Date: 26/04/24 - 11:34 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: You all deserve to be forewarned.  (Read 24900 times)

August 30, 2006, 01:47:50 PM
Read 24900 times

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Guys and Gals, I need to tell you a story:

I received a phone call last Saturday Morning from none other then Tim Weiser.

During the course of our conversation I was told that I was being disassociated from Kansas State University Athletics.   My season ticket money was refunded, my Ahearn Donation refunded and my KSU-ku game ticket purchase was refunded.

Why you might ask??

Did I commit some NCAA violations that might get KSU into trouble??  No.   Did I get into a fight in the stands, or threaten someone in KSU athletics??  No. 

My "crime" ... too frequently questioning the direction and leadership of Kansas State  Athletics on Internet forums, and asking to many questions. 

Now had you listened to the conversation from last Saturday, you might have come away with the impression that I literally STALKED Tim Weiser and his staff ... bombarding them with emails, phone calls and letters daily, and generally making their life miserable. 

Now, if about 15 or so emails, and 1 letter over the course of FIVE years is your definition of stalking, then I am guilty.   Of those contacts only 3 could be considered negative and one or two of the THREE negatives were out of line ... which I freely admit (there's only so much $hit basketball a 35 year KSU fan can take).   But they were all words ... MERE words discussing the business of KSU athletics and threatening no one in any way.   It's hard for me to remember, because some of this stuff was either totally harmless, or from so far back, I can't even remember what I said.

The most interesting part of the conversation was when Tim Weiser started quoting Internet posts that I had made ... in some cases months, if not even YEARS ago.   It was quite clear that the man had kept a file on me, and as he said, "You are not someone that we want associated with Kansas State Athletics."  (I also believe that certain people who shall remain nameless who didn't like the fact that I refused to drink from the vat of Purple Kool-Aid  made sure Weiser saw some of my posts).

Weiser apparently operates under the edict that you make one or two phone calls back to someone, answer their question, feed them a line ... and then they're NEVER TO QUESTION OR SAY ANYTHING EVER AGAIN TO ANYONE ANYWHERE!!!   Kind of like when Stalin used to tell his military weapons designers, or generals that their next mistake would be their LAST mistake.   

I guess Weiser missed the posts where I defended him, like on the Radio deal and other things. 

While I disagreed with many of the things being done with KSU athletics, I still purchased season tickets, I INCREASED my Ahearn Donation, I have been trying to get my parents to change their estate to include KSU athletics, I purchased bowl tickets even though I had no prayer of going in order to help KSU sell their allotment, and I bought tickets to games I had no hope of attending and gave them away so KSU would either sell more tickets, or they wouldn't end up in the hands of oppossing team fans.  Heck I have no hope of making it back to the KSU-ku game, but I bought two tickets anyway and had already made arrangements to sell them for 1/4 their face value so they end up in the hands of a hardcore KSU fan.   

I have my contacts ... from what I understand this doesn't happen to anyone unless they're fighting in the stands, or causing KSU trouble with the NCAA ... again, I don't fit the bill on any of that. 

So, fairwarning to all my friends ... be careful what you say, or Herr Weiser might send you packing too.   Keep in mind, I am a nobody ... when I emailed or wrote (one letter) providing some input, I never thought or demanded for one second that they listen, I just spoke from concern and as someone who has followed KSU and the business of college athletics for 30 years now.   I have to laugh ... at Auburn they still have AD's and boosters around that were involved in flying private jets to various places looking for Tommy Tubberville's replacement ... in secret.   Those are the type of people that get "disassociated" from Athletic Departments ... not little old me type fans who just speak their mind.   

Still a K-State fan all the way, I was here a long time before Tim Weiser came around (like 25 years before) and I'll be here a long time after Tim Weiser leaves.   I have never been a "Oh well whatever you say" kind of person, and I guess I paid a price for my ways.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 01:49:43 PM by sonofdaxjones »

August 30, 2006, 01:52:19 PM
Reply #1

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

August 30, 2006, 02:03:25 PM
Reply #2

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH
WTH???  That aint right, not right at all.  :mad:
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Sir Winston Churchill

August 30, 2006, 02:27:15 PM
Reply #3

TheShocker

• Cub

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? That is the most insane thing I've ever heard. The fact that Weiser even pays attention to message boards let alone keeps tabs on people is ridiculous! That post has to be a joke, right?
gif of extremely hot girl removed by stevedave's boss

August 30, 2006, 02:31:03 PM
Reply #4

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

If he reads the boards , thats pretty cool though. ;)

August 30, 2006, 02:34:43 PM
Reply #5

sonofdaxjones

• All American

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? That is the most insane thing I've ever heard. The fact that Weiser even pays attention to message boards let alone keeps tabs on people is ridiculous! That post has to be a joke, right?

I wish it weren't true but it is.

I called up on Friday to find out where my football season tickets were since I hadn't received them yet and they had charged my credit card, taken my Ahearn donation and sold me tickets to the KSU-ku game ... and I was told I had to call Weiser.  We talked real time on Saturday morning at 8 a.m. EST.

August 30, 2006, 02:35:49 PM
Reply #6

WILDCAT NATION

• Cub

Finally.

I'd be interested to see how long a duplicate of your post would last "elsewhere" or "on another board".

August 30, 2006, 02:36:53 PM
Reply #7

WILDCAT NATION

• Cub

He called you at 7 am on a Saturday morning?

Well, unless he was hunting somewhere in the East i guess...

August 30, 2006, 02:37:31 PM
Reply #8

WILDCAT NATION

• Cub

I'd kill to see my file.

August 30, 2006, 02:54:36 PM
Reply #9

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I wanted to ask if he was on his bass boat when he called.

When I left him the message on Friday, I said that apparently I have been called to the Principal's office.

August 30, 2006, 03:01:14 PM
Reply #10

Saulbadguy

August 30, 2006, 03:02:59 PM
Reply #11

sonofdaxjones

• All American

August 30, 2006, 03:06:21 PM
Reply #12

Saulbadguy

What did you say in response to Weiser quoting your posts, or telling you all of those things? You left that part out.

August 30, 2006, 03:07:17 PM
Reply #13

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
There's obviously more to the story than what's being told here.
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but there is more to it than what's been presented.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

August 30, 2006, 03:13:39 PM
Reply #14

Racquetball_Ninja

Wait a minute, I'm not calling BS on this because I like conspiracy theories as much as the next guy but some things don't add up.  Wouldn't he have had to go through a Mod to get your contact information?  Unless of course you make it public knowledge as to your real name and telephone number when you post on the internet.  Help me out here... I want to believe.

August 30, 2006, 03:22:00 PM
Reply #15

sonofdaxjones

• All American

What did you say in response to Weiser quoting your posts, or telling you all of those things? You left that part out.

Well Tim ... I mean  Saul ... I told him I thought he was thin skinned, and I asked him if thought other business people refused to do business with people who complained about something from TIME TO TIME.   He tried to use the analogy of his talking with business people who say some people aren't worth doing business with ... well I agree; but in the real world it takes a whole lot more then a handful of posts on a pay for post Internet forum, and a couple of emails that might be construed as negative over the course of FIVE YEARS before any real company disassociates themselves with a customer.   Like I said; if I emailed, called, wrote and hammered away on the Internet, and marched outside the stadium or  Bramlage morning, noon and night railing on Weiser ... I could almost understand his position.   But that's not been the case.

August 30, 2006, 03:27:14 PM
Reply #16

Saulbadguy

Don't you think it is within his rights to do this?

August 30, 2006, 03:28:41 PM
Reply #17

sonofdaxjones

• All American

There's obviously more to the story than what's being told here.
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but there is more to it than what's been presented.

You know what ... I've racked my brain to see if I've done anything wrong.  Again, the only time I was negative really was when I was ticked off about a couple of the promotional events they had like Hot Dog Gate and Popcorn Gate ... when the athletic department completely screwed it up, and it was 1981 KSU athletics all over again ... no excuse for that from a $40 Million dollar plus enterprise, and not when I send relatives to one of those events because they were having a tough time and needed a night out for themselves and their kids and it was a complete disappointment for them, basically money just flushed right down the Toilet and Weiser basically doesn't give a $hit.

Again, other then that, I can't think of anything.   That's why when I tell my family or close friends about this, they just laugh at the absudity.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 03:34:28 PM by sonofdaxjones »

August 30, 2006, 03:29:39 PM
Reply #18

FBWillie

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Maybe he just didn't like your avatar....   Maybe you should put more purple in it.  For the record Tim, uhhmmm... hummm..  I mean everyone... I love KSU and would never say anything negative towards my beloved cats.  

*tap* *tap*  Testing 1..2...3...check check  1..2... *tap* *tap*
The comments posted above do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of FBWillie

August 30, 2006, 03:31:51 PM
Reply #19

ScubaSteve

• Cub

Wow.  That really sucks.

Have you really sent them about 15 e-mails and a letter?

I sent an e-mail to Bill Snyder once... thanking him for everything he's done.

August 30, 2006, 03:32:20 PM
Reply #20

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Sure Tim ... I mean Saul, I haven't ever thought that having tickets or donating was a right ... but you're telling me that the highest paid administrator on the KSU campus (by $100K) has such thin skin he can't handle what somebody says about him on the Internet??    Why would the CEO of a probably $50 million dollar enterprise care what somebody says about him every once in awhile on an Internet BBS ... would'nt you think the highest paid administrator on the KSU campus would have bigger fish to fry??

August 30, 2006, 03:40:26 PM
Reply #21

ScubaSteve

• Cub

Sure Tim ... I mean Saul, I haven't ever thought that having tickets or donating was a right ... but you're telling me that the highest paid administrator on the KSU campus (by $100K) has such thin skin he can't handle what somebody says about him on the Internet??    Why would the CEO of a probably $50 million dollar enterprise care what somebody says about him every once in awhile on an Internet BBS ... would'nt you think the highest paid administrator on the KSU campus would have bigger fish to fry??

Hmmm...perhaps he does have bigger fish to fry.  Maybe that's the point.

August 30, 2006, 03:44:48 PM
Reply #22

JavaCat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

Heck I have no hope of making it back to the KSU-ku game, but I bought two tickets anyway and had already made arrangements to sell them for 1/4 their face value so they end up in the hands of a hardcore KSU fan.

Would that hardcore fan be me? Please, please, please...

Seriously, this post needs one gigantic popcorn-eating smiley. What do you know Saul that you're not telling us? Does Weiser not care about the Star-Spangled Banner either?

August 30, 2006, 03:45:41 PM
Reply #23

Saulbadguy

Weiser is the savior of KSU athletics.

August 30, 2006, 03:46:54 PM
Reply #24

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Hmmm...perhaps he does have bigger fish to fry.  Maybe that's the point.

Maybe so ... but my email average was about one every 121 days.  I hadn't emailed Weiser directly in about 6 or 7 months, never called the guy directly, never attempted too.  Sent 1 letter that was co-written that wasn't complaining about anything about 2.5 years ago.   I am guilty I guess of paying to much attention, and asking why some things are said somedays, and something totally different is said a little while later.   Plus, when I say about 15 emails, only about 3 or 4 were to Weiser ... the rest were asking say Rod Cole how the new weightroom was, or Cliff Revolto how the new track was going.

August 30, 2006, 03:48:53 PM
Reply #25

Poopley

• Cub

• Personal Text
    rokkar stokkar
snicker.

you got the ax from your alma mater. damn, that is some fine assholery to get a cash-grubbing entity like that to give your money back.

REJECTED.

Even Fred Phelps' old church didn't send back his offering money to him.

August 30, 2006, 03:49:31 PM
Reply #26

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
Wait a minute, I'm not calling BS on this because I like conspiracy theories as much as the next guy but some things don't add up.  Wouldn't he have had to go through a Mod to get your contact information?  Unless of course you make it public knowledge as to your real name and telephone number when you post on the internet.  Help me out here... I want to believe.
?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

August 30, 2006, 03:50:34 PM
Reply #27

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Weiser is the savior of KSU athletics.

And I've complimented him on his financial stuff ... but he also acts like KSU athletics is a big savings account, what good does a $7 million dollar surplus do you, if all of your athletic teams are bringing up the rear of the conference??  Maybe you're planning on sucking even more and want to save it for when there's fewer fans in the stands??

Plus no Eddie Fogler ... no Bob Huggins, period.

August 30, 2006, 03:53:36 PM
Reply #28

Saulbadguy

Football has only been bad for the past couple of years.  God for bid. 

Basketball wasn't his hire, and we all know he wanted to fire him before the fact.  Bob &@#%ing Huggins. Come on.

He is constantly improving facilities, and trying to get K-State to the big time.

August 30, 2006, 03:53:46 PM
Reply #29

sonofdaxjones

• All American

snicker.

you got the ax from your alma mater. damn, that is some fine assholery to get a cash-grubbing entity like that to give your money back.

REJECTED.

Even Fred Phelps' old church didn't send back his offering money to him.

Maybe so ... that's why I am forewarning people, be careful what you say on the Internet about KSU's athletic administration, they're watching and keeping tabs.  Don't call Tim Weiser an "idiot" on the Internet when his department screws up ... he's watching.