Date: 23/05/24 - 00:35 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 51184 times)

October 18, 2009, 11:42:29 AM
Reply #180

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
another name for the 2013 radar to go with wainwright:

conner frankamp from wichita is getting some attention.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

October 18, 2009, 04:11:51 PM
Reply #181

blackmild1

• Cub

another name for the 2013 radar to go with wainwright:

conner frankamp from wichita is getting some attention.
he will be at  wichita north this year  8-)
it great to be a jayhawk

u digg

October 18, 2009, 10:33:23 PM
Reply #182

ThisIsHappening

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I Am Bleed Purple
Jordan Goodman - PF DC Assault guy
Perry Ellis - OK, not really legit, but whatevs
Clint McCullough - maybe best KC area prospect; 6-6 SF/PF type, we have allegedly offered
Willie Cauley - 6-11 C from Spearville; we have allegedly offered
Isaiah Austin - Elite Center from Dallas coached by Nick Russell's coach

that's about it now.

Pretty sure that he visited this weekend...super tall but seriously skinny.
Let'sh get Drunk!!!

-Lou Holtz  K(ent)-State 1959

October 20, 2009, 09:04:19 AM
Reply #183

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I may be full of sh*t, but i won't be de-turd.
less favorable Oct. evaluation for Ellis on ESPN. Still would be a huge get.

October, 2009: Ellis has had a national reputation (Gatorade player of the year in Kansas) for quite some time, but his upside doesn't appear as promising. He is a physical specimen at the power forward spot but his frame looks maxed-out. He uses his body well to finish in traffic and he can step out and hit the mid-range pull-up at the elbow. In addition, he has a pretty deceptive 1st step while attacking the basket. However, against great athletes he needs space to finish and he doesn't play with a high motor all the time. Ellis is a solid Division I four-man for the next level, but I'm not sure if his talent translates to the highest level.
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

October 20, 2009, 09:18:32 AM
Reply #184

yosh

• Senior Cub

October, 2009: Ellis has had a national reputation (Gatorade player of the year in Kansas) for quite some time, but his upside doesn't appear as promising. He is a physical specimen at the power forward spot but his frame looks maxed-out. He uses his body well to finish in traffic and he can step out and hit the mid-range pull-up at the elbow. In addition, he has a pretty deceptive 1st step while attacking the basket. However, against great athletes he needs space to finish and he doesn't play with a high motor all the time. Ellis is a solid Division I four-man for the next level, but I'm not sure if his talent translates to the highest level.

Not suprising.  Ellis has ahd that "stock is going to plummet as class catches up to him physically" feel to him since the get go.  I don't see him ever dropping out of top 100, but I don't think he's a 5-star canidate in the long run.
Cada hombre un gato salvaje!

October 20, 2009, 09:37:37 AM
Reply #185

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
travis releford v2.   :yuck:
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

October 20, 2009, 10:27:51 AM
Reply #186

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
releford was never that good

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

October 20, 2009, 11:51:39 AM
Reply #187

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

Not suprising.  Ellis has ahd that "stock is going to plummet as class catches up to him physically" feel to him since the get go.  I don't see him ever dropping out of top 100, but I don't think he's a 5-star canidate in the long run.

I made that same statement after the first classic and bbhoops tried to stab me. 

I still want my cooler, bitches!

October 21, 2009, 06:01:30 PM
Reply #188

emaw!

our aau team held him to a quiet game when we beat his team this past summer, of course it was just some tournement

October 22, 2009, 02:50:07 PM
Reply #189

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
can't describe how happy this makes me.  more the isu part than the ksu part (though he'd be a nice recruit to get).

Staten is still considering Iowa State, but the Cyclones will have plenty of competition. Staten listed Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Kansas State, USC, Arkansas and LSU as schools that have already expressed interest in him.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1005468

October 28, 2009, 08:06:29 PM
Reply #190

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
can't describe how happy this makes me.  more the isu part than the ksu part (though he'd be a nice recruit to get).

Staten is still considering Iowa State, but the Cyclones will have plenty of competition. Staten listed Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Kansas State, USC, Arkansas and LSU as schools that have already expressed interest in him.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1005468

2012 guard Wesley Staten decommitted and then recommitted to the Cyclones.

weird

http://www.gocyclones.com/news.php?ID=2019

October 28, 2009, 08:38:58 PM
Reply #191

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
yeah, def. weird.  sounds pretty good for him decommitting again, but just goes to show you can't count your decommits till they don't sign.

October 29, 2009, 07:52:57 AM
Reply #192

PowercatPat

• Senior Cub

I wish Tony Mitchell would have done that.  :curse:

November 21, 2009, 11:37:29 PM
Reply #193

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q1ONB2fZ48&feature=related

hill and huggins watching goodman and the 16s @ 3:46.

November 21, 2009, 11:43:21 PM
Reply #194

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
hill looks great.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 22, 2009, 10:18:34 AM
Reply #195

PowercatPat

• Senior Cub

Frack Huggins. I will never like that asshole again.

December 02, 2009, 05:30:57 PM
Reply #196

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
new name, deion houston.

Duncanville (Texas) point guard Deion Houston also has the attention of college coaches. Florida International - where Houston plans to visit in January - SMU, tcu, North Texas and Georgia State have all offered Houston. Oklahoma and Baylor have hosted him on unofficial visits, and Texas A&M, Kansas State, Texas Tech, VCU and Old Dominion are also showing strong interest.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1023404

from the same update, shawn smith of arlington day is getting high-major interest.  no indication that ksu is involved, but you'd think it is just a matter of time.

December 07, 2009, 04:22:20 PM
Reply #197

gunnar1073

• Cub

Clint McCullough - maybe best KC area prospect; 6-6 SF/PF type, we have allegedly offered

that's about it now.

Underwood coached his Dad at Dodge City Juco in the early 90's.  Believe he played D1 at Pitt.

December 07, 2009, 04:45:27 PM
Reply #198

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Clint McCullough - maybe best KC area prospect; 6-6 SF/PF type, we have allegedly offered

that's about it now.

Underwood coached his Dad at Dodge City Juco in the early 90's.  Believe he played D1 at Pitt.

wow, great info.  Found this:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1290&dat=19940921&id=280PAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PY0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=3923,3062760

Underwood quotes here:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1129&dat=19931116&id=gUUOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=330DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4841,100124

His dad was 6-6, 252.  :eek:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:49:17 PM by michigancat »

December 07, 2009, 04:46:38 PM
Reply #199

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
and holy, sh*t, at google's new newspaper search.  :eek:

December 07, 2009, 06:24:39 PM
Reply #200

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

December 08, 2009, 01:43:15 AM
Reply #201

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!
and holy, sh*t, at google's new newspaper search.  :eek:
:eek:

How the &@#% does Google have/store crap that that old?  Is that crap scanned?  Regardless of the format, I'm having trouble just trying to wrap my head head around the logistics of the whole thing.

December 23, 2009, 01:55:28 PM
Reply #202

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

December 23, 2009, 03:22:07 PM
Reply #203

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.
looks like we are the only one to offer Cauley so far.  any reports of other schools offering?
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

December 31, 2009, 10:56:38 PM
Reply #204

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
per phog premium leakers, self backpedaling on ellis.

so you are saying that if Perry Ellis called Bill Self tomorrow and wanted to commit, Self would say no?? I doubt it.

yup.... would in more words than this, tell him to wait a while.

December 31, 2009, 11:53:21 PM
Reply #205

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
per phog premium leakers, self backpedaling on ellis.

so you are saying that if Perry Ellis called Bill Self tomorrow and wanted to commit, Self would say no?? I doubt it.

yup.... would in more words than this, tell him to wait a while.

pretty much points to ellis to KSU IMO. 

January 06, 2010, 09:44:13 AM
Reply #206

Johnny Wichita

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Did they pay you to screw that bear?
Playing ball with one of Ellis' coaches today at noon.  I'll try to get some super insidery info. 
I could care less if you guys are good this year. I really could.  You guys are talkin trash on the fieldhouse. Saying Bramlage is way louder and better and stuff. :crybaby:

January 06, 2010, 12:29:23 PM
Reply #207

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!
Playing ball with one of Ellis' coaches today at noon.  I'll try to get some super insidery info. 

Go get 'em Johnny.

January 06, 2010, 12:57:51 PM
Reply #208

jsstuber

• Cub

Johnny...which coach?  I'm buddies with his middle school coach.

January 06, 2010, 01:28:43 PM
Reply #209

Johnny Wichita

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Did they pay you to screw that bear?
One of the assistants at Heights.  Missed it today because of a last second lunch meeting but we're playing again on Friday.  Will report. 
I could care less if you guys are good this year. I really could.  You guys are talkin trash on the fieldhouse. Saying Bramlage is way louder and better and stuff. :crybaby: