Author Topic: Official P90X thread  (Read 33097 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: Official P90X thread
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2010, 10:19:42 AM »
How is everyone done?

I purposefully missed my first workout yesterday.  I wanted to get on a schedule where I wasn't doing 1.5 hrs of Yoga-X on Fridays.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
srsly just bought this. Know a dude at work that did it and is already flexing gloriously beneath waterfalls while eating tasty, meat-based omelets. Hung pull up bar this afternoon and cranked out a good 5-6 reps just to prime the pump for tomorrow. Also, already kind of hate myself for jumping on "fad".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »
i'm cheap, still waiting on my tax return before i buy it.  heard lots of good things from the people i know personally that use it.

i'm ready to start the doug gottlieb challenge!    :gocho:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »
peeps on bodybuilding.com said Beachbody Insanity is harder than P90X, does not use any other equipment though.

Offline Jmo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 01:56:49 PM »
peeps on bodybuilding.com said Beachbody Insanity is harder than P90X, does not use any other equipment though.

Started my first day of Insanity today.  It was pretty intense.  Anybody else tried it?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2010, 06:51:26 PM »
Yes, me.  I did it for a week before spring break, but then I ate like a rough ridin' hog last week, so I am re-starting it 2 morrow.

Also, I lifted on the 7th day instead of resting, so sore  :frown:

Offline ksu_FANw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »
I  freaked when I saw Pullen doing Mason Twists from ab ripper with a weight in the K-State Confidential video. Those are my favorites, but not with a weight.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »
Yes, me.  I did it for a week before spring break, but then I ate like a fracking hog last week, so I am re-starting it 2 morrow.

this. just got done with chest and back after like, two weeks of trans fats, beer, and recliners.

:barf:   <---- almost me two hours ago

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2010, 11:52:47 PM »
Went for 52 days last spring then just kind of stopped.  im fat again.  didnt do the drink or diet plan, just ate healthy and did the workouts.  its really hard to work out every day.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »
I  freaked when I saw Pullen doing Mason Twists from ab ripper with a weight in the K-State Confidential video. Those are my favorites, but not with a weight.

Just did those for first time yesterday. Am pathetically terrible at them.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »
Please let me know when one of you guys quits and sticks this crap in the closet.  I'll buy for $12.  I will then proceed to use and then quit myself and give to a fat friend for a birthday present.  I'll tell them it was kick ass or something.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ksu_FANw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »
Please let me know when one of you guys quits and sticks this crap in the closet.  I'll buy for $12.  I will then proceed to use and then quit myself and give to a fat friend for a birthday present.  I'll tell them it was kick ass or something.

It's just a Matter of Size
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:23:22 PM by ksu_FANw »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
YAY!  I got my tax refund today, so I'm gonna order this crap.

I think I asked earlier in the thread, but I'm too lazy to look for it....is it a better deal to buy all the accessories through their website, or go to wal-mart or something? 

Also, does it tell you what you need?  Because they have tons of different gear on their site, but I'm not sure what I need.  Also remember you guys talking about a supplement or something.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2010, 02:44:06 PM »
Nevermind, answered my own question.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »
It tells you what you need. On day five right now. Like it so far (but have like 85 days to go or whatever).

Biggest complaint is that the dude is really annoying and occasionally creepy on the tapes.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »
so i quit P90X and started P100X yesterday.  man, i'm going to be so much buffer and stuff than you P90X dumbasses.   :gocho:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2010, 01:37:46 PM »
so i quit P90X and started P100X yesterday.  man, i'm going to be so much buffer and stuff than you P90X dumbasses.   :gocho:

lol

so lame

Have already upgraded to P90x²

But srsly, just finished first week. Didnt really change my diet or anything (but I already eat decent aside from drinking too many cocktails). Don't know how it happened, but I lost 3 lbs and an inch (at least) off my waist. Pretty awesome. Plus, the quality curve of my donkey kicks and Groucho walks are freaking off the chart.

Also, Kenpo makes me think of Kenpom, which brings me some level of zen.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »
Tony Horton emailed me and told me that I'd be getting it on Saturday.   :gocho:

I'm going to be able to type so hard on my keyboard, that when you read my posts YOUR keyboard will explode.

Offline Doomagon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2010, 08:18:57 PM »
Just finished day two. Doing ab ripper x can make a guy feel pathetic.  :cry:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »

Lol.

I could barely do a single Mason Twist the first day. Cranked out 30 by Day 8.

BTW, the part where he does the raptor walk and goes "Ab...ripper....X" only gets more and more annoying.

Offline Doomagon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »

Lol.

I could barely do a single Mason Twist the first day. Cranked out 30 by Day 8.

BTW, the part where he does the raptor walk and goes "Ab...ripper....X" only gets more and more annoying.

Found this very awkward aswell. Do you guys actually do the yoga one? I shut it off half way through because it seemed pointless. Maybe I could just substitute it with cardio or polymetrics. My goal isn't to be more flexible I just want to lost my beer belly.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »
the whole point of p90x is to keep your body guessing.  so yoga is just as big a part of it as abs or whatever.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2010, 07:31:47 PM »
Just did day 1.

eff YOU, TONY HORTON.

jfc, i hurt.

Offline Doomagon

• Fan
    • View Profile