Author Topic: Official P90X thread  (Read 32881 times)

Re: Official P90X thread
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 05:36:28 AM »
If you wanna get cut P90X is okay.

If you wanna get big (you should) then lift heavy and eat a lot. 

P90X doesn't build a lot of muscle..

Exactly.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 08:33:43 AM »
Did the first workout last night.  JFC.  90 days of this crap and I'll be able to smash bricks between my biceps and forearm. 

With the video and accessories, the total price ended up being around $300.  I took my "before" pictures yesterday, and will take them at the 30, 60, and 90 day interval to see progress like directed. 

If you need a plyometrics/yoga mat, I reccomend going to target or somewhere to buy one.  The one Beachbody sells is $85.  My fiance has a couple so I just use those.  I'm currently watching downloaded content, but I should receive my DVD's, Pull-Up bar, Power Cords, and the rest in a few days. 

Day 2 is Plyometrics.  Plan on doing it after watching the Cats win big tonight (maybe before if I have time)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »
Hey dumbfracks, ever heard of Amazon or Ebay?  Got mine on Amazon, for way less.

Good luck after first Plyometrics day.  Hope you enjoy your last day for a week or so walking and sitting on the crapper without pain.  This is the best workout. 

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »
Holy balls, are all of you people really that terribly out of shape?  Working out = the plague?
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
Hey dumbfracks, ever heard of Amazon or Ebay?  Got mine on Amazon, for way less.

Good luck after first Plyometrics day.  Hope you enjoy your last day for a week or so walking and sitting on the crapper without pain.  This is the best workout. 

lolz, i forgot about how much it sucked to take a crap that first week. wow. Good times.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 09:50:12 AM »
Do you have to watch the dvd's as you're doing the stuff or can you just learn the workout from the dvd or otherwise and do them while watching other stuff?.  If I'm gonna work out at home instead of at the gym, I want to be able to watch my own shows or QUATZ games while I'm doing it. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »
I took my "before" pictures yesterday, and will take them at the 30, 60, and 90 day interval to see progress like directed. 

Include your head/face in the pics and when it's time to see the results, have _FAN or somebody put a pak head over it.  We'd likely use them somewhere on this site.  Look what goEMAW did for WildcatNkilt!!!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »
Do you have to watch the dvd's as you're doing the stuff or can you just learn the workout from the dvd or otherwise and do them while watching other stuff?.  If I'm gonna work out at home instead of at the gym, I want to be able to watch my own shows or QUATZ games while I'm doing it. 

you pretty much have to watch it for the times. After about halfway I turned the volume down, because I was tired of hearing him say the same things every day. I can pretty much recite the dialog in every video. You will start to really hate Tony Horton.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »
Already tired of Tony Horton after 1 video.  He has to 1-up everybody.  I'm going to get to the point where I can be like "O yea Tony!?  I'm going to do 26!" (Cause Tony would say 25).

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2010, 10:26:40 AM »
I took my "before" pictures yesterday, and will take them at the 30, 60, and 90 day interval to see progress like directed. 

Include your head/face in the pics and when it's time to see the results, have _FAN or somebody put a pak head over it.  We'd likely use them somewhere on this site.  Look what goEMAW did for WildcatNkilt!!!

This will be done.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »
Already tired of Tony Horton after 1 video.  He has to 1-up everybody.  I'm going to get to the point where I can be like "O yea Tony!?  I'm going to do 26!" (Cause Tony would say 25).

there is a reason he is like that. He is a total badass. You should see the stuff he does in more advanced videos. Wow. Man crush.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »

you pretty much have to watch it for the times. After about halfway I turned the volume down, because I was tired of hearing him say the same things every day. I can pretty much recite the dialog in every video. You will start to really hate Tony Horton.

good to know there are people out there going through the same things as me.

tony - "imagine if you had to do 100 of them! 25 doesn't seem so bad!"
me - "shut the shazbot! up tony!! why would anyone ever do 100 of them!!" :chainsaw:

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:22 AM »

there is a reason he is like that. He is a total badass. You should see the stuff he does in more advanced videos. Wow. Man crush.

He def. is a freak of nature.

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »
Mine is getting delivered today.  Also got the pullup bar package.

I've never used workout supplements before.  Is this whey protein stuff going to taste like ass?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 12:04:02 PM »

I've never used workout supplements before.  Is this whey protein stuff going to taste like ass?

Thats the million dollar question.  I didn't see a flavor listed when I ordered.  Some protein mixes aren't half bad, but others are  :barf: .

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »

Thats the million dollar question.  I didn't see a flavor listed when I ordered.  Some protein mixes aren't half bad, but others are  :barf: .

The one i had was orange or something. Didn't taste that bad.
- chunkles

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 01:16:16 PM »
Yep, it's orange flavored.  Will start tomorrow and give a full report.

The resistance bands came with the pullup bar.  Debating as to whether I should buy some dumbells.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »

The resistance bands came with the pullup bar.  Debating as to whether I should buy some dumbells.

Buy 'em.  They'll always be useful.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 01:56:46 PM »

Buy 'em.  They'll always be useful.

Can be doubled as push-up bars, without having to pay the ungodly price of $40+

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
Great news! Your Beachbody® order is on its way, and soon you'll be on your way to transforming your body and your life!

:pbj:  <----except Tony

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
Great news! Your Beachbody® order is on its way, and soon you'll be on your way to transforming your body and your life!

wildcatnkit-

do plyoX today? if so, how'd it go?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »
I can't wait to get mine.  I feel like we're all part of a "slightly overweight/out of shape" club and we're going to transform into super elite bbs'ing machines.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »

wildcatnkit-

do plyoX today? if so, how'd it go?

I did it.  It was extremely intense.  My body is aching pretty hard.  +1 on the hurts to sit on the toilet thing. 

No doubt that if a person stays on this schedule they could see some amazing results. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2010, 11:09:34 PM »
Welp, fifth day of omelets so far. Strong start. Missed one on Tuesday, but covered it with late afternoon omelet on Wednesday. No real results yet, but EXTREMELY optimistic/gassy.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 08:13:29 AM »
Welp, fifth day of omelets so far. Strong start. Missed one on Tuesday, but covered it with late afternoon omelet on Wednesday. No real results yet, but EXTREMELY optimistic/gassy.

What are you putting in your omelets?