Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1058513 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5250 on: October 17, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »
The biggest difference between the perpetual Obama butthurt and anger towards trump is that Obama gave almost no reason to be angry at him and trump gives almost no reason to not be angry at him
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: October 17, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »
I think a president Romney might have generated a lot of irrational liberal butthurt. Or even a president Jeb!. You have to be irrational to support Donald, though.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: October 17, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
If I wanted to achieve sweeping conservative reforms I would be mad at Trump because the only bright spot is his postential to remake the Court. Other than that he has been a disaster, he hasn't achieved anything.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: October 17, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »
Remember how jd couldn't go two posts without getting angry at Obama's "massive ego"?  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: October 17, 2017, 01:43:19 PM »
I don't get why evangelicals aren't pushing for impeachment. It has to be frustrating to have their guy right there, not able to do anything, getting mocked for praying...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: October 17, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
If I wanted to achieve sweeping conservative reforms I would be mad at Trump because the only bright spot is his postential to remake the Court. Other than that he has been a disaster, he hasn't achieved anything.

First "his potential to remake the Court" is a big deal. Like, the SINGLE BIGGEST deal of them all. I'm not sure how many people understand this. It makes up for a lot of disappointment.

Second, you are correct that Trump has otherwise been remarkably ineffective (if you discount booming consumer confidence and markets, and rolling back at least some of Obama's onerous environmental and labor regs), but this is more a problem with the horribly incompetent and corrupt GOP congress. Could Trump do a better job of leading the congress? Maybe, but doubtful. I don't think there was ever a chance of bringing senators like McCain and Collins around.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: October 17, 2017, 02:03:41 PM »
Could Trump do a better job of leading the congress? Maybe, but doubtful.

:lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: October 17, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »

First "his potential to remake the Court" is a big deal. Like, the SINGLE BIGGEST deal of them all. I'm not sure how many people understand this. It makes up for a lot of disappointment.

Second, you are correct that Trump has otherwise been remarkably ineffective (if you discount booming consumer confidence and markets, and rolling back at least some of Obama's onerous environmental and labor regs), but this is more a problem with the horribly incompetent and corrupt GOP congress. Could Trump do a better job of leading the congress? Maybe, but doubtful. I don't think there was ever a chance of bringing senators like McCain and Collins around.
The idiocy of claiming economic growth as your own after 9 months in office and no changes made is pretty much the biggest LOL...like the single biggest LOL

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: October 17, 2017, 02:07:41 PM »

I think there is a case that some Republican Senators aren't persuadable, but it is very easy to make the case that Trump could be doing a better job of leading the Congress.  Come on.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: October 17, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »
I don't get why evangelicals aren't pushing for impeachment. It has to be frustrating to have their guy right there, not able to do anything, getting mocked for praying...

This.  of all his base, they should be the most letdown

The Big Train

« Reply #5260 on: October 17, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »

The idiocy of claiming economic growth as your own after 9 months in office and no changes made is pretty much the biggest LOL...like the single biggest LOL

He’s been claiming it since like his first month in office :lol:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: October 17, 2017, 06:00:57 PM »
#Silverback is accurately taking credit for increases in consumer confidence, rising stock market, and lowering unemployment, however these good things have happened in expectation of his platform being implemented.  For this success to stick in its entirety and grow further the congress will have to pass his tax bill, repeal ocare, build a wall, etc.  Without these things the economy could slow and markets could fall back.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: October 17, 2017, 06:06:28 PM »
A lot of investment money sat on the sidelines during the Obama years fearing what policy he might institute and already implemented.  Trumps platform gave investors confidence to risk their money again.
Sad but true.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: October 17, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »
#Silverback is accurately taking credit for increases in consumer confidence

On a steady upward trend since 2013
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-29/u-s-consumer-confidence-reaches-second-highest-level-since-2000

rising stock market

S&P & Dow YoY gains every year of past administration after the banking crisis (caused by republican policies like less regulation on financial institutions)
https://ycharts.com/indicators/sandp_500_total_return_annual
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia/charts

and lowering unemployment

also been improving throughout Obama term...although this is a fake number according to Trump
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/07/us-reported-4-5-unemployment-rate-but-realistic-number-is-higher.html

however these good things have happened in expectation of his platform being implemented

Everyone must have had these expectations as far back as 2012 knowing Trump was on his way. 

It's just so effing dumb to claim these economic numbers are all Trump's doing given what was already going on. ...just like it's dumb for Obama to claim all those good numbers just because they happened during his term....he got the bar lowered by so much at the beginning of his term, it was impossible to not have the economy improve under his watch.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5264 on: October 17, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »
Phil, just stop.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5265 on: October 17, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »
Thanks FSD.  Always the voice of reason.

The Big Train

« Reply #5266 on: October 17, 2017, 07:10:05 PM »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: October 17, 2017, 08:20:32 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #5268 on: October 17, 2017, 08:30:08 PM »
KSUW approves.  No need to have any decency whatsoever.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: October 17, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »
I'm surprised at how delusional the libtards remain about obama. He was completely ineffective with supermajorities in congress, and his stupidity and political naivete disempowered the democrats at warp speed. You really think that pencil necked social worker was cool??? :lol:

Crediting him or his administration with anything positive about the economy is laughable and completely unfounded.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: October 17, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »
He is such a piece of crap.

The Big Train

The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5271 on: October 17, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »
I'm surprised at how delusional the libtards remain about obama. He was completely ineffective with supermajorities in congress, and his stupidity and political naivete disempowered the democrats at warp speed. You really think that pencil necked social worker was cool :lol:

Crediting him or his administration with anything positive about the economy is laughable and completely unfounded.

He passed the ACA, correct?  That’s a pretty significant piece of legislation.  Whether you like it or not he passed a major bill, something Trump hasn’t, won’t, or ever do.  The reason?  Trump is a complete rough ridin' idiot who wrote a book about a complete lie, The art of the deal.  There is no deal.

Trump has complete party control of every form of government and hasn’t done a rough ridin' thing.  I always knew you had a small IQ but square root and  it has an ‘i’ appended after it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:12:43 PM by The Big Train »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: October 17, 2017, 09:10:08 PM »
The amazing thing is Trump absolutely despises cucks who think they will realize some material benefit from Trump, but in the end will get nothing except more resentment. Trump doesn't care about the troops, he thinks religious people are rubes to be mocked, he doesn't care about almost all of the issues that most republicans hold dear. But liberal tears and tweeting at people are enough for most of the nihilists on here and probably enough for America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: October 17, 2017, 09:12:39 PM »
The ACA  :lol:

The Big Train

« Reply #5274 on: October 17, 2017, 09:13:29 PM »