Author Topic: Official P90X thread  (Read 34062 times)

cowbell17

Re: Official P90X thread
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »
Just received the P90X kit and pretty fired up about getting started.  Unfortunately I fractured a rib doing some heavy leg presses (I know... How the hell do you do that?).  Gotta wait about 4-6 more weeks to get started on the program which is killing me!!  Have alot of muscle size already from a lot of free weight work, but need to tighten up the dieting side of things and lose the beer belly for summer.  Curious to hear how some of you are doing that have been fairly strict with the diet and workout regimen.  Good results?  Anyone had any results similar to what Gottlieb boasts? 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
i'm the same as you ^

been on a STRICT diet for about four and a half days now and can already tell a huge difference. it's weird. all i eat is egg whites, tuna, cottage cheese, almonds, and carbmaster yogurt made by kroger. and lots of water.

i've done p90x off and on since last summer. always had muscle, just never ate well enough or stuck with the program consistently enough to see great results. but "this time i'm going to do it."  :blah:

cowbell17

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
i'm the same as you ^

been on a STRICT diet for about four and a half days now and can already tell a huge difference. it's weird. all i eat is egg whites, tuna, cottage cheese, almonds, and carbmaster yogurt made by kroger. and lots of water.

i've done p90x off and on since last summer. always had muscle, just never ate well enough or stuck with the program consistently enough to see great results. but "this time i'm going to do it."  :blah:

Yeah no kidding...  The dieting side of things is rough.  You start to crave the strangest things when all you do is eat tuna and ckn breasts and brown rice.  I have found that eating a teaspoon of peanut butter helps with the satiety a little bit.  I remember when I was 18-21 I could eat whatever and still keep kickin' abs.  Now I just have a slab!  Good luck to ya man.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »
i'm the same as you ^

Yeah no kidding...  The dieting side of things is rough.  You start to crave the strangest things when all you do is eat tuna and ckn breasts and brown rice.  I have found that eating a teaspoon of peanut butter helps with the satiety a little bit.  I remember when I was 18-21 13 I could eat whatever and still keep kickin' abs.  Now I just have a slab!  Good luck to ya man.

:frown:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:42 PM »
Mods, please change Azcat's name to "Azcat the decathlete" and send him a PM thanking for him paying for our healthcare.

I have achieved the zen of fatassedness.  Well, at least until they perfect the genetic vector that will effect in humans a mutation similar to that found in Belgian Blue cattle or Bulley Whippets, I will volunteer for clinical trials / travel to China for that crap.  Until then I'll just continue to LOL @ you 'tards.  

:popcorn:   <--- literally -->  :drink:

what do you have against people getting into shape?
 :confused:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2010, 06:12:33 PM »
Mods, please change Azcat's name to "Azcat the decathlete" and send him a PM thanking for him paying for our healthcare.

I have achieved the zen of fatassedness.  Well, at least until they perfect the genetic vector that will effect in humans a mutation similar to that found in Belgian Blue cattle or Bulley Whippets, I will volunteer for clinical trials / travel to China for that crap.  Until then I'll just continue to LOL @ you 'tards.  

He's a fat old man, F3, and he knows that he'll always be a fat old man...so he's just using us as targets for his frustrations.   :frown:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
I refuse to diet. I eat ok already, though. 5 lbs, about 2 inches off the waist in the first 2.5 weeks for me.  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2010, 09:41:03 PM »

He's a fat old man, F3, and he knows that he'll always be a fat old man...so he's just using us as targets for his frustrations.   :frown:

Ouch, I obviously hit a nerve there.  Very surprised as I'd have thought they'd have been better protected under all the lard.   :lol:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »

Ouch, I obviously hit a nerve there.  Very surprised as I'd have thought they'd have been better protected under all the lard.   :lol:

you hit a nerve? lol.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2010, 10:35:17 PM »

hey, old fat guy, anybody in this thread that is partaking in the workout is obviously wanting to get into better shape.  so fat jokes are like, not insulting us.   :dunno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

hey, old fat guy, anybody in this thread that is partaking in the workout is obviously wanting to get into better shape.  so fat jokes are like, not insulting us.   :dunno:

Maybe Azcat's trying to keep us motivated with tough love?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

cowbell17

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2010, 01:01:40 PM »
Just took my official "before P90x changed my life" photos.  After I hit the 90 day mark I plan to post the before and after pics.  Be warned my abs may shred your mind. :chainsaw:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2010, 05:50:10 PM »
Just took my official "before P90x changed my life" photos.  After I hit the 90 day mark I plan to post the before and after pics.  Be warned my abs may shred your mind. :chainsaw:

can't wait. thanks.

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »
I'm like, way too lazy for it.  I did it for two weeks and stopped.  It works, but I missed the good tasting food and wasn't very good about actually doing the workouts every day.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2010, 06:13:24 PM »
I'm like, way too lazy for it.  I did it for two weeks and stopped.  It works, but I missed the good tasting food and wasn't very good about actually doing the workouts every day.

I think this comes as a complete shock to nobody.  Can I buy your Pwhatever90 crap for 12 bucks?
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2010, 02:26:33 AM »

I think this comes as a complete shock to nobody.  Can I buy your Pwhatever90 crap for 12 bucks?
No.  I'm going to try again later.  Right now I'm enjoying dippin dots.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2010, 02:38:54 PM »
pussy!

I'm about to finish week 2, I'm pretty happy with it so far.  It's tough, but I am already seeing some results in my biceps and forearms. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »
pussy!

I'm about to finish week 2, I'm pretty happy with it so far.  It's tough, but I am already seeing some results in my biceps and forearms. 

Yeah, I got crazy results in my upper body after the first 3 weeks. In the second phase now. Yoga sucks, and am getting sick of Kenpo (plus, kinda miss the Ab workout  :runaway:)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »
Here is my thing about the p90x.

Is it a long term solution? Because sooner or later, you aren't going to do it anymore.

I mean, does it re-wire you? I always thought a better idea would be doing something you know you can do every day the rest of your life's.

Any graduate students on this board w/any input? (Maybe a kinesiology/public health major)

Perhaps it comes down to one thing.

At the end of the day, not all of us can look like Doug Gotlieb.  :cry:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2010, 09:28:26 PM »
Here is my thing about the p90x.

Is it a long term solution? Because sooner or later, you aren't going to do it anymore.

I mean, does it re-wire you? I always thought a better idea would be doing something you know you can do every day the rest of your life's.

Any graduate students on this board w/any input? (Maybe a kinesiology/public health major)

Perhaps it comes down to one thing.

At the end of the day, not all of us can look like Doug Gotlieb.  :cry:

It teaches a good variety of ways to keep yourself in shape. You only need to do it 2-3 times a wk to maintain after that.

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
More updates plz.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »
More updates plz.

AKA Everyday I sit at my computer for 8 hours straight I get fatter.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »
Started week 3 today, pretty awesome.  I did so many powerful pushups that i pushed a hole all the way to china. 

:shy:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2010, 05:32:48 PM »
Started week 3 today, pretty awesome.  I did so many powerful pushups that i pushed a hole all the way to china. 

:shy:

QFT. If I got in a fight with my self from three weeks ago, I would donkey-kick the crap out of him, groucho walk on his face and use his inert, blubbery carcass as a cushion for my oblique crunches. 

stunz

« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »
*grunching*

can i skip leg plyos because i have bad knees?

if i'm already super-skinny, is this "workout system" optimal?

is it true nobody really finishes it?