Date: 28/04/24 - 19:45 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: The Official KSUfans.com Quit Smoking Help Thread  (Read 14817 times)

February 21, 2009, 01:15:03 PM
Reply #90

cireksu

It is, we've got a bunch of those scented candles/oils and stuff around the house.  never could smell them before, thought they were a waste.

February 21, 2009, 01:17:49 PM
Reply #91

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
It is, we've got a bunch of those scented candles/oils and stuff around the house.  never could smell them before, thought they were a waste.

It also has it's downsides....don't go to Rusty's.
<---------Click the ball

February 22, 2009, 07:55:19 PM
Reply #92

Pike

• Senior Cub

update

barely smoked a cig in a week then got shwasted last night and totally fell off the wagon.

:banghead:

Exactly what happened to me this weekend. Damn

It's ok, felt so horrible in the morning that I didn't want one anyway.

Exactly how I felt, only I wasnt awake till like 1:30 today

I have a chew in right now

Why do people chew?  It doesn't even look cool.

Good question.

February 23, 2009, 03:06:50 PM
Reply #93

raquetcat

• Premium Member
  • Cub

Something kind of "new" out there is Snus . I studied abroad in fall of 2006 and it was everywhere in Sweden, basically it's a little tobacco pouch you put in your upper lip, requires no spitting, keep it in for 20-30 minutes gets a nice little buzz going. Camel is making it now here, bought a tin at Dara's the other day, I never liked smoking/chewing but snus is dangerous stuff for me. Had a buddy that started in 2006 now he's putting in 3 pouches at a time and goes through 1.5 tins a day (1 tin = 15 pouches). Just another way the tobacco companies are trying to get at us.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:09:42 PM by raquetcat »
“Nobody plays harder than Kansas State.  Bilas said that to me in person,” Martin said. Now, does that mean that I’m happy every day?  No, because it’s our job to continue to get those guys to continue to grow.”

February 25, 2009, 12:52:32 PM
Reply #94

cireksu

update

9 days

feels like 409 days but going strong.

:thumbsup:

February 25, 2009, 12:53:56 PM
Reply #95

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
How long does it take to break the physical addiction with cigs? With chew, they say it takes 10 days. Prolly about the same.

God damn if this thread doesn't make me want to crank a dip.
“My arm gets tired from doing this,” said coach Bill Snyder, waving his arm.

February 25, 2009, 01:03:37 PM
Reply #96

cireksu

How long does it take to break the physical addiction with cigs? With chew, they say it takes 10 days. Prolly about the same.

dunno, i've heard up to several weeks.  haven't really had anything that I'd call a strong craving however I do miss the feeling of having one after a long day.

February 25, 2009, 01:14:34 PM
Reply #97

Pike

• Senior Cub

dunno, i've heard up to several weeks.  haven't really had anything that I'd call a strong craving however I do miss the feeling of having one after a long day.

Longest I ever made it was a little over two weeks. It's because I went home for spring break and didn't smoke amongst my family (which was about ten days). Then once I made it back to school I only lasted like 4 more days of that two weeks.

It's rough. Two weeks of no tobacco was hard, and it didn't even do the trick

February 25, 2009, 01:19:35 PM
Reply #98

Thin Blue Line

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Forever.

February 25, 2009, 01:29:51 PM
Reply #99

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
Nah, they say the actual physical addiction to nicotine can be broken in 10-14 days I think. After that, it's the habit that's hard to break.

March 04, 2009, 06:33:27 PM
Reply #100

cireksu

March 05, 2009, 09:03:00 AM
Reply #101

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
Impressive, cire. Just stay focused on that goal of feeling superior to all your weak smoker friends who couldn't pull it off.

And Terry, you only lose money if you sell, bro (that's what I keep telling myself between shots). Just look at the whole economic disaster thing as a yard sale for rich dudes like you.

March 05, 2009, 12:26:06 PM
Reply #102

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH
Nah, they say the actual physical addiction to nicotine can be broken in 10-14 days I think. After that, it's the habit that's hard to break.

I've always heard that doing anything 21 days in a row is now an addiction, so quitting and not smoking for 21 days is how long it takes.  I know when I have quit before, the first week was tough, the second okay, the third living hell, and the fourth no problem.  Although, my first draw sitting in a bar and I was borrowing smokes and back on the horse. 
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Sir Winston Churchill

March 05, 2009, 04:02:08 PM
Reply #103

BigCat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Bob Esponja
Chewing is easier to quit than smoking, imo. Smoked like a train (unfiltereds) in college for a couple years, used chew to quit smoking, then quit chew after just a couple months. If you don't like chewing and want to quit smoking, then chew. Which sounds dumb but not liking chew will help you quit that pretty easy. Now that I've quit both, I can still go back from time to time (mostly when drinking) and not want to buy a pack/tin and start again full time.
"Unless you're a ku fan you don't want to watch a game at the fieldhouse. You'll never see more home cooking in your life. The last game I watched there Larry got the boot and I didn't blame him a bit. Only ball game I've ever walked out on in my life, besides, the facility is a piece of ****."

March 05, 2009, 08:00:49 PM
Reply #104

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
I loved chewing as deeply as I've ever loved any person. It was fantastic. God I miss it*.

*don't pay attention to that cire. I'm sure it'll be entirely different for you.

March 05, 2009, 08:20:31 PM
Reply #105

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
Something kind of "new" out there is Snus . I studied abroad in fall of 2006 and it was everywhere in Sweden, basically it's a little tobacco pouch you put in your upper lip, requires no spitting, keep it in for 20-30 minutes gets a nice little buzz going. Camel is making it now here, bought a tin at Dara's the other day, I never liked smoking/chewing but snus is dangerous stuff for me. Had a buddy that started in 2006 now he's putting in 3 pouches at a time and goes through 1.5 tins a day (1 tin = 15 pouches). Just another way the tobacco companies are trying to get at us.

It eats holes in your stomach and throat. But my friends tell me at least it's not gross...  :dunno:

Edit to include: chewing is easier to quit than smoking because you don't go out back and have a chew with your friends or go outside and take a dip to avoid someone at a party. The physical addiction to smoking is the least difficult thing to overcome.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:26:08 PM by waks »

March 06, 2009, 06:15:48 AM
Reply #106

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
Edit to include: chewing is easier to quit than smoking because you don't go out back and have a chew with your friends or go outside and take a dip to avoid someone at a party. The physical addiction to smoking is the least difficult thing to overcome.

The fact that you can chew almost anywhere makes it even harder to quit IMO. You could crank a dip at the movie theater, on the plane, playing video games on the coach, on the can, in bed, during road trips in the car with other people, in class, in church...

I worked for a lawyer here in DC who used to throw in a dip during the trial.

You don't have to take a "smoke break" or walk outside in the rain/snow/cold/heat whatever. You don't have to roll down the window and you don't force everyone around you to partake.

Goddamn it was a fantastic vice.

March 06, 2009, 12:57:23 PM
Reply #107

jmlynch1

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Not A Basketball Player
you don't force everyone around you to partake.

Thats the best part about smoking.

March 06, 2009, 01:21:33 PM
Reply #108

BigCat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Bob Esponja

lol yeah true my roommate and I through no fault of our own turned like half a dozen people into smokers.
"Unless you're a ku fan you don't want to watch a game at the fieldhouse. You'll never see more home cooking in your life. The last game I watched there Larry got the boot and I didn't blame him a bit. Only ball game I've ever walked out on in my life, besides, the facility is a piece of ****."

March 06, 2009, 02:46:50 PM
Reply #109

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...

I had a cheap roommate who said he couldn't afford cigs so he exclusively second-hand smoked.

March 06, 2009, 05:12:32 PM
Reply #110

cireksu

At happy hour. Want to have a cigarette. Help !

March 06, 2009, 06:02:24 PM
Reply #111

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
Leave.

Srsly. That's the best advice.

March 06, 2009, 08:35:54 PM
Reply #112

powercatmiller

• Cub

A. Chewing is a Habit
I play golf I want a dip
I play softball I want Redman
I drink beer I want dip
I drive in my car I want dip

B. You cant chew on a airplane I got my ass ripped by a flight attendant on the way to the bahamas

March 07, 2009, 09:11:41 AM
Reply #113

cireksu

I made it.  didn't have any, probably would have if I had some.  whew.

March 07, 2009, 05:27:52 PM
Reply #114

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
A. Chewing is a Habit
I play golf I want a dip
I drink beer I want dip

B. You cant chew on a airplane I got my ass ripped by a flight attendant on the way to the bahamas

:dunno: I chewed on airplanes for 5 years. Never had any problems.

March 07, 2009, 10:51:14 PM
Reply #115

Thin Blue Line

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

A. Chewing is a Habit
I play golf I want a dip
I drink beer I want dip

Don't spit on the aisle.

March 10, 2009, 01:29:41 AM
Reply #116

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
A. Chewing is a Habit
I play golf I want a dip
I drink beer I want dip

You realize with the exception of softball, every single one of those things are associated with smoking as well....

March 10, 2009, 05:44:03 AM
Reply #117

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
Chewing was better for video gaming. And unless you were in South America, you couldn't smoke in class or the library or the movie theater, etc.

March 15, 2009, 10:01:35 PM
Reply #118

cireksu

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

March 15, 2009, 10:09:26 PM
Reply #119

Thin Blue Line

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

A. Chewing is a Habit
I play golf I want a dip
I drink beer I want dip

You realize with the exception of softball, every single one of those things are associated with smoking as well....

:thumbsup: Cire. Obviously waks hasn't seen many softball games in redneck country. Prolly hasn't seen a working keg used as 2nd base either.