Author Topic: Official P90X thread  (Read 32875 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official P90X thread
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2012, 05:57:41 AM »
all of you 'tards doing crossfit will have some serious joint problems years down the road. I'm sure doing 30 kipping pull-ups makes you feel like a badass, but when you have to get both of your shoulders replaced in ten years, you're just going to feel like a dumbass.

You'll be fine if you wear Vibram five finger shoes.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »
30 in a row lol that was so 4 months ago.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2012, 08:12:56 AM »
YLA, has anyone you seen go from skinny to big doing strictly Crossfit?  It seems ideal for people who are either overweight or those that have been lifting but in a rut.  For me, I wasn't doing much more than the bar, and was sore every single time to where I couldn't work out for a few days.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:19 AM »
yeah but they usually are a little more dedicated and do the strength/power and olympic lifts a lot more frequently.

http://www.crossfitfootball.com/

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2012, 12:10:48 PM »
YLA, has anyone you seen go from skinny to big doing strictly Crossfit?  It seems ideal for people who are either overweight or those that have been lifting but in a rut.  For me, I wasn't doing much more than the bar, and was sore every single time to where I couldn't work out for a few days.

if you want to gain size and strength just start doing the three main lifts (bench, squat, and deadlift) I also would recommend adding in the overhead press. when I was 20 I realized I wanted to be a firefighter but only weighed 115 lbs at 5'9". no joke. I started a workout routine that involved these three lifts, and put on 25 lbs of muscle in a year. all of my lifts at least tripled if not more. that was 6 years ago and I still stick  to the same basic routine, mixing it up every few months for muscle confusion. Now I'm at 165 and look like a total badass.

obviously, you'll have to work in other exercises to tone your smaller muscle groups, but trust me these lifts are the keys to fitness. They helped me compete in the firefighter combat challenge (look it up) and place in the top ten nationally.

just my success story  :gocho:

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
all of you 'tards doing crossfit will have some serious joint problems years down the road. I'm sure doing 30 kipping pull-ups makes you feel like a badass, but when you have to get both of your shoulders replaced in ten years, you're just going to feel like a dumbass.

<tard

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »

if you want to gain size and strength just start doing the three main lifts (bench, squat, and deadlift) I also would recommend adding in the overhead press. when I was 20 I realized I wanted to be a firefighter but only weighed 115 lbs at 5'9". no joke. I started a workout routine that involved these three lifts, and put on 25 lbs of muscle in a year. all of my lifts at least tripled if not more. that was 6 years ago and I still stick  to the same basic routine, mixing it up every few months for muscle confusion. Now I'm at 165 and look like a total badass.

obviously, you'll have to work in other exercises to tone your smaller muscle groups, but trust me these lifts are the keys to fitness. They helped me compete in the firefighter combat challenge (look it up) and place in the top ten nationally.

just my success story  :gocho:

You are EMAW, you should be finishing in the Top 3 nationally IMHO.  But good job.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 27, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »
also reminder kstate has the free 10am workouts every saturday at the barn(ahearn)  :eye:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »
also reminder kstate has the free 10am workouts every saturday at the barn(ahearn)  :eye:

Thats a little far for me to drive from JoCo.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »
nope, would be too hungover.

you guys ever tried p90x, insanity, or crossfit while hungover? I can't even go on a light jog while hungover without my heart beating out of my chest.  However, on non-hungover days I'm fine (great blood pressure, low resting heart rate). Maybe one of these days I will take a friday night off and try it.........