Date: 19/04/24 - 08:32 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: You all deserve to be forewarned.  (Read 24868 times)

August 30, 2006, 08:54:11 PM
Reply #60

FloydCat

Maybe it was one of things like with Bush I and broccoli when he was president of the United States and didn't want to eat broccoli anymore. Weiser is the savior of KSU athletics and decided to pick one asshole to not put up with any more.

At least he had the stones to talk with you in person, sort of.  :lol:

August 30, 2006, 08:57:36 PM
Reply #61

sonofdaxjones

• All American

The Savior ... Bill Snyder was the Savior, Timmy just got here to ride the coat tails.  Bill Snyder basically hired the guy.

But he got his bullet back, and he was gonna use it.

August 30, 2006, 09:08:41 PM
Reply #62

sonofdaxjones

• All American

FloydCat??

As in Lon Floyd??

August 30, 2006, 09:13:55 PM
Reply #63

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Welcome kusports.com stalkers.

August 30, 2006, 09:18:06 PM
Reply #64

FloydCat

Um, yeah. That's me. Lon Floyd. I'm the one that Timbo has been paying to keep an eye on you. And I'm here to proclaim it!

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Or am I actually Floyd Landis? You'll never know.

But at least my alma mater still loves me.

August 30, 2006, 09:22:29 PM
Reply #65

sonofdaxjones

• All American

August 30, 2006, 09:57:27 PM
Reply #66

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
Um, yeah. That's me. Lon Floyd. I'm the one that Timbo has been paying to keep an eye on you. And I'm here to proclaim it!

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Or am I actually Floyd Landis? You'll never know.

But at least my alma mater still loves me.

I love the smell of peat in the evening.  That smell, you know that earthy smell...  Smells like...whisky !

Funditus Classless

August 30, 2006, 10:01:53 PM
Reply #67

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I understand that Misfitzermation has it wrong again.  When I canceled my rivals account, I told them that I thought that someone might be letting my personal information out and that's why I was cancelling my subscription ... I never told the Rivals people I had been blacklisted from PI.

But leave it to Misfitzermation to get it wrong as per usual.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 10:05:00 PM by sonofdaxjones »

August 30, 2006, 10:31:38 PM
Reply #68

mjrod

• Second String Wildcat

• MJROD Consulting Services, Inc
Well, I think since you're no longer a (recognized) KSU fan, you should transfer your college degree to another school or something.   I should just go ahead and ban you now because I'm sure you're going to cause a ruckus and whine about something else and I certainly don't need the AD on my ass...

Look, I don't have an opinion one way or another, but we're really only hearing your side of the story here.   I have read a lot of the comments you've made on GP.COM, and a couple of times I responded you slapped back telling me about how I was just ignoring "reality" and insinuated that I was drinking the purple koolaid too much. There was a time when you actually stated for the record that KSU was losing games because of facilities, inept AD administration, and how recruiting was being affected by it.  You even had RoboCat as an ally for a while until Leland pretty much caused him to go away.  I'm paraphrasing here based on my recollection, and not using exact wording.

I am genuinely sorry that you had to go through that, and I personally believe that you are a true and loyal KSU fan.  However, considering the way this has been handled, from your view, I'm quite certain there is more going on from both sides that hasn't been presented.  While others may have said you didn't say anything too critical, they aren't the ones who have to deal with it and the resulting fallout from it.   Like it or not, the AD has the final say so on how such matters are to be handled, and when you piss on the shoes of the big guy, you can't expect him not to do anything.   That's not to say you can't be critical and raise your concerns, and I'm sure that Weiser has heard many things.  It's one thing to raise your concerns to him directly, it's another to do so in a public forum where others who may or may not be donors read your comments and take them as gospel of what KSU is doing.  And more importantly, in a forum where Weiser is not at liberty to answer.  You have admitted that KSU is doing things in secret (to which I agree they probably are) but they may have legitimate reasons for doing such things, and when you're the guy in charge, you see things from a different perspective.

This isn't an attack on you, just my observations.   I have been involved in many projects where I have had to hold onto information from those working on my team because they didn't need to know, or it's release could have created some other issues.   And I have been chastised openly by some and have had to fire people because they ask too many questions or complain too much, especially in open forums.    I didn't want to, but there comes a time when it's more practical to get rid of the naysayers who can disrupt or cause problems because the projects doesn't have time to address every little concern that comes up from someone who really isn't in the know and especially if that person isn't a key player.  I'm not implying that you are that type of person, but a check of reality might help you to understand what I'm getting at.   This isn't about Stalinism or totalitarianism, it's about success of a project, product, or program and a lot of eggshells that must be protected and sometimes, you may not know what they are.  I don't think you did anything to genuinely cause problems for the program, but that isn't up to me to decide and my opinion is irrelevant when it comes to the issue you were dealing with.  At the same time, SOMETHING must have triggered it, and without knowing exactly what was said, and what the AD was using as a basis, all I can say is I hope you find a way to work it out.

Best of luck to you.

August 30, 2006, 10:31:53 PM
Reply #69

GoldbrickGangBoss

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    THE b IS NOT CAPITALIZED
Sounds like a raw deal.

But then again, we only get to hear your side of the story.
I'm telling you, this is not ANYTHING like the team from the beginning of conference play. You will see no more blowouts like what happened in OOC.  If we lose, it will not because these kids gave up, and it will be at the buzzer. -Rodless, before 97-70

August 30, 2006, 10:34:38 PM
Reply #70

GoldbrickGangBoss

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    THE b IS NOT CAPITALIZED
I have read a lot of the comments you've made on GP.COM, and a couple of times I responded you slapped back telling me about how I was just ignoring "reality" and insinuated that I was drinking the purple koolaid too much.

And?
I'm telling you, this is not ANYTHING like the team from the beginning of conference play. You will see no more blowouts like what happened in OOC.  If we lose, it will not because these kids gave up, and it will be at the buzzer. -Rodless, before 97-70

August 30, 2006, 10:35:53 PM
Reply #71

Fausto

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

I knew your lack of support of the Tom Asbury regime would come back to bite you!   :lol:

August 30, 2006, 10:43:34 PM
Reply #72

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I knew your lack of support of the Tom Asbury regime would come back to bite you!   :lol:

Tom's final revenge.

I fully realize this is only one side of the story.  But I'll say this ... if you ever hear the other side of the story beyond what I said on here, then let me know,  I'd love to hear it.

Again, if I'd really done something terrible then I wouldn't even have brought this up, but I am still laughing so much by what I was told on Saturday morning ... and think its so absurd that I thought I'd share it with you all.  Because its quite clear the boards are being monitored, and whatever you do, don't send any emails questioning anything at KSU, and then discuss it on the Internet ... and I am being completely serious.   When the AD at KSU is quoting Internet posts, just after he tells you that you're not the kind of fan that they want, how else can anyone interpret that??   The conversation didn't start off with, "about this letter bomb you just sent".

August 30, 2006, 11:18:01 PM
Reply #73

GoldbrickGangBoss

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    THE b IS NOT CAPITALIZED

Again, if I'd really done something terrible then I wouldn't even have brought this up

Why not bring it up? You know full well that no one will ever hear the other side of the story.

And you may not believe you crossed the line when it would be clear to anyone else that you did. Got any copies of those Kstate bound emails laying around somewhere?

August 30, 2006, 11:32:38 PM
Reply #74

kougar24

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    shame on you, non-believers
Yes, let's have show-and-tell...

August 30, 2006, 11:47:28 PM
Reply #75

sonofdaxjones

• All American

The emails that likely ticked him off are long gone on a blown up hard drive.  My last two emails to anyone at KSU were:

1.  To kurt McGuffin Associate AD about the status of my season tickets (no reply)
2.  About 2 months ago I asked Casey Scott Associate AD a general question about the stone being used on Vanier.

Insofar as emailing Weiser, the last time was like back in Febuary or so, and that hard drive is in pieces.

Now ... if want to read about my Internet posts, rejoin PI and ask the Kool-Aid crowd ... BTW, since somebody keeps letting me know what they're saying.  One ... don't difile the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the Ahearn Refund for 2007 (to date) will be $300 Taxie.

And Goldy Pissant ... I have been a KSU fan longer then you've been freakin alive ... "I think its funny that Dax thinks he's always been stalked ..." (but here you are, as per usual) . 

I see the usual suspects on phog.net ... Doc Squawksmith in the mix as per usual as well.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 12:04:25 AM by (former KSU fan) sonofdaxjones »

August 31, 2006, 12:05:06 AM
Reply #76

IceHawkE

Dax,

I am a frequent visitor and have seen KSU posts with a wide range of opinions from the kool aid drinkers to the pragmatics .  From level headed to positively passionate if not insanely optimistic.

However, your posts are almost entirely negative regardless of the subject.   You want to lay this at the feet of Tim Weiser, but perhaps you should look at yourself.  Like some previous posters already have pointed out, we will only get your side of the story and quite frankly you playing the victim card doesn't come off real well.

So now you are a former KSU fan because of this.  Apparently, all along this was about you not your love of Kansas State University.

Perhaps you got what you deserved.

August 31, 2006, 12:10:37 AM
Reply #77

ScubaSteve

• Cub

Dax,

I am a frequent visitor and have seen KSU posts with a wide range of opinions from the kool aid drinkers to the pragmatics .  From level headed to positively passionate if not insanely optimistic.

However, your posts are almost entirely negative regardless of the subject.   You want to lay this at the feet of Tim Weiser, but perhaps you should look at yourself.  Like some previous posters already have pointed out, we will only get your side of the story and quite frankly you playing the victim card doesn't come off real well.

So now you are a former KSU fan because of this.  Apparently, all along this was about you not your love of Kansas State University.

Perhaps you got what you deserved.

Hmmmm.... You think?

Always look on the bright side of life.  I always say.

August 31, 2006, 12:11:43 AM
Reply #78

sonofdaxjones

• All American

That's fine to doubt what I say ... but as I keep saying had it been beyond more then someone not liking what I said in some emails or on the Internet, then I wouldn't be saying anything at all.

If I'd called and told Tim Weiser I was going to "blow up his house if he didn't listen to me" ... then I sure as hell wouldn't be telling the folks on here to watch what they say on Internet BBS's about KSU.  

When one of the reasons a person gives you for them "disassociating" you from an organization that they're the head of is because you called them an idiot in a post on a Bulletin Board (sometime way back when) ... then that's pretty much the basic flavor of the whole conversation.  It wasn't, "You can't send O.J. Mayo a car, fight people in the stands, and oh by the way, you called me an idiot on the Internet".   I didn't write "You Suck" in the man's lawn with Round-Up.

August 31, 2006, 12:17:16 AM
Reply #79

mjrod

• Second String Wildcat

• MJROD Consulting Services, Inc
Hmmmm.... You think?

Always look on the bright side of life.  I always say.

Bring out your dead.   It's a beautiful mornin'.

August 31, 2006, 12:24:35 AM
Reply #80

FloydCat

I didn't write "You Suck" in the man's lawn with Round-Up.

But you wanted to do that, didn't you? And you still do, don't you? If only you didn't live so far away. If only you couldn't be right there and make him do just what you want him do to, right?

August 31, 2006, 12:25:04 AM
Reply #81

sonofdaxjones

• All American

IceE ... you ever heard of sarcasm, or are you like every other squawk who has the sense of humor of an Enema??

Thanks and God Bless ... is sarcasm.

August 31, 2006, 12:26:20 AM
Reply #82

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I didn't write "You Suck" in the man's lawn with Round-Up.

But you wanted to do that, didn't you? And you still do, don't you? If only you didn't live so far away. If only you couldn't be right there and make him do just what you want him do to, right?

Right Floyd ... you're exactly right.   :jerkoff:

August 31, 2006, 12:29:56 AM
Reply #83

ScubaSteve

• Cub

That's fine to doubt what I say ... but as I keep saying had it been beyond more then someone not liking what I said in some emails or on the Internet, then I wouldn't be saying anything at all.

If I'd called and told Tim Weiser I was going to "blow up his house if he didn't listen to me" ... then I sure as hell wouldn't be telling the folks on here to watch what they say on Internet BBS's about KSU.  

When one of the reasons a person gives you for them "disassociating" you from an organization that they're the head of is because you called them an idiot in a post on a Bulletin Board (sometime way back when) ... then that's pretty much the basic flavor of the whole conversation.  It wasn't, "You can't send O.J. Mayo a car, fight people in the stands, and oh by the way, you called me an idiot on the Internet".   I didn't write "You Suck" in the man's lawn with Round-Up.

Go ahead and keep feeling sorry for yourself, Dax.  What kills me is that you still don't get it.  Was it worth it?  All of your enjoyment you have received from bitching and complaining and e-mailing the AD's office and posting over and over about the same old crap, has resulted in you not even being able to buy a ticket to a home football game.  Yet, you still think you have no fault here.  You have two choices.  You can go on feeling sorry for yourself, or you can realize that just maybe you might want to reevaluate the way you act.  I suggest you might concentrating your energy into something positive.  Think about what you can accomplish.  When life serves you lemons, make lemonade.

August 31, 2006, 12:33:46 AM
Reply #84

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Go ahead and keep feeling sorry for yourself, Dax.  What kills me is that you still don't get it.  Was it worth it?  All of your enjoyment you have received from bitching and complaining and e-mailing the AD's office and posting over and over about the same old @#%$, has resulted in you not even being able to buy a ticket to a home football game.  Yet, you still think you have no fault here.  You have two choices.  You can go on feeling sorry for yourself, or you can realize that just maybe you might want to reevaluate the way you act.  I suggest you might concentrating your energy into something positive.  Think about what you can accomplish.  When life serves you lemons, make lemonade.

Life is great ... thanks.

Headed to the lake this weekend  get the Plasma screen fired up for college football.  That is if the storm doesn't mess things up to much.

August 31, 2006, 12:35:11 AM
Reply #85

IceHawkE

That's the thing, Dax is never ever wrong...at least that is what he wants everyone to believe.

Only Dax would have ever know this happened, assuming it actually did.   But rather than just bury it, he comes on with a lame butt justification.  

This dude simply cannot get over himself.   He's an all time college football Internet classic, but not for what he intended.

August 31, 2006, 12:42:00 AM
Reply #86

FloydCat

if his personality disorder is more borderline or has he gone narcissistic?

August 31, 2006, 12:42:44 AM
Reply #87

sonofdaxjones

• All American

That's the thing, Dax is never ever wrong...at least that is what he wants everyone to believe.

Only Dax would have ever know this happened, assuming it actually did.   But rather than just bury it, he comes on with a lame butt justification.  

This dude simply cannot get over himself.   He's an all time college football Internet classic, but not for what he intended.

Oh boy, add another to the long list of Squawk Stalkers.

Okay, you win, I made it all up, it's a lie ... or ... I left a severed horses head in Tim Weiser's bed. (cue Capt. Literal squawk team).

Lame Butt ... you mean Lame Ass??

Floyd Cat ... continues to flame out.

August 31, 2006, 12:44:16 AM
Reply #88

ScubaSteve

• Cub

I agree with a hawk.  Dogs and cats sleeping together.

His actions resulted in being disassociated with his alma mater, yet he did nothing wrong.  Yep, makes sense to me.

August 31, 2006, 12:46:04 AM
Reply #89

GoldbrickGangBoss

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    THE b IS NOT CAPITALIZED
are you like every other squawk who has the sense of humor of an Enema??

The incredible irony...