Date: 24/04/24 - 22:39 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: currie's a retard - confirmed  (Read 9425 times)

January 22, 2010, 09:25:37 AM
Reply #60

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

What's becoming clear to me; having a successful basketball season and not having regular opportunities to meltdown is taking its toll on this messageboard fanbase.

It's who we are

No doubt.  Plus we've had so many opportunities to practice melting down for years that we've gotten very good at it.  This morning has shown that we haven't forgotten.

ksu_fan- not wanting to be a powertard or a ksufans meltdowner. forced to hover somewhere in the middle on every single possible messageboard topic with no strong opinions on anything ever.   :sleep:

It takes a lot for me to meltdown I guess.  :dunno:

golly gee _fan, you're just so gosh darn reasonable.

January 22, 2010, 09:31:45 AM
Reply #61

MakeItRain

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    SCRP CLB
What a stupid fracking asshole.  :curse:

Thanks for the memories Frank.   :'(

At least we have footba.......... :angry:

I know, right?  Don't say this to the powertards, some of them like Koppe22 will call you an insecure drama queen.  Too bad that guy doesn't post over here any more it would be great to see him contradict himself by playing to the masses of both boards.  The poor bastard wants to be loved so bad.

January 22, 2010, 10:02:39 AM
Reply #62

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

AGAIN, does anyone know when this was offered, is this this preseason offer to increase the current contract, or an actual extension offer made recently?  If this was what Currie before the season to increase the payout of his current contract, that's no big deal.  If this is the offer on the table now for the extension, that's a big deal.  No relaiable source has indicated that is the case.

If the offer was really $800k, w/ $30k extra for Figger and Underwood each, it was silly no matter when it was offered.

The only encouraging thing is the power of EMAW could possibly either force Currie's hand or run him out of town.

Two observations:

1:  Assuming the negotiation info came from Frank's camp, which should be a safe assumption, then he's pretty much clowned Currie in this round, which leads to...

2:  Assuming the lowballing info is correct, then what the hell was Currie thinking?  Horrible idea for two reasons:  you basically insult a guy who, all other things being equal, has some loyalty to you institution, *and* you provide a powderkeg to the other side in the negotiations.  A powderkeg that Frank's camp has taken full advantage of to the extent that you've had the two major KC sports media players weigh in on Frank's side--and one even gave out Currie's e-mail on air to lobby for Frank's raise--and now you've got national folks in on the story.

I think the key is the timing of the "lowball".  A lowball offer should not have been insulting before the season began.

it would have been to me. either make a legit offer or don't. insulting to lowball period, regardless of the timing.

I'm saying a modest raise before the season started was a legit offer at that point in time.  J-Mart is conveniently leaving out timing details in all of his posts.

'clams nailed it w/ his jerry macguire anecdote.  Great lesson (and film).

everybody is different though and if i was in franks shoes and some new guy on the scene comes in and purposefully low balls me before the season starts, it would offend me. maybe not you, but it would me.

:confused:

January 22, 2010, 10:04:48 AM
Reply #63

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
jfc, this site has become insufferable.  the perfect storm of meltdown fanatics and KSUFans.com rejects.

Go have drinks with Pete after work and let him fill you in on the details.... :users:
why don't i already know the details.... :flush:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

January 22, 2010, 10:07:18 AM
Reply #64

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
AGAIN, does anyone know when this was offered, is this this preseason offer to increase the current contract, or an actual extension offer made recently?  If this was what Currie before the season to increase the payout of his current contract, that's no big deal.  If this is the offer on the table now for the extension, that's a big deal.  No relaiable source has indicated that is the case.

If the offer was really $800k, w/ $30k extra for Figger and Underwood each, it was silly no matter when it was offered.

The only encouraging thing is the power of EMAW could possibly either force Currie's hand or run him out of town.

Two observations:

1:  Assuming the negotiation info came from Frank's camp, which should be a safe assumption, then he's pretty much clowned Currie in this round, which leads to...

2:  Assuming the lowballing info is correct, then what the hell was Currie thinking?  Horrible idea for two reasons:  you basically insult a guy who, all other things being equal, has some loyalty to you institution, *and* you provide a powderkeg to the other side in the negotiations.  A powderkeg that Frank's camp has taken full advantage of to the extent that you've had the two major KC sports media players weigh in on Frank's side--and one even gave out Currie's e-mail on air to lobby for Frank's raise--and now you've got national folks in on the story.

I think the key is the timing of the "lowball".  A lowball offer should not have been insulting before the season began.

it would have been to me. either make a legit offer or don't. insulting to lowball period, regardless of the timing.

I'm saying a modest raise before the season started was a legit offer at that point in time.  J-Mart is conveniently leaving out timing details in all of his posts.

'clams nailed it w/ his jerry macguire anecdote.  Great lesson (and film).

everybody is different though and if i was in franks shoes and some new guy on the scene comes in and purposefully low balls me before the season starts, it would offend me. maybe not you, but it would me.

didn't believe the 800k offer until Meek confirmed.  :dunno:

My position can be very fluid.

January 22, 2010, 10:11:30 AM
Reply #65

Jmo

• Cub

AGAIN, does anyone know when this was offered, is this this preseason offer to increase the current contract, or an actual extension offer made recently?  If this was what Currie before the season to increase the payout of his current contract, that's no big deal.  If this is the offer on the table now for the extension, that's a big deal.  No relaiable source has indicated that is the case.

Two observations:

1:  Assuming the negotiation info came from Frank's camp, which should be a safe assumption, then he's pretty much clowned Currie in this round, which leads to...

2:  Assuming the lowballing info is correct, then what the hell was Currie thinking?  Horrible idea for two reasons:  you basically insult a guy who, all other things being equal, has some loyalty to you institution, *and* you provide a powderkeg to the other side in the negotiations.  A powderkeg that Frank's camp has taken full advantage of to the extent that you've had the two major KC sports media players weigh in on Frank's side--and one even gave out Currie's e-mail on air to lobby for Frank's raise--and now you've got national folks in on the story.

I think the key is the timing of the "lowball".  A lowball offer should not have been insulting before the season began.

I'm saying a modest raise before the season started was a legit offer at that point in time.  J-Mart is conveniently leaving out timing details in all of his posts.

'clams nailed it w/ his jerry macguire anecdote.  Great lesson (and film).

One thing we can find comfort in is that this is coming to light now and not the end of the season.  We've been able to show Frank and Currie whose side we are on, not that there should have been any doubt.  

Currie will be forced to pay Frank.  He can't win against a whole fan base.  Frank knows this.

Whoever said Currie doesn't care if he gets fired is a retard.  Getting fired from a low budget AD job does not look good on your resume.  

As long as we keep showing hate towards Currie, love towards Frank it will get done.   :ksu:

January 22, 2010, 10:11:48 AM
Reply #66

Jacobs Beard

• Cub

but I kind of get the feeling that he's even pissing off the media that cover(ed) ksu bball...they're like "hey idiot, I like covering awesome basketball, so fracking pay him".

if anything can be said to be absolutely true at this point this is it.  j-mart, cap journal guys, radio guys in kc are all on Frank's side.

smellis i'm sure is sucking on currie's teet.

Or his Wife's cookies.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/story/1147591.html

January 22, 2010, 10:37:28 AM
Reply #67

kougar24

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    shame on you, non-believers
I think it's becoming more and more clear that bill snyder ruins basketball.

You know, there might be something to this...

January 22, 2010, 10:38:23 AM
Reply #68

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I may be full of sh*t, but i won't be de-turd.

Well KSU football and basketball can't be good at the same time...
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

January 22, 2010, 10:47:04 AM
Reply #69

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Apparently Tim Weiser Jr. told the huddled masses at the Salina Catbackers meeting that Frank would be given a new contract based on his "full body of work" (not one game).  

Isn't this pretty much the stance you took when this contract came up originally in the thread J-Mart started? :dunno:

Yep, but when I first read the thread I was still a bit sleepy in my Elite Golf Resort Room, I was thinking Frank was wanting something off the charts.   I have now had it confirmed that Frank just wants a nice, equitable bump in pay, and a nice bump for his assistants and he'll be happy.   IMO it's a perfectly doable situation pretty much right now, and as long as they have fair and properly structured buyout provision there would be absolutely no reason not to go ahead and get it done.

January 22, 2010, 10:47:57 AM
Reply #70

The1BigWillie

They'll never love you like we'll love you?  :scared:

January 22, 2010, 10:50:01 AM
Reply #71

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

Well KSU football and basketball can't be good at the same time...

but they can undoubtedly suck at the same time.

See 2010-onward.
"You guys want answers that are conversations between John and I. I ain't worried about it. I'm living the dream.... When I start worrying about a contract, I'd be cheating the kids and not doing my job." - Frank Martin

January 22, 2010, 11:16:58 AM
Reply #72

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Apparently Tim Weiser Jr. told the huddled masses at the Salina Catbackers meeting that Frank would be given a new contract based on his "full body of work" (not one game).  

Isn't this pretty much the stance you took when this contract came up originally in the thread J-Mart started? :dunno:

Yep, but when I first read the thread I was still a bit sleepy in my Elite Golf Resort Room, I was thinking Frank was wanting something off the charts.   I have now had it confirmed that Frank just wants a nice, equitable bump in pay, and a nice bump for his assistants and he'll be happy.   IMO it's a perfectly doable situation pretty much right now, and as long as they have fair and properly structured buyout provision there would be absolutely no reason not to go ahead and get it done.

That makes sense, and I agree completely.  While Currie may not be the best, I think he's at least smart enough to figure that out.

January 22, 2010, 11:18:40 AM
Reply #73

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

but I kind of get the feeling that he's even pissing off the media that cover(ed) ksu bball...they're like "hey idiot, I like covering awesome basketball, so fracking pay him".

if anything can be said to be absolutely true at this point this is it.  j-mart, cap journal guys, radio guys in kc are all on Frank's side.

Or his Wife's cookies.

Kellis waits until Meek or Manbeck confirm sources and run their bit before Kellis gets on board.
"You guys want answers that are conversations between John and I. I ain't worried about it. I'm living the dream.... When I start worrying about a contract, I'd be cheating the kids and not doing my job." - Frank Martin

January 22, 2010, 11:25:11 AM
Reply #74

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School

Or his Wife's cookies.

I'm still amazed that a ku grad and/or ku fan was given responsibility for a KSU media source.  Just super insulting to anyone who is a Cats fan.   :yuck:

January 22, 2010, 11:35:15 AM
Reply #75

Trim

• Administrator
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    "Tacky" -Kietz
I'm still amazed that a ku grad and/or ku fan was given responsibility for a KSU media source.  Just super insulting to anyone who is a Cats fan.   :yuck:

Yes.  I don't care how many nickels you can save, there's just things you don't do when you know it will break the trust and loyalty with your constituency.

January 22, 2010, 11:35:53 AM
Reply #76

Ghost of Stan Parrish

• Cub

• My profile
IF the $800,000 number is correct, that was an absurd offer.  What is that, a .5% raise?  (I'm bad at math, so that's probably wrong.)  That's not even a cost-of-living adjustment.  And, it would keep Martin at the bottom of the league's salary structure.  In fact, it's so absurd I have a hard time believing it's true, and until people start giving solid sources I'll have my doubts.  I mean, if I was Frank's agent, I would've either walked out of negotiations at that point or responded with a $2 million counter-offer.

In any event, this week is the worst possible time for Currie (and KSU's finances) to enter into further negotiations -- that's what he meant by what he said to the Catbackers.  And it makes sense to me.  You ride out this wave and THEN you go back to the table.  Meek started by saying he thinks it'll get done in the end, and I do believe that.  I'm still not melting down.

EDIT: Nevermind, just nevermind.  My crap math skills caused me to make a stupid post.  Maybe Currie doesn't care if Franks stays...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:07:26 AM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
每個人一野貓!

January 22, 2010, 11:36:16 AM
Reply #77

Skycat

• Cub

Yeah, &@#% a website.  Go with a banner flying over the OOD for Gameday.

January 22, 2010, 11:42:49 AM
Reply #78

PCR

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Yeah I think we should see how things play out.  If he wins the ku game, make the $1.5M offer and lock him up for 5 years.  You won't look stupid.  Frank also seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't mind a contract full of incentives.  I think with the economy being in the crapter and the RP/BK robbery Currie is in a bad spot.  I just hope he doesn't end up having a press conference on his drive way.  

January 22, 2010, 12:02:57 PM
Reply #79

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
I just hope he doesn't end up having a press conference on his drive way.  

i can think of no better outcome than martin crushing currie like a dove.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

January 22, 2010, 12:19:25 PM
Reply #80

Levi Wolters

• Cub

I don't like Currie.

Amazing. You're right about everything.

January 22, 2010, 12:38:21 PM
Reply #81

CatsNChiefs

• Cub

So WTF?  I demand pictures like the ut pre-game ones, only with the lines in front of curtsey's office and house, round the &@#%ing clock.  Let's go non-pussy students, get it done.

Don't forget to bring stuff to throw, and light on fire, and stab.

January 22, 2010, 02:44:01 PM
Reply #82

• Premium Member
  • Cub

January 22, 2010, 04:03:34 PM
Reply #83

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School

Yes.  I don't care how many nickels you can save, there's just things you don't do when you know it will break the trust and loyalty with your constituency.

You can't put a price on somethings.  No matter how many pieces of silver you are offered.  Just MHO.

January 22, 2010, 04:07:12 PM
Reply #84

Jeffrey_Martin

• Senior Cub

You can't put a price on somethings.  No matter how many pieces of silver you are offered.  Just MHO.

What are we talking about?

March 08, 2010, 10:21:32 AM
Reply #85

YouHaveHugeFitz22

• Cub

• Personal Text
    The Powertard Koppe22 here.
    • www.wwtdd.com
What a stupid fracking asshole.  :curse:

Thanks for the memories Frank.   :'(

At least we have footba.......... :angry:

I know, right?  Don't say this to the powertards, some of them like Koppe22 will call you an insecure drama queen.  Too bad that guy doesn't post over here any more it would be great to see him contradict himself by playing to the masses of both boards.  The poor bastard wants to be loved so bad.

Have and still do. Good call on Frank leaving moron.

March 08, 2010, 06:23:04 PM
Reply #86

NYRoyal

• Cub

Looks like Currie isn't such an idiot after all.  He signed Frank to a great contract for both sides.  Good work.