Date: 28/04/24 - 02:14 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: We can't have it both ways  (Read 7567 times)

January 22, 2010, 03:24:43 PM
Reply #90

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Try selling out Bramlage for more than two or three games a year... then we'll talk.

The entire 2007-2008 season was sold out, every conference game this year has sold out, 9 out of the final 10 home games of the season have sold out, the other game against a nobody had over 10,000 on a $hitty weather day during winter break.  

January 22, 2010, 03:25:54 PM
Reply #91

ku4life

• Cub

Why didnt they come to Manhattan for another Big 12 team then??? If this arena of yours is so loud and great I think the whole country would just be so excited to see you guys in action against any team??

Classic dumbass kutard logic?

ESPN slobbers all over Duke's knob . . . why doesn't gameday show up unless they're playing UNC??

Ohio State has one of the greatest college football atmosphere's in the country everytime they play in Columbus . . . why does college football gameday only show up if their playing USC or another marquee team??

Those are all great rivalries. You can't call ku-K-state a great rivalry unless you want to talk about ku beating you every time except for twice in 25 years. I think its gonna be quite humorous on gameday when they start talking about how ku has just owned the series especially recently. I mean its obvious that gameday wants to see the Hawks and this was the only time that would work. BTW. ku has hosted gameday agaist Texas and A&M before. Come talk to me when you guys host gameday against someone other than ku!

January 22, 2010, 03:26:26 PM
Reply #92

catsdo

• Cub

Man ku fans are annoying.  You guys still upset Baylor didn't slob your knob during your highlight video the other night?

January 22, 2010, 03:28:18 PM
Reply #93

BMWJhawk

Is it true that the longest homecourt winning streak at Bramlage is 14 games?

January 22, 2010, 03:29:19 PM
Reply #94

Ghost of Stan Parrish

• Cub

• My profile
BACK ON TOPIC:

I hope Currie turns out to be the kind of ruthless ball cutter that Lew Perkins is.  I hope Currie jacks up the prices for tickets and parking next year.  And I hope he moves the students to the ends of the coliseum and opens up a new premium seating area in its place.

KSU will always be middling and "never have nice things" until it puts on it's big-boy pants and slaps the alumns with the cold, hard realities of increasing revenue.  I simply can't believe all of the posters here (not all of them) who want Martin to get a pay raise but don't want to pay for it personally.  That's not how the world works.  (I could go on a political rant here, but this isn't the place...)
每個人一野貓!

January 22, 2010, 03:31:42 PM
Reply #95

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

BACK ON TOPIC:

I hope Currie turns out to be the kind of ruthless ball cutter that Lew Perkins is.  I hope Currie jacks up the prices for tickets and parking next year.  And I hope he moves the students to the ends of the coliseum and opens up a new premium seating area in its place.

KSU will always be middling and "never have nice things" until it puts on it's big-boy pants and slaps the alumns with the cold, hard realities of increasing revenue.  I simply can't believe all of the posters here (not all of them) who want Martin to get a pay raise but don't want to pay for it personally.  That's not how the world works.  (I could go on a political rant here, but this isn't the place...)

which ones are complaining but not willing to pay? i want a list.

January 22, 2010, 03:32:17 PM
Reply #96

ku4life

• Cub

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1974962

That article is from 2005 before you guys were such the powerhouse in basketball. I'm still looking for K-state and Bramlage on that list. But yet every single person has the fieldhouse on there list.

January 22, 2010, 03:34:00 PM
Reply #97

Ghost of Stan Parrish

• Cub

• My profile
BACK ON TOPIC:

I haven't been keeping a list, and I don't know who donates, but some of the posters in this thread who don't want to give up prime student seating, for example.
每個人一野貓!

January 22, 2010, 03:34:10 PM
Reply #98

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
what a miserable thread.

January 22, 2010, 03:34:52 PM
Reply #99

sonofdaxjones

• All American

You comparison has nothing to do with nothing ku4life.

Please read back through my posts and tell me just where I mentioned anything about a "great rivalry" vis a vis K-State vis ku . . . good luck.  

But I do love the phogtard spin . . . ESPN college basketball gameday couldn't have possibly found any other day to "fit" a stop for a game with Kansas in, except for the game at K-State.   Whatever you need to make yourselves feel better I guess.  By my count, since the gameday tour started this year, ku will  playe 6 Saturday games NOT against K-State . . . but K-State is the only one that would "work".

Just admit it, you and the rest of phog, just like Ben are extremely pissed off that K-State is getting so much publicity . . . you can't stand it, and that's why you are here in full blown kutard validation and affirmation mode.

The same thing happened when Snyder was winning all those games in football, you, Jayhoax and the 7 other phogtards who bothered to pay attention to football were absolutely out of your minds with rage.

January 22, 2010, 03:35:20 PM
Reply #100

catsdo

• Cub

BACK ON TOPIC:

Yeah I'd personally pay a sh*tload to keep Martin.  But I'm not going to support changing our student section and ruining the OOD atmosphere thats been getting so much national attention lately.

January 22, 2010, 03:36:50 PM
Reply #101

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
FACT:  STUDENTS CAN'T GET CRAZY IN AN END ZONE

January 22, 2010, 03:38:07 PM
Reply #102

catsdo

• Cub

They can, it'd just be like every other school in the Big 12.  But who wants to be original?  We should change everything about our school to make it just like Nebraska.

January 22, 2010, 03:38:51 PM
Reply #103

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

BACK ON TOPIC:

I haven't been keeping a list, and I don't know who donates, but some of the posters in this thread who don't want to give up prime student seating, for example.

but did these posters also want martin to get a pay raise? did you crosscheck this?

January 22, 2010, 03:39:54 PM
Reply #104

sonofdaxjones

• All American

If this continues, they need to look at expanding the seating . I suspect moving the walls back a few feet is possible and adding another couple of rows of seats around most of the top is possible, but they'd have to also re-do the concourses as well to make up for the lost space.  

They also need to look at putting in portable seating at the top of the tunnel that can be folded back when they don't need it, but brought down when they do for games.  

January 22, 2010, 03:43:58 PM
Reply #105

Ghost of Stan Parrish

• Cub

• My profile
BACK ON TOPIC:

but did these posters also want martin to get a pay raise? did you crosscheck this?

Good point.  I'm running a program right now to cross-check.  Also, I'll spend the weekend hacking into the Alumni Association's database to find out which posters actually donate.  No more pretending here, folks...
每個人一野貓!

January 22, 2010, 03:52:34 PM
Reply #106

ku4life

• Cub

Please read back through my posts and tell me just where I mentioned anything about a "great rivalry" vis a vis K-State vis ku . . . good luck.  

But I do love the phogtard spin . . . ESPN college basketball gameday couldn't have possibly found any other day to "fit" a stop for a game with Kansas in, except for the game at K-State.   Whatever you need to make yourselves feel better I guess.  By my count, since the gameday tour started this year, ku will  playe 6 Saturday games NOT against K-State . . . but K-State is the only one that would "work".

Just admit it, you and the rest of phog, just like Ben are extremely pissed off that K-State is getting so much publicity . . . you can't stand it, and that's why you are here in full blown kutard validation and affirmation mode.

The same thing happened when Snyder was winning all those games in football, you, Jayhoax and the 7 other phogtards who bothered to pay attention to football were absolutely out of your minds with rage.

I could care less if you guys are good this year. Because this is your best team in a long time and we are still better haha!  Until you guys win just 1 Big 12 title just 1 then we might start comparing a little bit. I mean we have won 5 in a row so if you win one then that would be impressive. I just cant stand it when you guys think you are so good because you are having one good year. Win about 50 conference title and about 5 National Championships and then we will talk about who is better.

January 22, 2010, 03:53:26 PM
Reply #107

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

BACK ON TOPIC:

Good point.  I'm running a program right now to cross-check.  Also, I'll spend the weekend hacking into the Alumni Association's database to find out which posters actually donate.  No more pretending here, folks...

i guess i just figured that the overall condescending/belittling tone of your post combined with the usage of the phrase "all of the posters here" probably meant that there was at least one person fitting into your imagined little category. must have misunderstood or something. good luck on the alumni association database hacking thing though. let me know if you have any luck.

January 22, 2010, 03:57:15 PM
Reply #108

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I could care less if you guys are good this year. Because this is your best team in a long time and we are still better haha!  Until you guys win just 1 Big 12 title just 1 then we might start comparing a little bit. I mean we have won 5 in a row so if you win one then that would be impressive. I just cant stand it when you guys think you are so good because you are having one good year. Win about 50 conference title and about 5 National Championships and then we will talk about who is better.

Then why are you here?? 

Plus, when have I compared anything to ku in this thread, and frankly ever said K-State basketball was on par with ku?? 

You're response only proves my point . . . you are absolutely beside yourself with rage that K-State is getting so much publicity right now.   You clearly are carrying your rage towards the retards from kstatefans or gopowercat, or your boss the K-State alum out on us.   

January 22, 2010, 04:03:01 PM
Reply #109

ku4life

• Cub

Then why are you here?? 

Plus, when have I compared anything to ku in this thread, and frankly ever said K-State basketball was on par with ku?? 

You're response only proves my point . . . you are absolutely beside yourself with rage that K-State is getting so much publicity right now.   You clearly are carrying your rage towards the retards from kstatefans or gopowercat, or your boss the K-State alum out on us.   

You guys are talkin trash on the fieldhouse. Saying Bramlage is way louder and better when I think we all know that is false. Rock Chalk to Allen Fieldhouse the greatest college basketball arena in the nation. 53 in a row just doesn't happen by chance!

January 22, 2010, 04:04:30 PM
Reply #110

Johnny Wichita

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Did they pay you to screw that bear?

Then why are you here?? 

We just wanted to come over here and tell you we don't care.  We don't care at all.  Just wanted to come spend some time telling you how much we don't care.  
I could care less if you guys are good this year. I really could.  You guys are talkin trash on the fieldhouse. Saying Bramlage is way louder and better and stuff. :crybaby:

January 22, 2010, 04:26:20 PM
Reply #111

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Wow, I never knew what a complete tard ku4life was until now.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:49:27 PM by sonofdaxjones »

January 22, 2010, 05:18:45 PM
Reply #112

ku4life

• Cub

how is that? because you guys think you guys are finally good because your in the top ten but yet again the one year that you are actually good your big bro still is better. gosh it must suck! haha

January 22, 2010, 05:22:50 PM
Reply #113

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School

how is that? because you guys think you guys are finally good because your in the top ten but yet again the one year that you are actually good your big bro still is better. gosh it must suck! haha

We need an emot that yawns really big.

January 22, 2010, 05:25:41 PM
Reply #114

sonofdaxjones

• All American

This thread was about K-State basketball generating more revenue . . . then you and the other ku tard showed up, gave us example 1,256,789 how thin skinned ku bandwagoners are . . . and then you proved what a complete tard you are.

Nothing else needs to be said.

January 22, 2010, 05:26:00 PM
Reply #115

ClayKat

• Cub

without cash to pay a staff = 1992 KSU basketball.

Sorry students, you may pay a high price, but you also sit mid-court.  Make everyone happy, move the students to the end with cheaper tix, sell midcourt tix at a premium, sell a reduced number of student tix at midcourt at a premium (or at the same price but FCFS), move the media to the other end (tunnel) and be done.

Let's just get rid of the students.  Who needs a good atmosphere when there's a chance to make money?
Maybe we should just take the argument to the logical extreme and make the whole thing student section and kick out the people who actually pay the bills so we can get extra, super duper loud.  So, loud that Frank and staff decide to work for minimum wage just because they like the super duper loudness.

January 22, 2010, 05:27:55 PM
Reply #116

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Can't believe I let this thread get to 4 pages before chiming in with this
 :flush:
<---------Click the ball

January 22, 2010, 05:41:03 PM
Reply #117

BMWJhawk

Please keep letting students sit in $100,000 seats.  I love the fact that ku generates almost twice as much revenue as K-State. 

:love:

January 22, 2010, 05:51:26 PM
Reply #118

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Twice as much revenue as K-State would be $94.78 million dollars Ben.  ku athletics generated $70.6 million dollars in revenue in FY 2009.

I guess if "nearly twice as much" means $23.18 million less than "twice as much" than you've got a point.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:53:17 PM by sonofdaxjones »

January 22, 2010, 06:50:34 PM
Reply #119

PCR

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Why do you guys let trolls wreck so many threads around here?