Date: 16/05/24 - 12:00 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 51072 times)

September 03, 2009, 03:41:50 PM
Reply #150

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Now #2 on Jerry Meyers '12 list.  He's listing KSU according to Rivals.

so here's the thing with austin.  team texas 17s coach is friend of frank, ray forsett.  who is also the arlington prep coach.  austin transferred to arlington prep this year, presumably recruited there by forsett.

but in googling austin, i also see a pic of him in a texas assault uniform.  have no idea if this is good, bad or nothing.  seems like it'd be good to have him following forsett around like a puppy.  but, oth, texas assault must be one of the new regional assaults.  which can't be bad, though probably isn't good.

anyways, austin should just listen to what forsett says.  unless he comes across malone somewhere, then he should probably also listen to malone.  unless malone hates kstate now for the beasley fiasco.  in which case, he's better off listening just to forsett.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

September 03, 2009, 03:43:57 PM
Reply #151

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

October 05, 2009, 02:39:35 PM
Reply #153

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks

October 07, 2009, 02:07:45 PM
Reply #154

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
According to this guy, we have offered Clint McCullough:

http://twitter.com/ONPSS

Also, he says we visited Trey Burke, and LOL @ tony mitchell's final schools.

October 07, 2009, 02:21:40 PM
Reply #155

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
According to this guy, we have offered Clint McCullough:

http://twitter.com/ONPSS

Also, he says we visited Trey Burke, and LOL @ tony mitchell's final schools.

you didn't see kcprephoops' tweet refuting both of those claims?

agree with the lol @ mitchell's mother's final list.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

October 07, 2009, 02:23:49 PM
Reply #156

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
:curse:

I actually checked KCprephoops because of your post.

October 07, 2009, 02:29:20 PM
Reply #157

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
:curse:

I actually checked KCprephoops because of your post.

:dancin:

lots of recent burke articles around.  seems to be a hot name in big 10 circles.

Coach Beilein, I reside in Columbus Ohio and a huge Michigan fan.. I am wondering why we don't recruit in this area? There are rival top 150 kids who haven't even recieved a letter from UM. One example is my Godson,Trey Burke who is now being recruited by nearly every team in the big 10 except Michigan. I am attempting to keep him from the Buckeyes as Coach Boales is turning up the heat. Hell, I would rather he went anywhere but there. Oh well, just needed to vent alittle. Hope you recieve this in great health and spirits. Sincerely, a Wolverine for life!!! Bob Morant

October 13, 2009, 07:40:01 AM
Reply #158

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
I guess Jordan Goodman info goes in this thread.  They list him as a 2011, but whatever:

PF Jordan Goodman (6-8, 195), Upper Marlboro, MD: Goodman is a multi-skilled big kid with NBA potential, but he has also moved around quite a bit and continues to work on maturation. A member of the ESPN.com Super 60 for 2011, WVU has reportedly offered him a scholarship and appears to stand a good chance. “I think he’s going to go to Kansas State or West Virginia, if I had to say,” said one source very close to Goodman’s recruitment.

http://eersports.com/bb-recruiting/bb-recruiting/110-the-big-board-wvu-hoops-recruiting-overview
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:50:33 AM by michigancat »

October 13, 2009, 07:45:51 AM
Reply #159

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

I guess Jordan Goodman info goes in this thread.  They list him as a 2011, but whatever:

PF Jordan Good (6-8, 195), Upper Marlboro, MD: Goodman is a multi-skilled big kid with NBA potential, but he has also moved around quite a bit and continues to work on maturation. A member of the ESPN.com Super 60 for 2011, WVU has reportedly offered him a scholarship and appears to stand a good chance. “I think he’s going to go to Kansas State or West Virginia, if I had to say,” said one source very close to Goodman’s recruitment.

http://eersports.com/bb-recruiting/bb-recruiting/110-the-big-board-wvu-hoops-recruiting-overview

KSU:  :dancin:  WVU:  :curse:

I still want my cooler, bitches!

October 13, 2009, 07:56:51 AM
Reply #160

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
i'd lay odds that somewhere in the family tree, jordan is related to jeff.  might as well reserve another courtside seat in the celeb section of the OOD right next to Lebron for ol' Goody.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

October 13, 2009, 08:42:32 AM
Reply #161

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!

PF Jordan Goodman (6-8, 195), Upper Marlboro, MD: Goodman is a multi-skilled big kid with NBA potential, but he has also moved around quite a bit and continues to work on maturation. A member of the ESPN.com Super 60 for 2011, WVU has reportedly offered him a scholarship and appears to stand a good chance. “I think he’s going to go to Kansas State or West Virginia, if I had to say,” said one source very close to Goodman’s recruitment.

i would have to think that this part is worth a quote too:

Goodman transferred this fall to Progressive Christian Academy in Camp Springs, Md., this fall in an effort to shore his transcript. He’ll visit Kansas State next weekend and could be making a trip to Morgantown soon as well, assuming he doesn’t commit to K-State first.

Same weekend as Asprilla.  I would totally J in my P if both committed over the weekend.  Make it happen Frank.  Make it happen 'Te.

October 13, 2009, 08:57:41 AM
Reply #162

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Same weekend as Asprilla.  I would totally J in my P if both committed over the weekend.  Make it happen Frank.  Make it happen 'Te.

Yeah, that would be a great event
<---------Click the ball

October 13, 2009, 09:02:26 AM
Reply #163

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
i wonder if cook and goodman get along?  cook never seems to mention goodman.

October 13, 2009, 09:25:28 AM
Reply #164

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
ha!  I stopped reading after the paragraph I quoted.

October 13, 2009, 11:54:51 AM
Reply #165

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

October 13, 2009, 12:41:05 PM
Reply #166

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text

October 13, 2009, 02:33:23 PM
Reply #167

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
saw a thread on some random message board where some random guy said that goodman considered transferring to arlington country day this summer.   :)

but he didn't end up going, obviously.   :frown:

pca players and players that have said that they'd attend pca (but then didn't) haven't gone that well for ksu.  not a significant sample size though.

October 15, 2009, 09:38:57 AM
Reply #168

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
gpc rumoring that cauley will unofficial this weekend too.  seems like it might be sort of a big weekend for younger unofficials.

October 15, 2009, 09:50:04 AM
Reply #169

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
gpc rumoring that cauley will unofficial this weekend too.  seems like it might be sort of a big weekend for younger unofficials.

What's the deal with that kid?  Very little out there. 
<---------Click the ball

October 15, 2009, 02:06:01 PM
Reply #170

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

October 15, 2009, 02:23:58 PM
Reply #171

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text

bossi says he needs to develop skills.

October 15, 2009, 02:45:44 PM
Reply #172

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

bossi says he needs to develop skills.

Yeah, given he's from Spearville I assumed as much.
<---------Click the ball

October 16, 2009, 06:12:20 PM
Reply #173

yosh

• Senior Cub

Interesting contrast and compare in Myers mailbag.  Someone from Hutch asked him to compare Goodman and Ellis.  I'm going to a be dick and not link it...but you should check it out.
Cada hombre un gato salvaje!

October 16, 2009, 06:18:05 PM
Reply #174

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Interesting contrast and compare in Myers mailbag.  Someone from Hutch asked him to compare Goodman and Ellis.  I'm going to a be dick and not link it...but you should check it out.

Your name is Greg?  Honestly didn't see that coming.
<---------Click the ball

October 16, 2009, 11:31:13 PM
Reply #175

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!

Your name is Greg?  Honestly didn't see that coming.

Greg?  How many Japanese dudes are named Greg?

October 18, 2009, 08:51:08 AM
Reply #176

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
goodman was at georgetown this weekend, per ron bailey.

October 18, 2009, 10:56:49 AM
Reply #177

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks
Could one of you &@#%ing nerds do a quick summary of the legitimate targets for 2012.  And don't include a bunch of far fetched crap either....just legit targets.

October 18, 2009, 11:19:57 AM
Reply #178

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Jordan Goodman - PF DC Assault guy
Perry Ellis - OK, not really legit, but whatevs
Clint McCullough - maybe best KC area prospect; 6-6 SF/PF type, we have allegedly offered
Willie Cauley - 6-11 C from Spearville; we have allegedly offered
Isaiah Austin - Elite Center from Dallas coached by Nick Russell's coach

that's about it now.

October 18, 2009, 11:23:44 AM
Reply #179

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Could one of you fracking nerds do a quick summary of the legitimate targets for 2012.  And don't include a bunch of far fetched crap either....just legit targets.

i'd guess ksu would be the team to beat for mccullough.  feel like it is too early/not enough media info avail. to even guess on anyone else.