Date: 29/03/24 - 05:20 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: The Official KSUfans.com Quit Smoking Help Thread  (Read 14714 times)

February 12, 2009, 03:02:14 AM
Reply #60

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
I got a question for you d00dz, which is worse to smoke cigs or weed?  :confused:

Cigs lead to all sorts of cancers & other health problems.  Getting caught smoking weed can lead to AIDS.

Take your pick.
AIDS

Question:  Is AIDS even that bad anymore?  I mean, I never hear people bitching and whining about it like I used to. 
Not anymore now that the Super High Tech Bio Security ZOMG Lab is coming to Manhattan, KS*. Say goodbye to pretty much all diseases now, Mr. Steve Dave.

*Pending AZCat being wrong like always, of course.

90% chance it's built elsewhere.  The incoming administration will take this away from Roberts and reward a faithful leftist Congressional district.   :flush:

February 12, 2009, 04:17:21 PM
Reply #61

jmlynch1

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Not A Basketball Player
I got a question for you d00dz, which is worse to smoke cigs or weed?  :confused:

Cigs lead to all sorts of cancers & other health problems.  Getting caught smoking weed can lead to AIDS.

Take your pick.
AIDS

Question:  Is AIDS even that bad anymore?  I mean, I never hear people bitching and whining about it like I used to. 
Not anymore now that the Super High Tech Bio Security ZOMG Lab is coming to Manhattan, KS*. Say goodbye to pretty much all diseases now, Mr. Steve Dave.

*Pending AZCat being wrong like always, of course.

90% chance it's built elsewhere.  The incoming administration will take this away from Roberts and reward a faithful leftist Congressional district.   :flush:
major lolz @ AZCAT

http://www.themercury.com/News/article.aspx?articleId=96d6df612f804593ba5f1090c5b0a3ee

February 13, 2009, 09:09:13 PM
Reply #62

cireksu

update

barely smoked a cig in a week then got shwasted last night and totally fell off the wagon.

:banghead:

February 15, 2009, 06:04:23 PM
Reply #63

The42Yardstick

• Argyle Square
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    *A GREAT RUMBLING OF BASS AND MUCH SHAKING*
update

barely smoked a cig in a week then got shwasted last night and totally fell off the wagon.

You should consider the Electro Shocker treatment. Every time you smoke a cigarette, you have to sit down and listen to The Shocker tell you about his nosehairs for 5 hours, and your ensuing insanity will lead you to believe that a nearby power cord is a deliciously edible string of licorice, hence the "electric" part of the treatment.

(where'd that dude go anyway?)
(Thanks to cyclist for the avatar)

Tired of all the angry? Come to me for your daily dose of "meh."

February 15, 2009, 09:40:05 PM
Reply #64

cireksu

tomorrow is D-day for cireksu and cigs.

:ohno:

February 15, 2009, 09:45:40 PM
Reply #65

Pike

• Senior Cub

update

Exactly what happened to me this weekend. Damn

February 15, 2009, 09:48:06 PM
Reply #66

cireksu

update

It's ok, felt so horrible in the morning that I didn't want one anyway.

February 15, 2009, 09:59:58 PM
Reply #67

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
I feel like fracking liam gallagher everytime I light one up and am getting wasted.

cool as frack.

Unless they changed the profanity filter, you typed "frack" instead of "&@#%". That's funny.

update

I quit chewing after 8 years on Feb 17 2006. Before that, I'd quit about twice a month for 6 months. For me, the trick was don't quit quitting. You're gonna &@#% up a few times. Just quit again the next day.

Also, make a point to do crap you used to do WHILE smoking WITHOUT smoking. Got to break the mental habit. It was video games for me. Luuuuuuuuuuv to throw in a huge chaw while workin' the stix (thanks for the lingo, Freemaw).

Oh, and drink coffee ALL THE TIME. Can't emphasize that one enough.

When you quit long enough for your sense of smell and taste to come back, you'll prolly never go back. The first thing you eat when that happens will be RIDICULOUSLY delicious, because you haven't actually tasted anything in a long time. Then the first time you drink a huge cup of coffee without nicotine coursing through your veins, you'll realize that caffeine is pretty awesome, too.
“My arm gets tired from doing this,” said coach Bill Snyder, waving his arm.

February 15, 2009, 11:38:43 PM
Reply #68

Pike

• Senior Cub

update

Exactly how I felt, only I wasnt awake till like 1:30 today

I have a chew in right now

February 15, 2009, 11:56:34 PM
Reply #69

cireksu

update

LOL, I woke up at 1:00, thought it was like 8:00 and was all WTF?  when I looked at the time.

February 18, 2009, 09:09:41 AM
Reply #70

cireksu

haven't had one since Saturday.  Feels longer than that.  Gum helps but it appears I have "quitters flu"

also the lack of concentration issues are suprisingly real.

http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/cravingsandurges/a/withdrawal.htm

February 18, 2009, 09:21:38 AM
Reply #71

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
I feel like fracking liam gallagher everytime I light one up and am getting wasted.

cool as frack.

Unless they changed the profanity filter, you typed "frack" instead of "frank". That's funny.

update

I quit chewing after 8 years on Feb 17 2006. Before that, I'd quit about twice a month for 6 months. For me, the trick was don't quit quitting. You're gonna frank up a few times. Just quit again the next day.

Also, make a point to do crap you used to do WHILE smoking WITHOUT smoking. Got to break the mental habit. It was video games for me. Luuuuuuuuuuv to throw in a huge chaw while workin' the stix (thanks for the lingo, Freemaw).

When you quit long enough for your sense of smell and taste to come back, you'll prolly never go back. The first thing you eat when that happens will be RIDICULOUSLY delicious, because you haven't actually tasted anything in a long time. Then the first time you drink a huge cup of coffee without nicotine coursing through your veins, you'll realize that caffeine is pretty awesome, too.

I have long heard the story that sense of taste/smell come back after quitting.  Cannot find a single piece of medical literature that supports this.  It is in your head.

February 18, 2009, 10:24:40 AM
Reply #72

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...

cool as frack.

Unless they changed the profanity filter, you typed "frack" instead of "frank". That's funny.

update

I quit chewing after 8 years on Feb 17 2006. Before that, I'd quit about twice a month for 6 months. For me, the trick was don't quit quitting. You're gonna frank up a few times. Just quit again the next day.

I have long heard the story that sense of taste/smell come back after quitting.  Cannot find a single piece of medical literature that supports this.  It is in your head.

:dunno:

"smokeless tobacco" + "sense of taste" + google?

In my head or not, it was a nice surprise when the ol' buds came back out of hiding.

February 18, 2009, 10:38:28 AM
Reply #73

cireksu

I do have an outstanding ability to withstand super hot spicy foods and stuff.  didn't care for spicy before I started smoking.

February 18, 2009, 10:50:58 AM
Reply #74

catdude33

• Cub

update

Why do people chew?  It doesn't even look cool.

February 18, 2009, 10:52:33 AM
Reply #75

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

February 18, 2009, 11:13:35 AM
Reply #76

cireksu

February 18, 2009, 11:24:40 AM
Reply #77

catdude33

• Cub

February 20, 2009, 09:37:05 AM
Reply #78

cireksu

6 days going strong.

out of gum though, have to buy more.

:angry:

February 20, 2009, 09:44:48 AM
Reply #79

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

February 20, 2009, 10:53:15 AM
Reply #80

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
6 days going strong.

Have you tried drinking more? Pretty effective IMO. Plus, Bailey's is actually more socially acceptable in a lot of offices around America (<--unfounded but deeply held belief).

February 20, 2009, 08:22:48 PM
Reply #81

cireksu

6 days going strong.

Need something to do with my mouth.   :blush:  got some today though.

gum will be about 240$ for the whole treatment but it's all good.  I figured I spend about 800$ a year on cigs.

February 20, 2009, 08:24:50 PM
Reply #82

cireksu

also, have completely noticed a diff in sense of smell.  very weird.

February 21, 2009, 08:55:00 AM
Reply #83

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
also, have completely noticed a diff in sense of smell.  very weird.

nice, huh?

February 21, 2009, 01:15:03 PM
Reply #84

cireksu

It is, we've got a bunch of those scented candles/oils and stuff around the house.  never could smell them before, thought they were a waste.

February 21, 2009, 01:17:49 PM
Reply #85

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
It is, we've got a bunch of those scented candles/oils and stuff around the house.  never could smell them before, thought they were a waste.

It also has it's downsides....don't go to Rusty's.
<---------Click the ball

February 22, 2009, 07:55:19 PM
Reply #86

Pike

• Senior Cub

update

Why do people chew?  It doesn't even look cool.

Good question.

February 23, 2009, 03:06:50 PM
Reply #87

raquetcat

• Premium Member
  • Cub

Something kind of "new" out there is Snus . I studied abroad in fall of 2006 and it was everywhere in Sweden, basically it's a little tobacco pouch you put in your upper lip, requires no spitting, keep it in for 20-30 minutes gets a nice little buzz going. Camel is making it now here, bought a tin at Dara's the other day, I never liked smoking/chewing but snus is dangerous stuff for me. Had a buddy that started in 2006 now he's putting in 3 pouches at a time and goes through 1.5 tins a day (1 tin = 15 pouches). Just another way the tobacco companies are trying to get at us.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:09:42 PM by raquetcat »
“Nobody plays harder than Kansas State.  Bilas said that to me in person,” Martin said. Now, does that mean that I’m happy every day?  No, because it’s our job to continue to get those guys to continue to grow.”

February 25, 2009, 12:52:32 PM
Reply #88

cireksu

update

9 days

feels like 409 days but going strong.

:thumbsup:

February 25, 2009, 12:53:56 PM
Reply #89

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
How long does it take to break the physical addiction with cigs? With chew, they say it takes 10 days. Prolly about the same.

God damn if this thread doesn't make me want to crank a dip.