Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1047506 times)

The Big Train

Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5300 on: October 17, 2017, 10:40:51 PM »
False facts are a staple of the uninformed tho.  You get a pass for so long, but after a grace period, it’s willful ignorance.

The Big Train

« Reply #5301 on: October 17, 2017, 10:41:10 PM »
Time has passed.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: October 17, 2017, 10:42:39 PM »
Yes, that's actually one of the dumb posts I was referring to. To simply say "eh, markets steadily improved under Obama" completely discounts the staggering boost in consumer and investor confidence under Trump.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: October 17, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »
Also TBT, it should be remembered (because it happened in the last 24 hours) that you lost your crap over a Trump joke about Mike Pence and the liberal crazies who hate him (like you). You are exactly the kind of deranged liberal I'm talking about.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5304 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:45 PM »
So that’s the other parties fault?

*Party's????

I don't have time to explain why everything you are posting is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), or to educate you on rudimentary matters of civics, and don't care to, in any event.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/party

I mean I don’t have time to educate you on how to spell parties but here we are.  I am trying to explain reason but you are seriously too obtuse to accept or even recognize it.

:Chirp:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5305 on: October 17, 2017, 10:51:21 PM »
It's TBTies fault
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: October 17, 2017, 10:58:37 PM »
Sigh... Ok liberals, or anyone who claims Obama was way better for the economy than Trump, I'd like you to consider how the stock market responded to Obama versus Trump. The market isn't really a metric of economic health, per se, but is a pretty good metric of economic confidence. Consider the DJIA on the following auspicious dates:

November 4, 2008 (election day): 9,625
November 5, 2009 (the next day): 9,139 (the market plummets 486 points - that is incredible)
October 13, 2009 (342 days later): 9,871 (732 points up from 11/5)

November 6, 2012 (election day): 13,246
November 7, 2012 (the next day): 12,933 (the market plummets 313 points - ouch)

November 8, 2016 (election day): 18,363
November 9, 2016 (the next day): 18,590 (the market leaps by 227 - weird....)
October 17, 2017 (342 days later): 22,997 (4,407 point gain)

Ok, so key takeaways:
1. The markets did quite well under Obama, gaining 9,224 points from his election to Trump's election.
2. But investors sure hated Obama being elected in general, punishing the markets the day after both his elections.
3. By contrast, investors loved Trump's election, adding 227 points the day he was elected.
4. And most staggering of all, the markets have added 4,407 points in the 342 days since Trump was elected.

That's right, in less than one year under Trump, the markets have surged by nearly half the points it took Obama 8 years to gain.

None of this was hard to look up. It was actually really easy.

Just in case this was overlooked what with all of TBT's moronic blather. Amazing.

The Big Train

« Reply #5307 on: October 17, 2017, 11:01:22 PM »
Yes, that's actually one of the dumb posts I was referring to. To simply say "eh, markets steadily improved under Obama" completely discounts the staggering boost in consumer and investor confidence under Trump.

:lol:

Trump silently told every single investor of every single stock that has risen(but not that has fallen, he knew better) to SLOWLY rise.  NOT too much or it would look like Obama... but ever so slightly for 4 years.

November 2016 comes...
Trump says: “Arise every simple slow investor I told about this 4 years ago!  Throw that money into it now!” 

:lol:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: October 17, 2017, 11:02:53 PM »
Sigh... Ok liberals, or anyone who claims Obama was way better for the economy than Trump, I'd like you to consider how the stock market responded to Obama versus Trump. The market isn't really a metric of economic health, per se, but is a pretty good metric of economic confidence. Consider the DJIA on the following auspicious dates:

November 5, 2009 (the next day): 9,139 (the market plummets 486 points - that is incredible)

Ok, so key takeaways:
1. The markets did quite well under Obama, gaining 9,224 points from his election to Trump's election.
2. But investors sure hated Obama being elected in general, punishing the markets the day after both his elections.
3. By contrast, investors loved Trump's election, adding 227 points the day he was elected.
4. And most staggering of all, the markets have added 4,407 points in the 342 days since Trump was elected.

That's right, in less than one year under Trump, the markets have surged by nearly half the points it took Obama 8 years to gain.

I don’t really have time to educate you on how investing works, but I think you know enough about it to know that the type of jumps you’re describing are pretty poor indicators of consumer confidence.

DOW futures fell through the floor the night Trump got elected (we’re talking like 9/11 levels) and the market hit an all time high 48 hours later.  There was a similar pattern surrounding Brexit. The market doesn’t react rationally, and some people are simply gambling on the mistakes of other investors.

The Big Train

« Reply #5309 on: October 17, 2017, 11:03:54 PM »

Ok, so key takeaways:

Just in case this was overlooked what with all of TBT's moronic blather. Amazing.

Just in case the actual links to facts were overlooked, here they are.  Don’t want to misinform by not providing facts as per usual.

Wrong thread

Appears to be the right thread based on a number of dumb liberal posts in the last two pages.

You apparently can’t read because this was within the last 2 pages

#Silverback is accurately taking credit for increases in consumer confidence

On a steady upward trend since 2013
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-29/u-s-consumer-confidence-reaches-second-highest-level-since-2000

rising stock market

S&P & Dow YoY gains every year of past administration after the banking crisis (caused by republican policies like less regulation on financial institutions)
https://ycharts.com/indicators/sandp_500_total_return_annual
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia/charts

and lowering unemployment

also been improving throughout Obama term...although this is a fake number according to Trump
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/07/us-reported-4-5-unemployment-rate-but-realistic-number-is-higher.html

however these good things have happened in expectation of his platform being implemented

Everyone must have had these expectations as far back as 2012 knowing Trump was on his way. 

It's just so effing dumb to claim these economic numbers are all Trump's doing given what was already going on. ...just like it's dumb for Obama to claim all those good numbers just because they happened during his term....he got the bar lowered by so much at the beginning of his term, it was impossible to not have the economy improve under his watch.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5310 on: October 18, 2017, 12:15:39 AM »
“He knew what he signed up for … but when it happens it hurts anyway.”
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: October 18, 2017, 06:47:49 AM »
Good Lord the moderates around here are unhinged.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: October 18, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
Idiotic. I even said Obama claiming all that economic growth over 8 years was stupid....not quite as dumb as Trump trying to do so after 9 months but here we are people "not wanting Trump" carrying that water.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: October 18, 2017, 07:09:47 AM »
When I took economics, I learned that the President has almost nothing to do with the performance of the economy. No one ever talks like that, though.

:dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: October 18, 2017, 07:16:42 AM »
Idiotic. I even said Obama claiming all that economic growth over 8 years was stupid....not quite as dumb as Trump trying to do so after 9 months but here we are people "not wanting Trump" carrying that water.

I never said Trump (or Obama) deserves complete credit for gains in the market. And I also said the market is less a measure of economic health than it is confidence. It's very easy to just read what I said. It is simply undeniable that Trump's election has been a massive boost to consumer and investor confidence. Over 4000 points in less than a year. That is historic.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: October 18, 2017, 07:24:53 AM »
I guess we’ll just see if you also pin the market correction that is inevitably coming on Trump as well.

The Big Train

« Reply #5316 on: October 18, 2017, 07:26:32 AM »
I guess we’ll just see if you also pin the market correction that is inevitably coming on Trump as well.

Won’t ever happen. Dear leader only gets credit for wins.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: October 18, 2017, 07:32:19 AM »
I already pinned the correction on the obstruction of establishment politicians not passing the Silverback agenda.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: October 18, 2017, 07:34:20 AM »
Yeah idiots, 27 has already given excuses
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: October 18, 2017, 07:50:22 AM »

I never said Trump (or Obama) deserves complete credit for gains in the market. And I also said the market is less a measure of economic health than it is confidence. It's very easy to just read what I said. It is simply undeniable that Trump's election has been a massive boost to consumer and investor confidence. Over 4000 points in less than a year. That is historic.
It's POTUS that keeps making those claims about stock market gains and how that's wiping out the debt. You sit here whistling past the graveyard on him talking about "I didn't want him, he's better than Hillary...BUT look at all the great he has done". It's silytown.

I do not deny that some confidence levels have increase with the dream of zero regulations and no taxes.  Much of it also comes from lower energy prices (not Trump) and low unemployment (not  Trump).

No idea where "over 4000 points" comes from or is even in reference to.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: October 18, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »

It's POTUS that keeps making those claims about stock market gains and how that's wiping out the debt. You sit here whistling past the graveyard on him talking about "I didn't want him, he's better than Hillary...BUT look at all the great he has done". It's silytown.

I do not deny that some confidence levels have increase with the dream of zero regulations and no taxes.  Much of it also comes from lower energy prices (not Trump) and low unemployment (not  Trump).

Cheap energy helps any President.  Clinton benefitted from it.  Also energy independence has helped.  Yes, wind and solar included, but primarily fossil fuel.  Trump has ended the war on fossil fuels and got rid of business killing regulations.  There will be a stock correction, but low if tax reform happens and inflation is low.   One ignoramus move by Trump could send the economy into a horrible tailspin that we could not get out of.  Why?  No one would rally to aid Trump.  He is hated and despised.  But most of all most believe he is off in the head, and do not trust him as far as you can throw a bull elephant. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: October 18, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »

It's like you could accurately label trump a "confidence man"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: October 18, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »

Cheap energy helps any President.  Clinton benefitted from it.  Also energy independence has helped.  Yes, wind and solar included, but primarily fossil fuel.  Trump has ended the war on fossil fuels and got rid of business killing regulations.  There will be a stock correction, but low if tax reform happens and inflation is low.   One ignoramus move by Trump could send the economy into a horrible tailspin that we could not get out of.  Why?  No one would rally to aid Trump.  He is hated and despised.  But most of all most believe he is off in the head, and do not trust him as far as you can throw a bull elephant.
You honestly believe Trump has ended the war on fossil fuel that it has changed the fundamental working of the fossil fuel manufacturing process and impacted the economy....in 9 months.  Point me to the specific legislation or EO signed and dated signed you think did this.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: October 18, 2017, 10:40:40 AM »
Phil you're turning a very simple, basic, and limited point I made and blowing it up into something much larger that you can attack. And the 4000 points reference is to the increase in the DJIA since Trump was elected. It was a really simple observation concerning consumer and investor confidence going through the roof. That's it.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: October 18, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
Phil you're turning a very simple, basic, and limited point I made and blowing it up into something much larger that you can attack. And the 4000 points reference is to the increase in the DJIA since Trump was elected. It was a really simple observation concerning consumer and investor confidence going through the roof. That's it.
Gotcha.