Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234337 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1625 on: September 01, 2014, 06:56:14 PM »
Isn't getting people to the polls, regardless of the impetus, good for democracy?

They don't go to the polls, the community organizers register them to vote then do absentee ballots straight line D for them in perpetuity.

Why don't republicans do the same?

Not sure other than it's illegal and immoral.

It must not be enforced too much or you wouldn't be worried about it. I say give it a shot.
It must not happen too much (read almost never) or it would be enforced. Voter fraud is a conservative myth.

Interesting.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: September 01, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
the liberal media just doesn't report it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: September 01, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
That must be it.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1628 on: September 01, 2014, 08:05:24 PM »
Isn't getting people to the polls, regardless of the impetus, good for democracy?

They don't go to the polls, the community organizers register them to vote then do absentee ballots straight line D for them in perpetuity.

If you think this sort of proxy system is good for democracy, then you're rough ridin' crazy.
Link? Or are you just confusing the Chris Farley classic, Black Sheep with reality?

Bro, do you even ACORN?
You mean the organization that hasn't even existed since 2010? Topical stuff here.  :facepalm:

It's called Action United or something now, and is run by the same people doing the same thing. If a bunch of right wingers were out at retirement homes enlisting the barely lucid, you'd be throwing a fit.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: September 01, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »

Why don't republicans do the same?

Not sure other than it's illegal and immoral.

It must not be enforced too much or you wouldn't be worried about it. I say give it a shot.

I bet it would be if republicans did it. Democrat AG and all.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »
So it was unacceptable for the people of Ferguson to peaceably assemble and the cops had every right to disperse the crowd.  So then when the people of Ferguson want to affect political change through voting that is also poo poo'd. 

It is almost as if there is a group of people in America that feel disenfranchised because other people think they should have no say in our democracy.

The shooting and aftermath are not a Democrat versus Republican issue.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 01, 2014, 08:40:17 PM »
So it was unacceptable for the people of Ferguson to peaceably assemble and the cops had every right to disperse the crowd.  So then when the people of Ferguson want to affect political change through voting that is also poo poo'd. 

It is almost as if there is a group of people in America that feel disenfranchised because other people think they should have no say in our democracy.

The shooting and aftermath are not a Democrat versus Republican issue.

I agree.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 01, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »
Democracy and Justice are punchlines to Democrats. They don't give a crap about either.  It's all about what's best for them and how to garner the most power possible. The sociopathic post hoc rationalization is pathetic and, if it weren't for the need to fool a few voters, unnecessary for everyone involved.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 01, 2014, 09:20:01 PM »
Democracy and Justice are punchlines to Democrats. They don't give a crap about either.  It's all about what's best for them and how to garner the most power possible. The sociopathic post hoc rationalization is pathetic and, if it weren't for the need to fool a few voters, unnecessary for everyone involved.
Red Map
Super PACs
Voter IDs

Get off the conservative talking points memo and realize your boys are just as bad if not worse for American democracy.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 01, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:07 PM »
Oh look, another thread of Republicans vs Democrats. About time we had one

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 01, 2014, 10:51:12 PM »

Again, the shooting and it's aftermath should not be a political issue. Democrats are trying to make it one. That's just a fact, and I was just pointing it out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 01, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »

Again, the shooting and it's aftermath should not be a political issue. Democrats are trying to make it one. That's just a fact, and I was just pointing it out.

Yes, always the Democrats (or Republicans) fault.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 02, 2014, 09:02:49 AM »

I was expecting better excuses than just a vague "well, the Republicans do it, too." So far, the best spin I've heard is "just another voter registration effort" and even that's pretty weak. You guys are really mailing it in at this point, or maybe there's just no excusing the inexcusable.

Democrats: Hey black people! Are you angry that Michael Brown got shot 'cause racism? Then you should totally go to the polls and vote this November for us - the Democrats!

Republicans: Wait, aren't the Democrats responsible for a lot of things irreparably harming poor and minority Americans, like mass importation/employment of unskilled labor, stifling school choice, the largest genocide by abortion in history, and destruction of the family unit by expansion of welfare?

Democrats: Don't listen to that pack of racists! We're the party of Barack Obama!

Republicans: We're the party of Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Ben Carson, Alan West, and many other black political figures.

Democrats: Buncha Uncle Toms! You're our voters!

Republicans: That sounds kind of like slavery...

Democrats: Raaaaacists!

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 02, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
LOL

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 02, 2014, 09:11:59 AM »
Parties appeal to their bases. Don't know why this is shocking to anyone. I'm at work, but both sides politicize issues for their own gain.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 02, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »

I was expecting better excuses than just a vague "well, the Republicans do it, too." So far, the best spin I've heard is "just another voter registration effort" and even that's pretty weak. You guys are really mailing it in at this point, or maybe there's just no excusing the inexcusable.

Democrats: Hey black people! Are you angry that Michael Brown got shot 'cause racism? Then you should totally go to the polls and vote this November for us - the Democrats!

Republicans: Wait, aren't the Democrats responsible for a lot of things irreparably harming poor and minority Americans, like mass importation/employment of unskilled labor, stifling school choice, the largest genocide by abortion in history, and destruction of the family unit by expansion of welfare?

Democrats: Don't listen to that pack of racists! We're the party of Barack Obama!

Republicans: We're the party of Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Ben Carson, Alan West, and many other black political figures.

It seems like you think republicans have a pretty good appeal to black voters. Have republicans ever made an effort to get this message to blacks? Why hasn't it been successful?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 02, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »

It seems like you think republicans have a pretty good appeal to black voters. Have republicans ever made an effort to get this message to blacks? Why hasn't it been successful?

1. Yes, of course they have.
2. Don't know, but I would speculate that it is because Democrats have done such an effective job pushing the victimhood/entitlement drug over the decades. There are obvious individual exceptions (e.g., the folks I named above and many, many more), but unfortunately, the black population as a whole, as a voting demographic, appears to have long since gone over the tipping point due to poor education, fatherless family structure, and dependency on welfare. Americans as a whole may be headed down the same road, which is obviously very troubling.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 02, 2014, 11:28:09 AM »

2. Don't know, but I would speculate that it is because Democrats have done such an effective job pushing the victimhood/entitlement drug over the decades. There are obvious individual exceptions (e.g., the folks I named above and many, many more), but unfortunately, the black population as a whole, as a voting demographic, appears to have long since gone over the tipping point due to poor education, fatherless family structure, and dependency on welfare. Americans as a whole may be headed down the same road, which is obviously very troubling.

Do republicans have any solutions to improving education beyond "school choice"? I think improving on that message would be a good first step.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 02, 2014, 11:45:39 AM »

Do republicans have any solutions to improving education beyond "school choice"? I think improving on that message would be a good first step.

First, :lol: at the thought that the black demographic is somehow on the fence and is just waiting for Republicans to offer a better message on improving education. The Democrats quite publicly killed the DC voucher program (it was even reported somewhat fairly by most media outlets), and I would bet you that a good 99% of black DC residents continue to vote Democrat.

Second, poor eduction is mostly the result of the breakdown of the family. If kids don't have role models and a home environment conducive to learning, they're at a massive disadvantage. Republicans understand this, and also understand that simply throwing money at the problem solves nothing. But if Republicans say this, "they have no solutions."

Republicans have offered many solutions to improving education. In addition to giving kids an opportunity to get out of shitty schools with vouchers, Republicans have also advocated for getting rid of shitty teachers by breaking up unions and their "RIF lists", making it easier to fire them, etc. Scott Walker was a big proponent of this, and the Democrats staged a recall election in response.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 02, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
Second, poor eduction is mostly the result of the breakdown of the family. If kids don't have role models and a home environment conducive to learning, they're at a massive disadvantage.

Has there been some sort of scientific study that supports this statement?

Also, :D

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 02, 2014, 11:59:05 AM »
Republicans have offered many solutions to improving education. In addition to giving kids an opportunity to get out of shitty schools with vouchers, Republicans have also advocated for getting rid of shitty teachers by breaking up unions and their "RIF lists", making it easier to fire them, etc. Scott Walker was a big proponent of this, and the Democrats staged a recall election in response.

I'll ask about these, too. Mods, maybe start a republican solution to poor education thread.

Vouchers: what happens to the kids who don't get out of shitty schools? eff 'em?

Getting rid of shitty teachers: How do you propose attracting non-shitty teachers to replace the shitty ones?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »
Second, poor eduction is mostly the result of the breakdown of the family. If kids don't have role models and a home environment conducive to learning, they're at a massive disadvantage.

Come on man, when you ask for a "scientific study" to prove something that's just so common sense, you just sound silly. I guess google it if you really need to - I'm sure something will pop up. In the meantime, I'll go off common sense, my own experience as both a student and a parent, and the experience of my gradeschool teacher friend who tells me "funny, the kids with parents who actually bother to show up to the parent-teacher nights do better at school."

But if home environment does not play a role in learning, then boy those teachers have really been wasting our time with that "homework" thing. :rolleyes:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »
That's a long-winded way of saying there's no evidence of what you're saying is factual.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 02, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »

Come on man, when you ask for a "scientific study" to prove something that's just so common sense, you just sound silly. I guess google it if you really need to - I'm sure something will pop up. In the meantime, I'll go off common sense, my own experience as both a student and a parent, and the experience of my gradeschool teacher friend who tells me "funny, the kids with parents who actually bother to show up to the parent-teacher nights do better at school."

But if home environment does not play a role in learning, then boy those teachers have really been wasting our time with that "homework" thing. :rolleyes:

I think everything plays a role in learning. You said: "poor eduction is mostly the result of the breakdown of the family". Family structure is definitely part of that but so is income, neighborhood, nutrition, peer group, teachers, after school and summer activities, etc., etc., etc.

I personally think a rich kid in a single-parent household is far more likely to succeed in education and life than a poor kid with married parents in a shitty neighborhood with shitty teachers and friends, but maybe that's just me.