or meth operation. It's also far easier to smuggle a pound of drugs than a pound of guns, for a variety of reasons.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: August 27, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
I want to expand on my swipe at Bernie Sanders. I actually don't blame conservatives for our gun issue, I blame liberals. If liberals were truly interested in solving this problem the first thing they should do is to aggressively change the tone of the narrative. The conservatives have done such a great job framing this as a second amendment issue that no one at all even questions it at all. I can't remember any liberal coming out and flatly stating that gun control isn't a second amendment issue, it isn't.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Anything short of banning all guns is 100% constitutional so why don't liberals start the process of changing the conversation. Every single time the second amendment is mentioned when it comes to gun control laws that sentence should be typed/read as I'm sure 90% of Americans have no idea what the second amendment even says.

The reason why liberals aren't more aggressive with this is they are afraid of not being electable and the NRA also has influence within the democratic party. Liberal politicians have the ability to change this country but unfortunately running for a national office, as a liberal, all too often comes with a surgery to remove courage and conviction.

/rant

well, I mean look what happened when they tried to pass a bill that only banned a small number of guns in the wake of a shooting that killed 20 first graders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2013

Conviction in things that matter aren't easy, Congress draws a salary. There were 15 coward democrats were more beholden to Special interests than their constituents. All 15 should have been recalled.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: August 27, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »

I posted two different links that had hard data refuting this. Nearly all of these mass murders are committed by people who can or do carry legally. This talking point only has legs because people are afraid of gang members that they never see killing off all of white America, as if we're in some race/class war. The bottom line is that white middle and upper class citizens are more comfortable arming unstable people who have no business carrying guns than the thug boogeyman that 95% of people in this country never see.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: August 27, 2015, 04:32:55 PM »
it's really difficult to set up a gun factory in your garage compared to a growhouse or meth operation. It's also far easier to smuggle a pound of drugs than a pound of guns, for a variety of reasons.

this is what i was asking about earlier